ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 131
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:59 PM 02-28-2022
I couldn't agree more with you.

The Lakers had 16 championships already. To gain a COVID-19 title in the bubble, one the Lakers fans didn't even get to enjoy at Staples Center, was not worth this monstrosity. The Lakers' future is hopeless for the next five years.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:07 PM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Most Laker fans are apathetic toward LeBron. That tells you all you need to know about his significance.
Might have something to do with the fact that most Lakers fans are Kobe fans who hated LeBron for 15 years before he arrived.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:09 PM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I didn't know who the guy getting posterized was, but you could see he was a competent defender by virtue of the fact that he DIDN'T over-commit.

That was solid defense.

Man was dead and just didn't know it yet...
Poeltl is an excellent positional defender. Great BBIQ in general. I’ve been wanting the Raptors to get him back since they dealt him as part of the Kawhi trade (which was obviously worth it for that season alone but left the team without a long term C option that is still hindering them today).
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:25 PM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I didn't know who the guy getting posterized was, but you could see he was a competent defender by virtue of the fact that he DIDN'T over-commit.

That was solid defense.

Man was dead and just didn't know it yet...
Poeltl is top 5 in blocks this season. Ja Morant is just an absolute beast.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:35 PM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Poeltl is top 5 in blocks this season. Ja Morant is just an absolute beast.
In 1990 1.8 barely gets you in the top 20.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:26 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
In 1990 1.8 barely gets you in the top 20.
He would lead the entire league in field goal percentage too. You can clamor for your days of big men like Chris Dudley taking up a roster spot for a couple extra blocks per game. I find the offensive talent among the big men today much more exciting to watch than the old days of size and physicality masking a complete lack of talent.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:30 AM 03-01-2022
Lakers once had Randle, Ingram, Ball, Russell, Zubac, Hart, Kuzma etc on their roster and I wonder how they would look like today if the team didn't sell their soul to get LeBron and KD.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:32 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Lakers once had Randle, Ingram, Ball, Russell, Zubac, Hart etc on their roster and I wonder how they would look like today if the team didn't sell their soul to get LeBron and KD.
They’d be around .500 without a championship given those mediocre names.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:59 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
He would lead the entire league in field goal percentage too. You can clamor for your days of big men like Chris Dudley taking up a roster spot for a couple extra blocks per game. I find the offensive talent among the big men today much more exciting to watch than the old days of size and physicality masking a complete lack of talent.
It's eurotrash. Give me a Duncan like technician all day every day.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:02 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It's eurotrash. Give me a Duncan like technician all day every day.
Talking about technicians, have you ever watched Jokic play? He's a basketball genius and is likely about to win his 2nd MVP in a row for good reason.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:09 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Talking about technicians, have you ever watched Jokic play? He's a basketball genius and is likely about to win his 2nd MVP in a row for good reason.
He is kind of a throwback as well. I'd love to see him get a ring next especially given his back story.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 AM 03-01-2022
If he wanted to, I think Jokic could average a triple double. As a center.

That’s just lunacy.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:43 AM 03-01-2022
Embiid is going to be MVP unless he completely falls apart in the next 2-3 weeks.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:52 AM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Embiid is going to be MVP unless he completely falls apart in the next 2-3 weeks.
I assume that's another spread the MVP around thing from the writers because, nothing against Embiid, but he shouldn't. Jokic is the best player in the league right now and is putting up an even better year than he did last year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:34 AM 03-01-2022
You can't put complete stock in any one stat but look where Jokic ranks in this one:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...layer-ratings/

Also here:

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm
[Reply]
Page 26 of 131
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up