ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 59
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL 2022 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread****
TambaBerry 11:40 AM 03-07-2022
I'm not the mayock and gruden though so they're not long shots
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:10 PM 03-07-2022
I am starting to get a bit concerned after this damn combine, though. Some of the guys we expected to look good have been adjusted accordingly on the mock draft simulators and suddenly I'm looking at draft boards at 30 where our 'well they can't ALL go in the first' predictions are put to the test.

I'm sorry ya'll, I just cannot talk myself into Mafe or Ebiketie in the 1st. Or Hall or Paschal. And I'm not sure someone like Enagbare trips my trigger in the 3rd. I'm not sure how to work Drake Jackson into a 4-3.

Oof - that'd be a Chris Olave draft for me. And if nobody jumps at these QBs (Pickett, most notably) then Olave could be off the board. Then what? McCreary? Brisker?

Shit - my 'this draft board cannot possibly be picked clean by the time we're up' theory appears to be falling through on me.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:18 PM 03-07-2022
That’s exactly why I haven’t been “EDGE or bust” in the 1st.

BPA was always likely to be a WR or DB IMO.

Draft one of those guys, and then trade up for Thomas, Ebiketie, or Mafe.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:20 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s exactly why I haven’t been “EDGE or bust” in the 1st.

BPA was always likely to be a WR or DB IMO.

Draft one of those guys, and then trade up for Thomas, Ebiketie, or Mafe.
Late 1st just seems like such a no-man's land for DBs.

All these 'great' CB prospects we start talking up at 25+ ain't that great or they'd be top 15 guys. And CB is a corner that's pretty easy to see on tape.

And for guys that are true diamonds in the rough like Sneed, those can be had in the 3rd or 4th.

I just hate last 1st DBs. And the math may say I'm absolutely wrong there, but I just feel like they have awful success rates.

I'd just take Thomas in the 1st and be done with it if he were there. On my recent hell board mock, he wasn't. He went at 26 with Leal coming off at 28. Then I pooped a little.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:25 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Late 1st just seems like such a no-man's land for DBs.

All these 'great' CB prospects we start talking up at 25+ ain't that great or they'd be top 15 guys. And CB is a corner that's pretty easy to see on tape.

And for guys that are true diamonds in the rough like Sneed, those can be had in the 3rd or 4th.

I just hate last 1st DBs. And the math may say I'm absolutely wrong there, but I just feel like they have awful success rates.

I'd just take Thomas in the 1st and be done with it if he were there. On my recent hell board mock, he wasn't. He went at 26 with Leal coming off at 28. Then I pooped a little.
I’d have no problem taking Thomas in the 1st, but when you see where guys like DJ and Zierlein have him ranked, it just doesn’t seem likely at all that he goes in the 1st.

I mean, those two don’t even have him in their top 50, and you’ll have a hard time finding guys more plugged in than those guys.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:23 PM 03-07-2022
I’m fine with a safety in the first if he’s BPA at that point.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:27 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m fine with a safety in the first if he’s BPA at that point.
Better get Sam Williams in the 2nd if you go S in the first. And someone like Alec Pierce or Romeo Doubs in the 3rd.

You go safety in the first, you're gonna have to take some aggressive boom/bust swings in the 2nd and 3rd to get the kind of talent at key positions on this roster that we'd need to move the needle.

A 1st round safety is setting yourself up for a 'floor over ceiling' draft and a whole lot of 'meh' picks. With Ward's market seeming rather robust, I'd rather go Kaiir Elam or McCreary in the 1st and at least try to get some real high-end athleticism at CB.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:24 PM 03-07-2022
Plus you have to factor that there are going to be 3-4 teams that just completely fuck up and draft someone stupid that no one saw coming. There aren’t 32 competent GMs out there.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 12:47 PM 03-07-2022
The Detroit Lions select , Jordan Davis, DT , Georgia

Once in a generation player and way too much talent to pass up. Detroit not sure not sure if he fits the system but a player like this you make the system put him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:48 PM 03-07-2022
[Reply]
kccrow 01:27 PM 03-07-2022
Not that I don't think Davis will go high, because I think he will, but unless you think Davis can play DE in their 3-4, it just doesn't make a lot of sense. Honestly, I don't think Davis can give the number of snaps needed to play out on the edge like that.

The Lions took Alim McNeill in the 3rd last year and he developed into a stud by the season's end. He's a lock on the nose and can't slide out either. It would be a huge waste of a pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:50 PM 03-07-2022
I was very curious what Detroit would do in this situation. OT isn’t an option. This is probably still too early for Thibodeaux considering the concerns there.

I actually think this is an intriguing pivot from Hutchinson, even if it’s unlikely.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:25 PM 03-07-2022
I was very curious what Detroit would do in this situation. OT isn’t an option. This is probably still too early for Thibodeaux considering the concerns there.

I actually think this is an intriguing pivot from Hutchinson, even if it’s unlikely.
I think they’d gladly take Neal at 2.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:27 PM 03-07-2022
I think they’d gladly take Neal at 2.
Decker and Sewell are their OTs.

I don’t really see them going that direction 2 years in a row.

Trade down is probably the best outcome in that situation.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:20 PM 03-07-2022
Decker and Sewell are their OTs.

I don’t really see them going that direction 2 years in a row.

Trade down is probably the best outcome in that situation.
It would be a tough sell, for sure.

But Decker is 29 and has a cap hit for an acquiring team of about $14 million/yr. For a solid LT that's a bargain. I have to think they could get him moved for something like a 2nd rounder.

So you're sitting at that point on 2 bookend OTs making very little money for the next 5 years. You're cap neutral for 2022 but about $17 million ahead in 23 and 24.

And with Campbell being something of a mongoloid, the pure power that line has on it would allow him to be every big the mauler on offense he'd like to be.

Sure, if you could trade down, it's worth considering. But if I'm Detroit I can't take Hamilton (who's probably the safest pick in the draft) at 2 - not taking a safety there, sorry. Thibodeaux just has some motor issues I'm not terribly fond of. I love Walker but at 2? As green as he is? Davis is a horse but prior to the combine we're looking at him sliding to the teens/early 20s because he has no pass rush moves. The athletic ability was never in question - it was technique. So why should the underwear Olympics move him up 15-20 spots? Stingley's Lis Franc would worry me there and frankly they HAD an All Pro Caliber CB and traded him because when you're that bad, it just isn't a position that becomes a force multiplier.

So...

I think I just go with the guy I think has the most ability and for me that's Neal.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 59
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up