ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2605 of 3903
« First < 1605210525052555259526012602260326042605 260626072608260926152655270531053605 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Coach 09:44 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I’ve loved working from home.

I don’t sit in traffic.

More time with the family.

Can for a run and get all sweaty during my lunch break and not have to worry about stinking out my cowowrkers.

Microsoft teams is great.

Eating much better....like I’m eating out maybe once a month (curbside to go).

...that chatter with our leadership group is that once things get back to “normal” we will have the option to continue to work from home. I’m hoping that’s the case. I will probably end up working 3-4 days from home and just head into the office for client meetings or project coordination.
Pretty much this, minus the run. Can't do much running while under a major heat wave going on in the KC area on my lunch break.

But pretty much this.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:45 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Ok Dr Olathe.

I’ll let you know when my results are in.

I get a sinus infection at the same time my coworkers get COVID.
And to elaborate, my Brother In Law has been fighting sinus infections for the last month from wearing a mask 8-10 hours a day. I know you wear one a lot throughout the day. Again, it can be other things and I hope it is not only so you don't have Covid but so I can run a big I told you so in your face.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:45 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Better to have those people be tested and be wrong than to assume its not COVID and be wrong.
That wasn't even the point I was making. I think they should have tested. My point was you can still get sick from other shit that has signs or similarities to Covid and not have Covid. We had fevers, coughs, congestion, fatigue and what not long before Covid hit the scene.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:24 PM 07-14-2020
I put wasabi paste on my tongue and can't taste a thing.

This shit is ****ing wack!
When I was getting radiation to my head and neck....I couldnt tell the difference between sand, salt, sugar, dirt, flour if one were to place it in my mouth. I once chewed a handful of cocktail peanuts for 4 minutes and then exhaled pure peanut dust in the air because I had zero saliva in my mouth. Funny shit for sure......Welcome to the twilight zone.... Bottom line is we play the cards we are dealt right? Kick ass no matter what.....and blame nobody.....just live
[Reply]
eDave 10:39 PM 07-14-2020
I feel like it's pretty hard to get sick out here in the summer.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:48 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Shit just got real.

The security guard at our elementary charter school campus passed away from COVID-19 yesterday.

He was a genuinely nice, sweet man and all the kids loved him.

He was a husband, father and grandfather.

Dead at age 52.
Ugh, that's brutal.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:12 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I generally agree with you, but thus far the economy has outperformed expectations every month after the initial hit. Time will tell how it plays out in the end, but it still wouldn't surprise me to see things come back more than everyone expects.
I hope you are right but I would be surprised. There are a lot of dominoes to fall.

Government support running out. People run out of savings and max out debt.

An eviction tsunami is coming. Landlord and property owners and eventually banks are going to get hit. States are going to struggle with their budgets.

Without a vaccine the economy is going to be depressed even if everything is nominally opened up.

A quick vaccine could be a game changer.
[Reply]
loochy 06:07 AM 07-15-2020
I put wasabi paste on my tongue and can't taste a thing.

This shit is fucking wack!

Think of the bright side: you can live on a diet of chicken breast and mixed greens and take advantage of the extra calorie burn from the inevitable fever....use this thing to make you a ripped MFer. It'll be like running phentermine + DNP!
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:31 AM 07-15-2020
Had our first dept resignation to focus on homeschooling. We're all working from home for the rest of the year but she felt it was too much to juggle with 2 kids.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:47 AM 07-15-2020
Missouri Update 7-14-2020
Originally Posted by :
I was able to identify 1,020 cases from 64 jurisdictions and 14 deaths today.

The DHSS report from today showed an increase of over 900 cases

I did get some information passed along from a couple of independent contacts in the state, which indicates that the state is “multiple days behind in entry of positive COVID reports and has a backlog of more than 7,000 reports that need to be entered”. They note that some may be duplicate reports, and include all testing methods. It is unclear how this backlog will directly affect our numbers of positive cases. The DHSS, like virtually every other public health organization right now, is overwhelmed and understaffed. It was this way before we had a global pandemic, too.

[Deaths]

- Bollinger County has added their first COVID-19 related death, per the DHSS report.

- KCMO added 3 deaths today.

- Jackson County and St. Louis City each added 2 deaths today.

- Boone, Butler, Pettis, St. Charles, and St. Louis Counties, as well as the City of Joplin have each added 1 death, either today or yesterday.

[Cases]

- Christian County has now added 17 and 18 of their 110 cases in just two days.

- Cole County is up to 151 cases today from my number of 111 yesterday. I’m not sure how long I may have missed some of these cases, if I actually did miss them.

- I didn’t see any updates from Cape Girardeau County or from Johnson County, both of which are very much out of character.

- Chariton and Maries Counties are both down one case, per the DHSS report.

- Laclede County had 10 new cases

[Reply]
Monticore 07:21 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That wasn't even the point I was making. I think they should have tested. My point was you can still get sick from other shit that has signs or similarities to Covid and not have Covid. We had fevers, coughs, congestion, fatigue and what not long before Covid hit the scene.
You can but Arizona isn’t dealing with a sinus infection pandemic right now and with his recent contact to known positive with 0 Hx of sinus issues or allergies most people with any medical sense would presume covid till proven otherwise .
[Reply]
petegz28 08:07 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You can but Arizona isn’t dealing with a sinus infection pandemic right now and with his recent contact to known positive with 0 Hx of sinus issues or allergies most people with any medical sense would presume covid till proven otherwise .
Oh :-). People can get a sinus infection any time. It doesn't have to be a wide spread thing. And no one ever said it wasn't Covid. JFC. I mean allergies can cause a sinus infection for that matter. Just pipe the fuck down.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:17 AM 07-15-2020
Oh :-). People can get a sinus infection any time. It doesn't have to be a wide spread thing. And no one ever said it wasn't Covid. JFC. I mean allergies can cause a sinus infection for that matter. Just pipe the **** down.
I am not saying it isn't but if you do the math and I am sure the doctor that saw him did, sinus infection should not the first guess.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:19 AM 07-15-2020
Oh :-). People can get a sinus infection any time. It doesn't have to be a wide spread thing. And no one ever said it wasn't Covid. JFC. I mean allergies can cause a sinus infection for that matter. Just pipe the fuck down.
FYI I’m not freaking out and I think my wife has it now too. The point is that the most logical thing I have IS COVID given my state, job and all the staff testing positive around me all within 7 days of each other. I’m not sure who would think otherwise.
[Reply]
Donger 08:19 AM 07-15-2020
Currently, Arizona’s largest testing lab, Sonora Quest, which handles 80% of the state’s Covid-19 tests, is receiving 14,000 a day but processing only 10,000, said Chief Executive David Dexter. Results can take up to 11 days, the company said.
[Reply]
Page 2605 of 3903
« First < 1605210525052555259526012602260326042605 260626072608260926152655270531053605 > Last »
Up