ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 423 of 432
« First < 323373413419420421422423 424425426427 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:28 PM 03-28-2023
Ingram isn't even officially in the portal is he?
[Reply]
DJay23 09:03 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Not sure about the Northern CO guy. Could be the type that dominates lesser competition and looks really average vs the Big 12. Hard to tell.
I agree. He looks slow to me. He'd never get his shoulders past a Big XII defender.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:51 AM 03-29-2023
MJ Rice to the portal.

That one sucks. I thought he just had bad luck this year.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:08 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Why is that?

Even some Kansas fans made fun of Ellis for being soft at the college level.

I've learned to be humble about [mostly] my NBA predictions, but Niang at least had an outside game where you could see where he fit on the court.

I didn't really see where Ellis was going to fit.
Niang has the athleticism of a 60 yr old office worker.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:26 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
MJ Rice to the portal.

That one sucks. I thought he just had bad luck this year.
Dude sucked
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:45 AM 03-29-2023
The fact that MJ Rice couldn't get/stay on the floor on a team with no bench where Pettiford/Yesefu were getting meaningful minutes does not suggest much good about him as a player.

We may or may not end up missing him if he develops into something, but he had no guaranteed PT next year based on what we saw this year. His decision is understandable.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:47 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Niang has the athleticism of a 60 yr old office worker.
But with a high BBIQ, elite 3PT shot, and general competitiveness/toughness that is much higher than Perry. It's proven to be enough to make him a solid bench player.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:52 AM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The fact that MJ Rice couldn't get/stay on the floor on a team with no bench where Pettiford/Yesefu were getting meaningful minutes does not suggest much good about him as a player.

We may or may not end up missing him if he develops into something, but he had no guaranteed PT next year based on what we saw this year. His decision is understandable.
I’m not too surprised by it.

I think I said before that if he goes, then Self doesn’t see it in Rice. If he saw Rice coming around, then it would’ve been pretty easy to sell the vision to him as the starting 3 next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes off elsewhere. I think his season just started with way too much bad luck and held him back.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:58 AM 03-29-2023
Could be another semi ojeleye
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:20 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Could be another semi ojeleye
Andrew White and Quentin Grimes came to mind for me.

Grimes had his moments, but he had a ton of dud performances.

White could barely get on the floor at Kansas.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:29 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

At least he had the excuse of being new.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:33 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
At least he had the excuse of being new.
That plus he had a weird string of minor injuries, Covid, kidney stones, etc that made him miss time early.

The Big 12 was such a grind that I think it was hard to get him much PT later, because those games actually matter. There weren’t bad teams for him to rack up minutes against.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:07 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Andrew White and Quentin Grimes came to mind for me.

Grimes had his moments, but he had a ton of dud performances.

White could barely get on the floor at Kansas.
I don’t think it’s very comparable to Grimes. He started from day one on a team that was preseason #1. He only transferred because he wanted a different role. He foolishly thought he was a PG
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:29 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I don’t think it’s very comparable to Grimes. He started from day one on a team that was preseason #1. He only transferred because he wanted a different role. He foolishly thought he was a PG
Oh I get that. He’s just a talented guy who exploded somewhere else. That’s all.

Rice could do the same. Maybe he will, maybe he won’t.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:52 PM 03-29-2023
I'm not sure Grimes thought he was a point guard, he just needed the ball in his hands in order to pull up and make his shots. He couldn't catch and shoot and I seem to remember Conner Frankamp having the same issue.

I feel like guys who were The Man in high school sometimes have a hard time transitioning to the catch and shoot percentages they need.
[Reply]
Page 423 of 432
« First < 323373413419420421422423 424425426427 > Last »
Up