Page 351 of 4892
« First < 251301341347348349350351 3523533543553614014518511351 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:04 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
Tyrod is pretty good. You guys are under selling him.
You would've said the same thing about Kaep after his first half a season as a starter. It's the same shit every time with these running QB's.

The thing about Taylor too is he doesn't have the frame to sustain his style of play for a full season. He was banged up all year because of it.
[Reply]
O.city 06:53 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You would've said the same thing about Kaep after his first half a season as a starter. It's the same shit every time with these running QB's.

The thing about Taylor too is he doesn't have the frame to sustain his style of play for a full season. He was banged up all year because of it.
Tyrod isn't really a running qb though. He's more Alex smith runner than kap.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:03 PM 04-07-2016
Tyrod isn't really a running qb though. He's more Alex smith runner than kap.
Bullshit. He had 104 rushing attempts in 14 games last year while playing most of them hurt.

Kaep's highest rushing attempt totals? 104 in 16 games.

Again, he will not hold up for 16 games with his playing style.
[Reply]
O.city 07:31 PM 04-07-2016
Bullshit. He had 104 rushing attempts in 14 games last year while playing most of them hurt.

Kaep's highest rushing attempt totals? 104 in 16 games.

Again, he will not hold up for 16 games with his playing style.
Attempts don't really provide any context, themselves alone. Kap ran because alot of it was scripted and because he couldn't read a defense.

I don't think that's the case with tyrod.

He had a 64 % Completion rate and ran a fairly legit nfl offense. Kap never did that.

Tyrod can actually play from the pocket.

He's no drew brees, but I think hes an ascending player and exciting to watch. Kind of Russell Wilson esque.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:40 PM 04-07-2016
Attempts don't really provide any context, themselves alone. Kap ran because alot of it was scripted and because he couldn't read a defense.

I don't think that's the case with tyrod.

He had a 64 % Completion rate and ran a fairly legit nfl offense. Kap never did that.

Tyrod can actually play from the pocket.

He's no drew brees, but I think hes an ascending player and exciting to watch. Kind of Russell Wilson esque.
Call it whatever you want to call it, but he's a running QB, meaning he takes off often. 104 times in 14 games is a shitload. You don't need "context" to tell you that. Like you said, most of those aren't designed runs either (like Kap), so that tells me he's taking off a lot from the pocket. Alex Smith's highest total is 84 for a comparison, and that was in 16 games.
[Reply]
O.city 07:44 PM 04-07-2016
You always need context, otherwise stats aren't always stats
[Reply]
staylor26 07:45 PM 04-07-2016
You always need context, otherwise stats aren't always stats
Lol you're really being hard headed here. I'm done.
[Reply]
O.city 07:49 PM 04-07-2016
I'm just saying, there's a difference in a running qb and a qb who uses his legs to his advantage.

Russell Wilson averages about 100 rushes per year, but I wouldn't call him a running qb. Kapernick completely fell apart because he appears to not have the ability to play from the pocket. From the games I watched, I don't have any reason to believe tyrod can't do that as he seemed to have a pretty good feel for it.
[Reply]
O.city 07:51 PM 04-07-2016
Plus I think he'd be a good fit in Kubiaks offense so I don't wanna see it.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:58 PM 04-07-2016
I'm just saying, there's a difference in a running qb and a qb who uses his legs to his advantage.

Russell Wilson averages about 100 rushes per year, but I wouldn't call him a running qb. Kapernick completely fell apart because he appears to not have the ability to play from the pocket. From the games I watched, I don't have any reason to believe tyrod can't do that as he seemed to have a pretty good feel for it.
I don't disagree that Tyrod Taylor is more of a pocket passer than Kaepernick, but he's certainly not as good as Smith or Wilson in that category either.

I am telling you his style of play will not hold up for 16 games and the evidence we have today clearly supports that.

The "he's a pocket passer first though" argument doesn't mean shit if he can't stay healthy while playing his style of play.

If his legs become less of a threat (which he'd have to change drastically to survive), he's clearly going to have to improve as a pocket passer. He's not even close to there yet. It was 14 games where his legs were a huge threat, and like I said before, guys that run that often usually have early success while DC's try to figure them out.

He got worse as the season went on, so the stats/evidence supports that as well. Less than 60% completetion % in 5 of his last 7 games. That is TERRIBLE.
[Reply]
O.city 08:05 PM 04-07-2016
Why will his style of play not hold up? Alex smith does it, same with Russell wilson. So what says he can't play that way? Him getting dinged up this year? Russell Wilson is built similarly and runs just as much and holds up. Smith is a bit taller but has had injury concerns himself.

He did get worse after getting injured, the stats showed that for sure.

Pocket passers that use their legs to their advantage are very difficult to defend of they can play from the pocket first.

He was also essentially in his first year as a full player so he very well could regress, but he seemed more refined as a passer than you'd expect wth limited pt, so it would hopefully be less likely to happen.

I enjoy watching those guys play that way though, I will admit
[Reply]
staylor26 08:07 PM 04-07-2016
Why will his style of play not hold up? Alex smith does it, same with Russell wilson. So what says he can't play that way? Him getting dinged up this year? Russell Wilson is built similarly and runs just as much and holds up. Smith is a bit taller but has had injury concerns himself.

He did get worse after getting injured, the stats showed that for sure.

Pocket passers that use their legs to their advantage are very difficult to defend of they can play from the pocket first
JFC are you serious? Even his coach has said his style of play will not hold up. He was hurt on more than one occasion because of it. Why would that suddenly change as he gets older and plays more games that way?

Alex Smith and Russell Wilson are much smarter about the way they run. They protect themselves and you can see it when you watch them.

He's like Vick and RG3. He just doesn't know how to protect himself.
[Reply]
O.city 08:09 PM 04-07-2016
Well, I don't take what Rex Ryan says about any qb play very seriously. Im not a big fan of his, think he's a little overrated as a HC. Good DC though.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:11 PM 04-07-2016
Well, I don't take what Rex Ryan says about any qb play very seriously. Im not a big fan of his, think he's a little overrated as a HC. Good DC though.
Lol you aren't condescending, but you're one hard headed SOB. I'll give you that.

It doesn't take a QB guru to see when a guy is too fragile for his style of play. It's usually pretty fucking obvious.
[Reply]
O.city 08:13 PM 04-07-2016
Lol you aren't condescending, but you're one hard headed SOB. I'll give you that.

It doesn't take a QB guru to see when a guy is too fragile for his style of play. It's usually pretty ****ing obvious.
So if tyrod is too fragile for that style of play, is Alex smith?
[Reply]
Page 351 of 4892
« First < 251301341347348349350351 3523533543553614014518511351 > Last »
Up