ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 73
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
Rain Man 04:19 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-) Chris Simms
It's interesting that everyone who knows him has said that they've never seen any racist action from him. So it raises the question of whether thinking (or writing) racist things causes damage if you never act in a racist manner.

I'm sure that people elsewhere have long discussed and decided that it does, but you know ... I've had thoughts occasionally about punching someone in the face and I've never done it, so does that make me violent?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:29 PM 10-12-2021
The Bucs are removing Gruden from their ring of honor.

Daaaaaaamn!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:34 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It's interesting that everyone who knows him has said that they've never seen any racist action from him. So it raises the question of whether thinking (or writing) racist things causes damage if you never act in a racist manner.

I'm sure that people elsewhere have long discussed and decided that it does, but you know ... I've had thoughts occasionally about punching someone in the face and I've never done it, so does that make me violent?
The real hardcore Christians believe that merely 'lusting in your heart' is the same as acting on it.

So simply appreciating the female form w/ potential carnal contemplation is akin to following through on the act.

That's why I think those guys are stacking the deck a bit. That hardly seems like a fair set of guidelines when you're biologically hard-wired for certain traits to get your attention. I feel like I've been set up to fail here.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:38 PM 10-12-2021
Seems like anyone in sports (or not in sports) with a platform is pontificating about this. So much virtue signaling, so little time. Bye Chucky. Next news cycle please. :-)
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:39 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Bucs just announced they’re removing Gruden from their ring of honor
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
The Bucs are removing Gruden from their ring of honor.

Daaaaaaamn!

The #Bucs are removing Jon Gruden from their ring of honor. pic.twitter.com/kIV6vj1i5y

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 12, 2021

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:39 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Seems like anyone in sports (or not in sports) with a platform is pontificating about this. So much virtue signaling, so little time. Bye Chucky. Next news cycle please. :-)
After Sunday night, the Lamar Jackson happy funtime hour and now this, today has DEFINTELY been a 'stay the hell away from sports media' day.
[Reply]
jettio 04:40 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

Jimmy Carter referenced Matthew 5:28 in a Playboy interview during the 1976 campaign to say that found a way to get a lot of strange without risk of contracting STDs:

Matthew 5:28. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

In Pulp Fiction, Marcellus Wallace employee Jules Winnfield quoted a different bible verse.

Jules Winnfield: There's a passage that I got memorized, seems appropriate for this situation: Ezekiel 25,17. "The path of the righteous man is beset of all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

I think that means that imaginary pussy can be a problem but much different in degree than emptying a clip into a wayward drug entrepreneur after eating his Big Kahuna burger, unless it is just a movie, of course.
[Reply]
jettio 04:42 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Are they going to have a ceremony at halftime or are they going to do that on a Wednesday?
[Reply]
HC_Chief 04:44 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Jimmy Carter referenced Matthew 5:28 in a Playboy interview during the 1976 campaign to say that found a way to get a lot of strange without risk of contracting STDs:

Matthew 5:28. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

In Pulp Fiction, Marcellus Wallace employee Jules Winnfield quoted a different bible verse.

Jules Winnfield: There's a passage that I got memorized, seems appropriate for this situation: Ezekiel 25,17. "The path of the righteous man is beset of all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

I think that means that imaginary pussy can be a problem but much different in degree than emptying a clip into a wayward drug entrepreneur after eating his Big Kahuna burger, unless it is just a movie, of course.
Say "what" again.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:45 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The real hardcore Christians believe that merely 'lusting in your heart' is the same as acting on it.

So simply appreciating the female form w/ potential carnal contemplation is akin to following through on the act.

That's why I think those guys are stacking the deck a bit. That hardly seems like a fair set of guidelines when you're biologically hard-wired for certain traits to get your attention. I feel like I've been set up to fail here.
Well shit.

I guess I should just carve an "A" in my chest and get it over with.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:08 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
****ing everyone speaks differently behind closed doors.

All these "angels" that act like they've never said anything that would be considered "racially motivated" when nobody was listening or as a joke to friends are full of shit.
Believe it or not some of us don't actually make racist jokes to our friends, even behind closed doors.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:14 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Major mistake resigning. You cannot appease the witch trials. The mob does not reason. The mob does not forgive. So tell them to go fuck themselves, a la Dave Chappelle.
He has a new stand up on Netflix. It's really good.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:17 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Well shit.

I guess I should just carve an "A" in my chest and get it over with.
Yeah, when society builds a machine that can read our thoughts, I'm going to prison for a long, long time. We all are. Society will consist of a bunch of six year olds working as prison guards while the rest of us languish in our cells.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:17 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The NFL's response as to why only Gruden's e-mails were released out of the 650,000 e-mails obtained during the Redskins workplace misconduct investigation is... unclear:

Link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...er/6102331001/
Either there was an unwanted leak or the NFL is really this stupid and used this to shame gruden for his comments. If it's the latter, holy shit are they stupid for drawing attention to emails being available to the public.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:20 PM 10-12-2021
Always disliked Gruden. He was awful on TV. Full of shit and a ball washer.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 73
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up