ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Post-Mortem: 2022 NFL Draft Class
Dante84 03:49 PM 08-08-2022
Figure we can drop nuggets about random dudes from this draft class as their early careers progress.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:07 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Drake London is probably the most underrated offensive rookie so far. 160 yards and a TD. Saw him make some good ass plays.
Looking like I whiffed on that one. Didn't think he had the quickness to translate and didn't think his size would matter as much at the next level. He's looked much better than I expected.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:02 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Pickens made a spectacular OBJ-esque one-handed catch on TNF. Sucks that he has Trubisky for his QB.
He also threw a little tantrum on the sideline.

And earlier in the week, he threw Trubisky under the bus saying that all the WRs were getting open.

Great talent, but clearly not a culture fit in KC.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He also threw a little tantrum on the sideline.

And earlier in the week, he threw Trubisky under the bus saying that all the WRs were getting open.

Great talent, but clearly not a culture fit in KC.
Tyreek Hill has spent 2 months taking thinly veiled shots at the organization.

Meanwhile he was a model teammate for 6 seasons here.

I'd hold off a bit on deciding who is/isn't a culture fit. Gimme the great talent and I'll see what we can do about that culture bridge when we get to it.

Something tells me he wouldn't be throwing PM under the bus. When the rubber the road, 99% of all WRs are divas. Some coaches/organizations manage to just keep it contained.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:16 AM 09-23-2022
Every time George Pickens makes one of these damn catches i get a little salty.

Fucking DK Metcalfe catastrophe all over again.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:36 AM 09-23-2022
Lol can't wait for Skyy to have you two eating crow.

Just a matter of time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:40 AM 09-23-2022

Just a matter of time.
Nor can I.

We need someone that can beat man coverage but it damn sure ain't JJSS and it doesn't appear to be MVS.

The sooner Moore can earn some playing time the better, because when Justin Watson is the only guy that's looked remotely feisty in this 'new' alignment, you're in some trouble.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:50 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Every time George Pickens makes one of these damn catches i get a little salty.

****ing DK Metcalfe catastrophe all over again.
He'll probably be very good, but he had 39 yards and I think 36 came from that 1 reception. I dunno, I liked him more than Moore but not loads and to be honest he's not exactly lighting it up.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:51 AM 09-23-2022

Just a matter of time.
Even if Skyy Moore has success (which i fully expect him to) it won't matter much in this debate because it's about skill set.

They're completely different kinds of guys.

Reid and Mahomes will make Skyy produce. They woulda made Pickens produce too.

Give me Pickens skillset all day long though.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:52 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
He'll probably be very good, but he had 39 yards and I think 36 came from that 1 reception. I dunno, I liked him more than Moore but not loads and to be honest he's not exactly lighting it up.
As the 3rd receiver on a running team with Mitch Trubisky at Qb.

Fuck the production dude, who cares. Look at the skillset and ability.

And yeah i understand he has an attitude problem, but shit, that's partly why i loved the guy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:01 PM 09-23-2022
This is that attitude im talking about. He was doing it in college, now he's doing it in the pros.

I watched a Browns DB try to press him last night and Pickens shoved him out of position with one arm and went right by.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:02 PM 09-23-2022
Even if Skyy Moore has success (which i fully expect him to) it won't matter much in this debate because it's about skill set.

They're completely different kinds of guys.

Reid and Mahomes will make Skyy produce. They woulda made Pickens produce too.

Give me Pickens skillset all day long though.
What skill set has he shown thus far?

Again, I love Pickens, but I just haven't been overly impressed outside of that one catch. I posted a video of him failing to get much separation throughout the course of a game. He hasn't looked overly fast or quick out there. So far, he looks like a big contested catch guy, and that just isn't a great fit in this offense and in particular with Mahomes.

Now of course it's still very early. He, like Skyy, has a lot of room to grow. I'm not denying the upside he showed in college.

But I think you're severely underestimating Skyy's skill set.

Dude can literally do it all. I know many want to pretend he can't win with deeper routes, but he's shown that he can in the limited opportunities that he's had going back to the preseason. He's not going to get a ton of separation on those, but he gets enough, and that's really all he needs. We already know he can win on the short to intermediate stuff. He's also displayed some of that YAC ability that he showed in college. He's got huge hands and long arms.

Just wait, let things play out. I have no doubt you will be eating crow.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:12 PM 09-23-2022
What skill set has he shown thus far?
His body control is already at the top the league as demonstrated last night. He's shown to be a good route runner. Excellent hands. Not just a willing run blocker, but a violent one.

He's not the fastest guy, but he's still a 4.4 forty kind of player.

Between training camp and now the dude has made a number of ELITE level catches.

C'mon man, look at this shit.

Dude blocks TWO defenders to spring an outside run. Blows up a DB on another run play away from his side.

Catches a deep fade over the shoulder and toe taps in the corner of the endzone.

Look at the body control on that leaping grab for a first down.

And dude has certainly gotten open:

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:16 PM 09-23-2022
I mean, i get that you've been a big Skyy Moore stan this whole time and DJ and I were vehemently against him leading up to the draft, but to say, "what skillset" c'man man. You know exactly what skillset.

You dont have to shit on Pickens to hype Moore.

[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 09-23-2022
He has not shown to be a great route runner thus far. Not bad, but absolutely nothing special.

Actually, I'm not even going to sugarcoat it, he doesn't look nearly as good as Skyy does running routes.

I'll give you the body control, the big catch ability, and the bully like attitude he has when blocking CBs.

I'm not trying to sound like a Pickens hater. I was literally driving the bandwagon, but I've also been the guy defending Skyy going back to before the draft.

I don't think this has to be an either/or thing. They're both going to be great players. I just think the people that are certain that Pickens is the better player are in for a surprise when Skyy gets his shot.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 09-23-2022
I mean, i get that you've been a big Skyy Moore stan this whole time and DJ and I were vehemently against him leading up to the draft, but to say, "what skillset" c'man man. You know exactly what skillset.

You dont have to shit on Pickens to hype Moore.

Quite the opposite IMO. I feel like you're shitting on Moore.

Also, I'm saying what skill set has he shown so far, because he really hasn't done much despite getting an opportunity day 1. Again, I'm fully aware of the upside he showed. I was the one driving the Pickens bandwagon from day 1. It's just that he hasn't really been as impressive as I expected outside of a spectacular catch.

And I know it's Trubisky, but Diontae Johnson still looks like Diontae Johnson.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up