ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 80
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
DTHOF 08:40 AM 01-22-2023
Mac Jones was crying like a bitch when his happened. Mahommes played on it for a half. It is about pain tolerance and want to.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:50 AM 01-22-2023
Mahomes is gonna need to pull a 2010 Kobe Bryant when he was playing with a broken finger on his dominant shooting hand.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:52 AM 01-22-2023
It's really going to come down to one single question; will continuing to play on it this season risk any more severe damage in the future?

If the doctors say that isn't a concern, and it's just about pain tolerance, it would take the Chiefs organization calling in the National Guard to keep Mahomes off the field. He would play with a bone sticking out of his leg if they let him.

There is no other QB in football who takes that hit and doesn't break his ankle, not to mention continue playing and even throw another TD. This guy is truly built different. He's underappreciated by this league, one of the last true warriors left in the game of football. They need to stop trying to prop others up to his level and recognize him as the legend he already is.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:54 AM 01-22-2023
The other defense has to plan for a different Mahomes, Henne and Buechele. It can be used
[Reply]
Kman34 08:57 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
It's really going to come down to one single question; will continuing to play on it this season risk any more severe damage in the future?

If the doctors say that isn't a concern, and it's just about pain tolerance, it would take the Chiefs organization calling in the National Guard to keep Mahomes off the field. He would play with a bone sticking out of his leg if they let him.

There is no other QB in football who takes that hit and doesn't break his ankle, not to mention continue playing and even throw another TD. This guy is truly built different. He's underappreciated by this league, one of the last true warriors left in the game of football. They need to stop trying to prop others up to his level and recognize him as the legend he already is.
I still can’t believe he wasn’t in a walking boot.. That gives me some optimism..
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:01 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I still can’t believe he wasn’t in a walking boot.. That gives me some optimism..

This…he had no wrap, no brace…nothing, wtf?

From his goofy ass kneecaps to his rubber ankles…he is invincible!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:08 AM 01-22-2023
So there ain’t no doubt anymore that this is officially mahomes’ “over my dead body” game, right? You gotta love the fire. Sorry, not to minimize injury, but you haven’t seen even a tiny bit of this fire from Lamar even with lots of time to heal.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 09:14 AM 01-22-2023
I adore him. I love his personality and fire for the game. What an alpha.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:23 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
I adore him. I love his personality and fire for the game. What an alpha.

I didn’t think it was possible for me to love Mahomes more than I already did. Until last night. What a fucking warrior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:25 AM 01-22-2023
Looks like it is officially just a high ankle sprain
[Reply]
staylor26 10:28 AM 01-22-2023
The fact that he wasn't in a boot or anything after the game with no limp is just insane.

That has to be a really good sign.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:29 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
gonna be hard for him to pick up those 3rd and longs with his feet now

pocket mahomes coming
[Reply]
TLO 10:30 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
What are you officially basing this on?
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:31 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The fact that he wasn't in a boot or anything after the game with no limp is just insane.

That has to be a really good sign.
I would still feel better to see him taking every precaution to keep it stable, like a walking boot or something similar
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:32 AM 01-22-2023
I think we should announce all week that Henne will start the game next week. Then pull him after 1 snap. You know, just to screw up their game plan
[Reply]
Page 9 of 80
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up