ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:37 AM 01-09-2019
Mahomes has done fine in rain and cold. As long as he's not too impacted grip wise it's probably a huge advantage for us. Wind would actually be really nice. Luck did fine on a cold windy day in Houston a few months back but that's the closest he's had to a weather game. In rain on a warm day he looked like shit against Jacksonville. I'm still wondering how much his arm strength can handle cutting this type of wind.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 01-09-2019
Houston has a dome?
[Reply]
wazu 01-09-2019, 09:42 AM
This message has been deleted by wazu. Reason: Duplicate
wazu 09:42 AM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Mahomes has done fine in rain and cold. As long as he's not too impacted grip wise it's probably a huge advantage for us. Wind would actually be really nice. Luck did fine on a cold windy day in Houston a few months back but that's the closest he's had to a weather game. In rain on a warm day he looked like shit against Jacksonville. I'm still wondering how much his arm strength can handle cutting this type of wind.
It was cold and windy but they left the roof open?
[Reply]
Tonka83 09:43 AM 01-09-2019
A smiling 23 year old Patrick Mahomes playing football in the snow will be a fun thing to watch. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the Colts. (ok not even a little bit)
[Reply]
wazu 09:43 AM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Houston has a dome?
Rolling roof, as does Indy.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:46 AM 01-09-2019
looked at the forecast again and its now been revised ot include more snow and lower temps.

I don't buy that it wont affect the Colts. They aren't used to it, period. It may be minimal bu there is going to be some detriment to them, as it wont be the same footing and 'normal' play surface that they are used to as a dome team.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:51 AM 01-09-2019
I don't know what forecasts you guys use. When I check it I see maybe a few snow flurries/showers. Nothing major by game time.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:08 AM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
It was cold and windy but they left the roof open?
Oh shit. Even better. I was just going off an nfl weather site. Houston never really opens the roof.

So basically... Luck has played no cold games this year or post arm surgery. He hasn't played in below 40 degree temperature in 3 years (?). The only weather game he's played was a rainy day in Jacksonville where the Colts got shut out.

Trying not to get too excited about it... But that could be a big deal.
[Reply]
otherstar 10:30 AM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wasn't it like 8 degrees in 95 for the COlts?
It was frigid. High of 9, low of -9, and wind chill well below that.

The Chiefs v. Colts game in question was actually played on 1/7/1996 and here is the historical weather data from that day.

I was there and have never been more miserable in my now 48 year old life. It might have been more bearable had the Chiefs won, but it was still freaking cold and my moustache had icicles in it. My feet got so cold, despite my hiking boots, and 2 pairs of heavy socks, that I swore I was going to have frostbite afterwards (thankfully, I didn't).
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:11 AM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by otherstar:
It was frigid. High of 9, low of -9, and wind chill well below that.

The Chiefs v. Colts game in question was actually played on 1/7/1996 and here is the historical weather data from that day.

I was there and have never been more miserable in my now 48 year old life. It might have been more bearable had the Chiefs won, but it was still freaking cold and my moustache had icicles in it. My feet got so cold, despite my hiking boots, and 2 pairs of heavy socks, that I swore I was going to have frostbite afterwards (thankfully, I didn't).
I think it is the 3rd coldest game on record for the NFl. Worst one I ever went to in all my years as a season ticket holder.

You know it is cold when you buy a Hot Chocolate and by the time you get to your seat, there is a layer of ice on top of it.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:26 AM 01-09-2019
Good. Lets go out there and get physical with them in the cold and get the win. A big knock on Reid teams is that they are soft and too cute. No better way to prove that wrong than winning in a snow game.

Lets get that win Chiefs!!!
[Reply]
KurtCauley 11:38 AM 01-09-2019
Sorry about the repost, I didn't see the original thread on the weather. I know Patrick will be ready to rock and roll. I was at the Baltimore game and thought that crowd was great and it was pretty cold that day. It was like 20 degrees when I got to the field at 8 am.

Gotta brag real quick though, I was down on the field for the pregame of that game. I got to stand next to the players for the national anthem. Those guys are massive up close and personal. Most incredible experience of my life.
[Reply]
MAG 11:44 AM 01-09-2019
Snow game's are fun. I want one.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:52 AM 01-09-2019
Is it time to replace Arrowhead with a Dome?
[Reply]
deadman 12:04 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Cold and windy day in Houston? NRG Stadium has a retractable roof but I believe it was closed in both games down there for the Colts.

The Colts did, however, play @Titans in the rain but it was not really cold. Maybe this is what you are thinking of?

I do not think it rained in Jacksonville either. The Colts O got embarrassed by a divisional opponent in fine weather.

It may have rained @ the Eagles in week 3 and the Colts did lose that game.

I'm not sure the weather is going to have much of an impact on this game. If it turns out to be very windy or heavy snow, my opinion may change.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 29
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up