ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 29
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
KCJake 11:18 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Nobody gives a shit that it snows or not - they just care how it effects the game. You can't fucking throw a football in the snow. What is our best weapon? Patrick fucking Mahomes. If it's snowing heavy snow flakes during the game - it makes it harder.

I was going to put a huge wager on the Chiefs to cover, but if it is going to snow - all bets are off.
Agree 100% you're crazy if you think the weather has no impact. The Chiefs have one way of winning and thats Mahomes throwing the ball all over the field. Tough to do that in a blizzard.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:22 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Agree 100% you're crazy if you think the weather has no impact. The Chiefs have one way of winning and thats Mahomes throwing the ball all over the field. Tough to do that in a blizzard.
That's just straight up hyperbole.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:26 PM 01-10-2019
I have faith Tyreek and Kelce can catch the ball in any weather. And Mahomie can figure out how to zip it to them.

I have a theory that pretty much any weather benefits the home team. Visting teams are geared up to fight the fans, but now they have to fight the weather too? I think it energizes home teams and saps road teams.
[Reply]
JDKinman 12:07 AM 01-11-2019
FWIW, I always go with the forecasts that come from NOAA for pilots and aviation businesses. Over the years, I've found them to be by far the most accurate. Here is a snapshot of the 36 hour forecast for the Midwest on Saturday, 12 January 2018.

rel="Lightbox"?attachmentid=233697&d=1547186296" border="0" alt="" class="tcattdimgresizer" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

Here is the TAF (Terminal Area Forecast) for KMCI (Kansas City International Airport)

As of right now (just after midnight, Friday 11 January 2018), it looks like the forecast for the KC area is going to be light winds from the east/southeast with moderate rainfall for Friday night/early morning hours Saturday, changing to winds from the east at 8mph and light snow prior to kickoff.

rel="Lightbox"?attachmentid=233698&d=1547186603" border="0" alt="" class="tcattdimgresizer" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:45 AM 01-11-2019
week 17 last season - Mahomes did fine in Denver w/ shit weather.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:12 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Y**
[Reply]
LiveSteam 01:24 AM 01-11-2019
I think this favors KC.
[Reply]
yeti 06:13 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:

It was very cold but the field was dry for that game. It had not snowed that day or the day before.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:03 AM 01-11-2019
Latest models show snow during the game. Maybe an inch or so.
[Reply]
bowener 08:31 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
In what world is the east coast not capable of handling snow? Especially the northeast.
Yeah, this is the dumbest fucking thing I've seen in a while. I was born and raised and still live in the midwest, but travel to work in NE. Those mother fuckers don't care if it snows 4 fucking feet. Most of my work is in the rural mountains of VT. In one day we got over 2' of snow on top of whatever was there, and that didn't put a dent in the daily life of anyone I interacted with.

Last time I can remember Missouri getting 18" in a day and the entire state seemed to fall apart.
[Reply]
notorious 08:38 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
FWIW, I always go with the forecasts that come from NOAA for pilots and aviation businesses. Over the years, I've found them to be by far the most accurate. Here is a snapshot of the 36 hour forecast for the Midwest on Saturday, 12 January 2018.

rel="Lightbox"?attachmentid=233697&d=1547186296" border="0" alt="" class="tcattdimgresizer" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

Here is the TAF (Terminal Area Forecast) for KMCI (Kansas City International Airport)

As of right now (just after midnight, Friday 11 January 2018), it looks like the forecast for the KC area is going to be light winds from the east/southeast with moderate rainfall for Friday night/early morning hours Saturday, changing to winds from the east at 8mph and light snow prior to kickoff.

rel="Lightbox"?attachmentid=233698&d=1547186603" border="0" alt="" class="tcattdimgresizer" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />
Post a METAR tomorrow and watch heads explode on CP trying to translate it.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 08:52 AM 01-11-2019
NWS still has not issued a Winter Storm Warning for KC, which means as of now they don't predict all those high totals the local stations are using to get people to tune in. NWS is more in the 2-5 inch total as of now.

I'll be able to go more in-depth into their forecasts in the next few hours and post an update.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:53 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Latest models show snow during the game. Maybe an inch or so.
So we went from 5 inches to a dusting-1 inch?
[Reply]
Bowser 08:55 AM 01-11-2019
The KC local weatherpeople are now saying 4-8 inches around KC proper, 6-10 from mid-Mo towards St. Louis. It's supposed to continue snowing through kickoff, but the heavy accumulating stuff will have already dropped. Supposedly.
[Reply]
EyePod 09:00 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Despite what some think about dome teams, I think a wet or sloppy field is a disadvantage for us.
I think it doesn't help Luck. His away splits are significantly worse. He's also worse on grass as well.

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewluck...tuationalstats

Overall, I think the game will be starting in the temperature bucket of "not a big deal" http://archive.advancedfootballanaly...n-passing.html
[Reply]
Page 14 of 29
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up