ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Not smoking pot
rabblerouser 06:20 PM 07-31-2018
So, for the first time in my adult life, for several reasons, I am abstaining from ingesting anything with THC.

DAY 3 :

Jittery, anxious. No coffee this morning. Stomach is..."tight."

Yogurt for breakfast.

The day seemed to drag on and on, in a painful way.

I have some real anxiety issues, and my self-control is being tested.

Anyone ever take a 'hiatus' or quit and have some...'side effects'?

I could take a benzo or a painkiller, but I'm really not a fan of either...

Trying to be normal.
[Reply]
bricks 06:48 AM 09-07-2018
Originally Posted by rico:
From the age of 17 all the way until 3-4 years ago (age 31), I smoked pot probably 300 days of the year on average. And I don’t think there is anything ****ing wrong with it. I am not ashamed of it. Pot opened my mind, helped me find humor in things when things weren’t going well, instilled GOOD decision making...seriously, I would kick back and think things through thoroughly before making decisions unlike alcohol...which brings out the impulsive, 50 foot tall and nuke bomb proof version of me that I hate. I credit some of my worst decisions I’ve made in life to alcohol. I lose my inhibitions sometimes. Never with pot...ever.

And now I work at a place where I am subject to random piss tests. I just got off work and after a stressful night like tonight, there is nothing that I would rather do right now than just kick back and smoke a bowl and watch Always Sunny. But no. Random piss tests. And I make relatively decent money, so it would be catastrophic if I lost my job. It pisses me the **** off. I hate having to resort to the occasional beer-drinking after work because alcohol is, for sure, much worse for me than weed is. Seriously, **** this shit. I wish they would test you in a manner which they can tell when you had smoked and if you were stoned at work. All I want to do is smoke a ****ing bowl when I get off work in the morning and the kids are off to school...and there is nothing ****ing wrong with that. Hell, being 3rd shift, it’d ****ing help me sleep. And of course, alcohol keeps me up.
You found weed helped you sleep? I felt the same way in terms of it helping me get to sleep but not for quality of sleep. I remember being stoned a lot before going to bed and barely dreaming. I think marijuana has an effect on the REM sleep cycle where disrupts the last stage of it and thus we don’t dream. Not dreaming at night sucks. It was no coincedence to me as to why I wasn’t remembering information.

I’ve quit now for about a month and Im dreaming like crazy and also remembering stuff way better than I did going to sleep at night stoned. I think marijuana plays a role in impairing our memory by disrupting the last stage of the REM sleep cycle. I feel that difference at least in my life.
[Reply]
rico 06:50 AM 09-07-2018
Originally Posted by bricks:
You found weed helped you sleep? I felt the same way in terms of it helping me get to sleep but not for quality of sleep. I remember being stoned a lot before going to bed and barely dreaming. I think marijuana has an effect on the REM sleep cycle where disrupts the last stage of it and thus we don’t dream. Not dreaming at night sucks. It was no coincedence to me as to why I wasn’t remembering information.

I’ve quit now for about a month and Im dreaming like crazy and also remembering stuff way better than I did going to sleep at night stoned. I think marijuana plays a role in impairing our memory by disrupting the last stage of the REM sleep cycle. I feel that difference at least in my life.
I had awesome, deep, vivid dreams after smoking. Must all depend on the person.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:08 AM 09-07-2018

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:49 AM 09-07-2018
Originally Posted by bricks:

I listened to a Joe Rogan podcast who had this sleep scientist on there and he was absolutely adamant that pot prevents you from sleeping well or right.

Alcohol the same thing. It fucks with your brains ability to shut off and do the repair its supposed to be doing while you sleep.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:14 AM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I listened to a Joe Rogan podcast who had this sleep scientist on there and he was absolutely adamant that pot prevents you from sleeping well or right.

Alcohol the same thing. It ****s with your brains ability to shut off and do the repair its supposed to be doing while you sleep.
This makes sense.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:27 AM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
So...sometimes I sleep okay.

Sometimes not so much.
Have you tried melatonin? It’s the chemical that tells your body it’s time to sleep. It’s natural and cheap as hell.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:32 AM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Have you tried melatonin? It’s the chemical that tells your body it’s time to sleep. It’s natural and cheap as hell.
I'm going to pick some up today.
[Reply]
chiefstothehouse 09:39 AM 09-15-2018
It must be addictive if NFL players are willing to throw millions of dollars per year away on it. Every week, someone voluntarily releases a large salary because they have to smoke.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by chiefstothehouse:
It must be addictive if NFL players are willing to throw millions of dollars per year away on it. Every week, someone voluntarily releases a large salary because they have to smoke.
The NFL is stupid for not allowing players to smoke.
[Reply]
Katipan 09:49 AM 09-15-2018
I sold to Demarcus Ware before the Monday night game against the Texans in 2016.

See how long I took to say that online, Demarcus?!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:13 AM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
The NFL is stupid for not allowing players to smoke.
Why?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:24 AM 09-15-2018
The only difference I've ever noticed between partaking and not partaking is that my dreams get incredibly vivid when I don't partake. That's it. No cravings, no change in appetite, no difference at all except for the really vivid dreams.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:29 AM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by chiefstothehouse:
They don't throw away millions of dollars because they're addicted to weed, they throw away millions of dollars because they're addicted to having low IQs.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 11:55 AM 09-15-2018
When I was smoking pot regularly in college I felt immensely dumber and less-driven the more I smoked. The feeling of having foggy-brain the morning after smoking was horrible, especially when having to sit through an already-boring lecture.

Have nothing against pot, and I know it benefits a lot of people medicinally, but glad my personal recreational use of it is in the past.
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:01 PM 09-15-2018
Doing anything in excess is no bueno. 300 days a year is way no bueno.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up