ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 240
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:19 PM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
18-2 and he sucks...morons.
And yet, some people pine for Todd Haley.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:22 PM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And yet, some people pine for Todd Haley.
Or Herm Edwards.

The nerve of some people...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:30 PM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Or Herm Edwards.

The nerve of some people...
No one pines for Herm.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:32 PM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No one pines for Herm.
Open your heart and soul. Listen Dane. It's in there somewhere. Deep down you want him to fix the offense and not touch the defense...
[Reply]
penchief 06:14 AM 11-18-2016
I've been a diehard since Christmas day 1971. The only joy I've had as a chief fan prior to the Reid years were the Marty years. Yes, there was heartbreak but it was also fun watching those dominating defenses. That was something we could be proud of. I get the frustration of not having one of those high flying offenses that today's NFL is designed for. I also understand the frustration with some of Reid's play calling and time management. However, as a long-suffering fan, I am not going to piss and moan about some of the details when I am experiencing a chiefs renaissance like nothing I've ever experienced before. And I believe there are two people to thank for that, Coach Reid and John Dorsey.

Would John Dorsey be here if Andy wasn't? I don't know for sure but I think there is a pretty good chance the answer is no. There is a reason Reid was hired first. He is the lynch pin, IMO. One of his biggest assets is that he inspires loyalty amongst his coaches and players that I don't think I've ever seen at Arrowhead. That celebration scene in the locker room after the Panthers win was pure, genuine, joy. His players and coaches love him and it shows in their effort. The never-say-die attitude we are seeing every week is the manifestation of that loyalty, IMO.

Dorsey and those coaches being here are important because for the first time that I can remember we are drafting and developing talent as well as anyone in the league. Maybe better than anyone at this moment. Watching the young players display their talent in games is one of the most satisfying feelings I've had in recent years. It gives me hope that we might be watching something special in the making. Few teams have suffered more injuries to key players at key times and yet we are always competitive. 17-2 competitive over the last 19 games. That is impressive no matter how you slice it.

Complimentary football is not always exciting but it can be effective. Reid's success cannot be denied. In many ways, I see it as biding time until more weapons emerge. I think he is always playing the hand he has while staying true to his core belief that ball control and limiting mistakes wins football games. It's easy to get frustrated at some of his shortcomings but I try to keep things in perspective. He took over a team that was a train wreck in both personnel and culture. A team that was 2-14. They are now on the verge of a fourth straight winning season and third playoff appearance. They've won their first playoff game in forever. And Arrowhead has one of the best cultures in the NFL. My sense is that they are still ascending. A long-term foundation is being built, IMO. The future hasn't looked this good in a long time.

So while I also get frustrated with some of Reid's play calling and time management, I would never trade the outstanding job he has done in changing the culture, drafting and developing real talent, and understanding of complimentary football for a guy who might manage the clock better but couldn't come close to Reid in those areas.

I couldn't be happier that our coach is Andy Reid.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 06:28 AM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by penchief:
So while I also get frustrated with some of Reid's play calling and time management, I would never trade the outstanding job he has done in changing the culture, drafting and developing real talent, and understanding of complimentary football for a guy who might manage the clock better but couldn't come close to Reid in those areas.

I couldn't be happier that our coach is Andy Reid.
Really enjoyed your entire post.. well done. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:23 AM 11-18-2016
CP knows dick about football so of course some think Reid sucks.
[Reply]
In58men 07:35 AM 11-18-2016
CP knows dick about football so of course some think Reid sucks.
How come Eagles didn't want him anymore?
[Reply]
Royal Fanatic 08:07 AM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
I think it's safe to say the Eagles decided they made a mistake when they got rid of Andy Reid, and they regretted it. After the Chip Kelly experiment failed they hired Doug Pederson off of Reid's staff to be their head coach. That's the closest thing they could have done to actually rehiring Reid, which they couldn't do since he already has a job.

Now if your argument is that good head coaches don't ever get fired, it's a ridiculous argument that is easily debunked. Why did the Cleveland Browns fire Bill Belichick? Why did the Jets fire Pete Carroll? Why did the 49ers get rid of Jim Harbaugh? Why did the Raiders get rid of John Gruden?
[Reply]
In58men 08:09 AM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by Royal Fanatic:
I think it's safe to say the Eagles decided they made a mistake when they got rid of Andy Reid, and they regretted it. After the Chip Kelly experiment failed they hired Doug Pederson off of Reid's staff to be their head coach. That's the closest thing they could have done to actually rehiring Reid, which they couldn't do since he already has a job.

Now if your argument is that good head coaches don't ever get fired, it's a ridiculous argument that is easily debunked. Why did the Cleveland Browns fire Bill Belichick? Why did the Jets fire Pete Carroll? Why did the Raiders get rid of John Gruden?
Reid doesn't belong in the same sentence with Super Bowl winners.
[Reply]
Royal Fanatic 08:14 AM 11-18-2016
Reid doesn't belong in the same sentence with Super Bowl winners.
Reid is 18-2 in his last 20 regular season games, and last year he led the Chiefs to their first playoff victory in over 20 years. He completely changed the culture of a team that was one of the worst teams in the NFL, and yet some dumbasses around here think he should be fired.

Don't be a dumbass.
[Reply]
In58men 08:17 AM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by Royal Fanatic:
Reid is 18-2 in his last 20 regular season games, and last year he led the Chiefs to their first playoff victory in over 20 years. He turned around a team that was one of the worst teams in the NFL, and yet some dumbasses around here think he should be fired.

Don't be a dumbass.
A playoff game everybody knew we would win. It was an easy game for us, they had Brian fucking Hoyer. We should win against shitty teams like that.
[Reply]
In58men 08:19 AM 11-18-2016
This team is filled with talent, it took us a mediocre QB to start winning games. Imagine if we had a legit QB, we would be damn near unstoppable.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:21 AM 11-18-2016
Same reason if it happens your wife will leave you....things got stale
[Reply]
In58men 08:22 AM 11-18-2016
Same reason if it happens your wife will leave you....things got stale
If this is your attempt at being funny, you have some work to do. That was just dumb.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 240
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Up