ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:43 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
If you've ever been licked by a cat. You never want to close your eyes around one again
You can close your eyes around a cat. You just can't dip your junk in a can of tuna fish and then lay around the house nekkid with your eyes closed. That way lies madness . . .
[Reply]
scho63 02:45 PM 03-24-2023
The last single guy I know on CP who professed to be a cat lover and own cats got permanently banned for losing his shit fighting everyone, getting banned, created mults, got banned again and no longer is a poster.

Single dudes who own cats are weird. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 02:46 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
If you've ever been licked by a cat. You never want to close your eyes around one again
Really? I dont have that experience. Their saliva doesn't really make a smell on you. Its why they are able to bathe themselves. My only real complaint with dogs is they smell and pant and lick you like crazy. Their drool is nasty. A well trained dog shouldn't but Ive learned every owner thinks their dog is well trained yet it will attack you, constantly lick you, nip at your toes and shoelaces, jump up on you and just bother you repeatedly mainly because its just excited. I like dogs, just not untrained dogs which as a visitor Ive noticed is most.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:50 PM 03-24-2023
The reason you even like cats in the first place is because of a parasite in your brain
Your brain is home to millions of protozoa, but one in particular, called Toxoplasma gondii, manipulates your behavior to force you to like cats.

This parasite, which lives in 30 to 50 percent of the world's human brains, can only reproduce in the digestive tracts of cats. And, like many living things, it wants to continue surviving, so it has to continue reproducing. But if it lives in human brains, how can it reproduce? Enter cats.

Scientists studied the behavior of T. gondii in the brain of a rodent, an animal normally petrified by cats, and uncovered extraordinary results.

T. gondii manipulated a rodent's brain to remove the rodent's fear of cats, slow the rodent's reaction time, and made the rodent attracted to the smell of cat piss. Now, the newly-brave, manipulated rat thinks it can befriend its mortal enemy, and it can't. The rat still gets eaten.

As Vice put it:

"The fact that a parasite has learned to sneak into brains, hack some biochemical wiring, and effectively reverse a deep-seated, primordial fear that’s been beaten into the inherited psyche of every living rodent is, in a word, bonkers."
Yes. Yes it is. And T. gondii does the same to you. It deludes you into loving cats.

https://www.elitedaily.com/women/cat...ly-suck/709388

Too lazy to fact check but it supports my argument that cats suck.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:52 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Really? I dont have that experience. Their saliva doesn't really make a smell on you. Its why they are able to bathe themselves. My only real complaint with dogs is they smell and pant and lick you like crazy. Their drool is nasty. A well trained dog shouldn't but Ive learned every owner thinks their dog is well trained yet it will attack you, constantly lick you, nip at your toes and shoelaces, jump up on you and just bother you repeatedly mainly because its just excited. I like dogs, just not untrained dogs which as a visitor Ive noticed is most.
Domesticated dogs rarely attack people.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:56 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It isn't that they are untrained. It is that they know you are beta to them so they are fucking with you.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:56 PM 03-24-2023
FYI: dog saliva is cleaner than human's.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:59 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
FYI: dog saliva is cleaner than human's.
FYI: You are wrong.

Originally Posted by :
You’ve probably heard the expression “a dog’s mouth is cleaner than a human’s mouth” at least once in your life. Most of us have just accepted this as fact, when we think about it at all, but have you ever wondered if it is actually true?

Here’s a hint: the answer is no.
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/he...r-than-humans/
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:01 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
FYI: You are wrong.

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/he...r-than-humans/

"In fact, dogs have more than 600 different types of bacteria in their mouths, which is a similar number to the 615 and counting types of bacteria Harvard researchers have found in human mouths. "

so slightly cleaner. But 15 more is 15 more.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:02 PM 03-24-2023
"In fact, dogs have more than 600 different types of bacteria in their mouths, which is a similar number to the 615 and counting types of bacteria Harvard researchers have found in human mouths. "

so slightly cleaner. But 15 more is 15 more.
The number of types has nothing to do with the cleanliness.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:03 PM 03-24-2023
No

Could be click bait but fits here

https://www.boredpanda.com/men-pose-...mpaign=organic

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:10 PM 03-24-2023
...You just can't dip your junk in a can of tuna fish and then lay around the house nekkid with your eyes closed . . .
Why am I even here then? :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:15 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Why am I even here then? :-)
:-)
[Reply]
BEAVER 03:21 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
No

Could be click bait but fits here

https://www.boredpanda.com/men-pose-...mpaign=organic

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
It seems that single male cat ownership is often paired with a mullet. Did NOT see that coming.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:22 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Donger:
Okay. I had a mental image of a small shower building filled with little pellets of Zyklon-B and a tiny furnace.
Based off your DC posts, this is not surprising. :-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up