ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 352
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:14 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I gotta think defense and knowledge of the system kept him off the court to this point. If Self trusted him in that situation, then maybe he’s ready.
Self seems to think McCormack provides more than he really does. Maybe it’s his life long affinity for the high low game? I’m not questioning Selfs decision. He’s the best coach in college basketball. But even the best coach makes player mistakes. Thinks the player will get it done, can do more than they have previously.

McCormack is what he is at this point. Same for Lightfoot. Clemons? He’s got a huge upside possibility from where he is now. He was ranked in the low 30’s nation wide, right?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:08 PM 02-12-2022
Today marks 33 straight seasons with at least 20 wins
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:14 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Self seems to think McCormack provides more than he really does. Maybe it’s his life long affinity for the high low game? I’m not questioning Selfs decision. He’s the best coach in college basketball. But even the best coach makes player mistakes. Thinks the player will get it done, can do more than they have previously.

McCormack is what he is at this point. Same for Lightfoot. Clemons? He’s got a huge upside possibility from where he is now. He was ranked in the low 30’s nation wide, right?
You don’t have to convince me. Clemence brings an element that the others don’t. Being able to hit that trailing 3 like Markieff used to is huge. I’m hoping he gets more minutes from here.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:06 AM 02-13-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I think you're selling Dave short. He may not be spectacular on offense and his rebounding could be more consistent. Still, he's way better on defense than a guy like clemence. But that being said, I really liked what I saw from Zac yesterday. I hope to see more of him from here on out. He definitely brings another element to their offense. And he was grabbing those boards like a beast.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 08:45 AM 02-13-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I think you're selling Dave short. He may not be spectacular on offense and his rebounding could be more consistent. Still, he's way better on defense than a guy like clemence. But that being said, I really liked what I saw from Zac yesterday. I hope to see more of him from here on out. He definitely brings another element to their offense. And he was grabbing those boards like a beast.
I think Self would disagree with your assessment about Dave's Defense. Groves hit several of his threes due to McCormack playing off of him. In fact, Self yelled at him saying "WHY???" after one of them and then benched him. McCormack gets yanked repeatedly due to his poor D performance.
[Reply]
DJay23 09:22 AM 02-13-2022
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
I think Self would disagree with your assessment about Dave's Defense. Groves hit several of his threes due to McCormack playing off of him. In fact, Self yelled at him saying "WHY???" after one of them and then benched him. McCormack gets yanked repeatedly due to his poor D performance.
I think you're both right. Dave does alright versus a traditional post like he is. It's when he has to get out and defend on the perimeter when he looks like...well a traditional post.

This was the difference with Azubuike in his senior year and Dave or Doke when he was an underclassman. He could hedge really well and then recover and he could follow some of the modern post players out to the arc while still playing eraser D in the post.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:34 AM 02-13-2022
Yes, KU needs McCormack's defense against any team with a traditional big. He's a pretty essential part of the team still. Where you run into problems with him is when you have a team like OU that spreads the floor with five out or has a shooting big.
[Reply]
Ceej 03:50 PM 02-13-2022
I was surprised it took HCBS so long to try Clemence v. Groves. I'd assume it would have to deal with Clemence's extended absence from real game time.

I'm surprised he did it for so long. Clemence did a pretty decent job, and held his own when it came to rebounding in the paint.

I won't be surprised when Clemence gets 0 minutes next game.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:05 AM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by Ceej:
I was surprised it took HCBS so long to try Clemence v. Groves. I'd assume it would have to deal with Clemence's extended absence from real game time.

I'm surprised he did it for so long. Clemence did a pretty decent job, and held his own when it came to rebounding in the paint.

I won't be surprised when Clemence gets 0 minutes next game.
He's been one of my favorites. I've been talking about him all year and how he should be seeing the floor; he can't be any worse than McCormack. He finally does and held his own in a tough situation. That should be a indication that he'll get more minutes going forward, but I'm well aware that Self will probably put him on the bench again.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:39 AM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
Point taken. I was referring to Dave's inside presence. But yeah, he's not good at all on guarding three point shooting bigs.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:46 AM 02-14-2022
Self said Clemence only has practiced twice in the past six weeks since his injury. Said these young guys (Clemence & Adams) are great players but they can't run any plays when they're on the floor because they don't know the offense.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:57 AM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Point taken. I was referring to Dave's inside presence. But yeah, he's not good at all on guarding three point shooting bigs.
Which is weird. He can move. He can actually shoot (even though he never does from the outside...also weird). Plus he's a 3rd year player who should know how to play.

He just CAN. NOT. DO. IT. Groves shot was long and slow as hell, he should have been able to at least get up and make it uncomfortable for him. But he just stood there and watched them go in....

Boggles the mind.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:01 PM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Which is weird. He can move. He can actually shoot (even though he never does from the outside...also weird). Plus he's a 3rd year player who should know how to play.

He just CAN. NOT. DO. IT. Groves shot was long and slow as hell, he should have been able to at least get up and make it uncomfortable for him. But he just stood there and watched them go in....

Boggles the mind.
Didn’t Groves also “blow by” Dave on a drive once too?

I put that in quotes, because the drive took about the entire shot clock but still technically counts.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:15 PM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Didn’t Groves also “blow by” Dave on a drive once too?

I put that in quotes, because the drive took about the entire shot clock but still technically counts.
It's possible I missed it.

But similar to the closeouts. He is physically capable. I just don't get it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:13 PM 02-14-2022
Jalen Wilson wins Big 12 Player of the Week. Well deserved.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 352
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 > Last »
Up