ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 240
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:42 PM 01-18-2017
Edit - Nevermind. Found it.

http://sportsspotlight.com/blog/cate...sts/nickathan/
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 02:49 PM 01-18-2017
Andy Reid problems are still mostly OC related but since he refuses to be an HC-only it all has to be taken into account.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 02:55 PM 01-18-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Good post. I disagree with his release of Alex for blame Sunday because it fails to offer the rest of the story of how bad he is.
Here we go again, people acting like Alex Smith is the worse QB in the league.

QBs don't see open receivers EVERY FUCKING game, even the great ones.
QBs mess up throws EVERY FUCKING game, even the great ones.

Reid's playcalling is average at best and doesn't help Smith.

Alex Smith is a slightly-above-average starting NFL QB ... period. No more, no less. No matter how many little bitches try to make him anything else.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:57 PM 01-18-2017
Wish I could be slightly better than average at my job and get paid $17 mil a year
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:59 PM 01-18-2017
I'll never get that time back... Him being that OK with the loss is why I'm more concerned than I was before. He's simply out of touch. Way too calm!

No press conference ever won a game.

Andy Reid has taken the Chiefs to the playoffs 3 years out of 4, when they made the playoffs 3 years out of like 15 before him. I understand the IMMENSE frustrating at failing to move on, etc., but to call him a shit coach is a laugh when you guys have seen guys like Herm Edwards in action.
[Reply]
splatbass 02:59 PM 01-18-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Nick Athan:

As we’ve seen over the last week, there is a cosmic shift in coaching circles in the NFL. The days of elder statesmen on the sidelines are about to become extinct. In Kansas City, Head Coach Andy Reid, once again has proven with his latest playoff loss, he’s not the right fit for the Chiefs long term.

I’ll go on record right now. The Chiefs need to part ways with Andy Reid. His playoff loss Sunday Night, was neither surprising or unpredictable, at the hands of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They can flat out coach on that sideline, which is vastly different than what the Chiefs currently possess on their sidelines.

For Reid, who had two weeks to prepare to get his team ready to play, and trust his defensive coordinator, Bob Sutton would bail out his inadequacies as a play-caller and manager of this football team, once again caved under the inability to rise above his ego and arrogance that will never accept his faults as an offensive coordinator and head coach.

Kansas City lost a tough playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, 18-16. Yes, we can debate the holding call on Eric Fisher, that negated tying the game with just over two minutes to go, or Sutton’s reasoning for using Justin Houston in pass coverage eight times – two of them, covering Antonio Brown, which was both epic and idiotic within the game, that should cost, Bob Sutton any future employment in Kansas City.

Reid, has taken this Chiefs franchise as far as one man can from the 2-14 team nightmare he inherited four years ago, to this moment in time. With one year left on his contract, Chairman Clark Hunt, must consider following the latest NFL trend to hire young a head coach. Further, with General Manager, John Dorsey a free agent after the Super Bowl, perhaps more shake-up is needed.

It’s especially vital for the Chiefs make some coaching changes, because as we saw in plain sight Sunday night, Reid’s offensive stars, Jeremy Maclin, Travis Kelce, Eric Fisher, Tyreek Hill and Spencer Ware, were not ready to seize the moment that should have sent this team into the AFC title game. Under Reid and his so-called offensive genius, none of them had that prime-time mentality a head coach demands from himself first, and his players second.

Peter Diana / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Peter Diana / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Now, had the Chiefs beaten the Steelers Sunday night, I’d be on record stating, there was zero chance Kansas City would win that game next Sunday night against the Patriots, but that doesn’t mean they should have lost to the Steelers at Arrowhead.

For me, the 2016 season ended up being a wasted year for the entire Chiefs nation. Making the playoffs is great, and Reid deserves kudos for guiding Kansas City to the post season three of four years, yet that’s as far as he can take this franchise.

Reid, has tried to cover up his ego filled errors all season long, and did a good job by going 12-4 and winning the AFC West. Yet before the season began, he named two offensive coordinators, neither of which has any say in KC’s offense, and placed significant reliance in Defensive Coordinator, Bob Sutton, to keep scores low, while Reid botched the direction of his stumbling offense. Adding to the fuel, name one game the Chiefs offense played four quarters of solid football in a single game this season.

Sadly, I could rant until I’m blue in the face on the Reid conundrum, but I can’t see this organization having the guts to take a que from John Elway’s off-season approach. Rumor in Denver, Elway was so upset at missing the post season, he blew his entire coaching staff up, including nudging, Gary Kubiak, out the door for a younger model. These guys were teammates and Super Bowl champions together, but after one bad season, it was broom time in Denver.

Though I’m not high on Elway’s choice for Head Coach, Vance Joseph, the Broncos are already a better football team in 2017 than the Chiefs. I based that largely on the staff Denver has put together on offense by adding, Mike McCoy and Bill Musgrave, to run their fledgling offense.

Next season the Chiefs face a brutal road schedule including games at New England, NY Giants, NY Jets, Dallas Cowboys and the AFC West. Going 4-4 would be a magnificent achievement.

However, Reid’s inability to continue that Arrowhead magic that was a staple under Marty Schottenheimer and Dick Vermeil, by losing three games at home this season, just adds one more notch on his inability to seize the opportunities he’s been presented in Kansas City.

The Chiefs are a damn good football team, but Reid does not understand, that winning every snap of every game, builds a championship mentality. You run every play to succeed and you hold your staff accountable to do the same. There is zero accountability by the head coach on himself, so it’s insane to believe he can do the same with his staff.

Reid, lives in the Buddy world of NFL coaches and it cost him in the eyes of the Chiefs nation after Sunday’s playoff loss at Arrowhead The fans, the local media, and players in that locker room, see it as well. Further, even though coaches have faltered in practice and on the sidelines in four seasons under Reid, he’s not fired a single assistant coach.

As for Sutton, the man had his moments the last four seasons in Kansas City, but this team needs a younger defensive voice. Add that with the fact in 2017, the Chiefs could be without Eric Berry, Dontari Poe, Derrick Johnson and Tamba Hali.

On offense, don’t blame Chiefs Quarterback, Alex Smith for this latest post season failure by the Chiefs.. Had Travis Kelce not dropped a long pass that would have set the Chiefs up first and goal in the third quarter, perhaps it’s a win. Had Jeremy Maclin not run the post route instead of a fly pattern on the last drive, KC would have had five extra minutes of game time.

Had Eric Fisher simply spread his feet, used proper technique on his flagged holding call, that for all practical matters ended the Chiefs season, perhaps this column reads differently.

The bottom line is the Chiefs are a good football team, but under Reid, they will never be a championship team that can compete for Super Bowls. There is no longer any dispute Reid’s coaching style is prohibitive to winning in the post season.

Worse yet, most Chiefs fans are done with Reid as their head coach. To support him in the future, will be a tough sell for a fan base and it will reflect in ticket sales this off-season. The Chiefs fan base, despite Reid’s many coaching flaws, to make the changes in his game – that plagued him in Philadelphia. Instead, poor play calling, not using his players abilities within their skill set, and game clock management, continue to plague Reid.

For the future, Kansas City will be lucky to be 8-8 next year. Reid will certainly be back, so will Sutton and his powerless co-offensive coordinators, but this football team will enter 2017, behind the Oakland Raiders and Denver Broncos in the division pecking order.

The Kansas City Chiefs have not been to the Super Bowl since 1970 so you’d think someone smarter and richer than me, can’t see the obvious, Reid can win football games in the Fall and Winter, but not in January or February – when it’s fan base demand he does just that.

And that’s the only reason you grind out training camp, pre-season games and the regular season, to prepare yourself for a Super Bowl run. Reid talks about it but is clueless to see what it will take to get it done, because he can’t look within to see he’s the reason this franchise continues to lay an egg in the playoffs.

For this franchise to take on a new mantra, the Chiefs need a Championship coaching staff, one that could be centered with a young fiery leader unwilling to settle for anything less than the primary objective – win the DAMN Super Bowl. Because as we painfully watched Sunday Night, we know the old guard (Reid) simply does not work in Kansas City any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nick fucking Athan? That guy knows less about football than 99% of the people here.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:04 PM 01-18-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Here we go again, people acting like Alex Smith is the worse QB in the league.

QBs don't see open receivers EVERY FUCKING game, even the great ones.
QBs mess up throws EVERY FUCKING game, even the great ones.

Reid's playcalling is average at best and doesn't help Smith.

Alex Smith is a slightly-above-average starting NFL QB ... period. No more, no less. No matter how many little bitches try to make him anything else.
I'm on record as saying Alex is an average QB, so I don't think he's the worst.

As for missing wide open receivers, he does it with the efficiency of a fine Swiss watch.

As for Andy, his play calling is total ass.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 03:04 PM 01-18-2017
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Wish I could be slightly better than average at my job and get paid $17 mil a year
Actually, Smith only made 14 million this year, 17 million is his cap number not salary

Look around the NFL and you will see that 17 million is pretty much the going rate for a slightly above average starting QB.

Dalton, Kaep and RGIII are the only starters that make less than Alex Smith.
(not counting the starters on their rookie deals)
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 03:10 PM 01-18-2017
I'm on record as saying Alex is an average QB, so I don't think he's the worst.

As for missing wide open receivers, he does it with the efficiency of a fine Swiss watch.

As for Andy, his play calling is total ass.
fair enough, it just seems like your response had a tone that indicated Smith was less than that.

If people want to get mad, get mad at Andy Reid for wanting a QB like Alex Smith. Reid either doesn't think that Alex is above-average or he's ok with having a QB like that.

The Chiefs haven't been looking for a replacement, they've just been randomly 'taking shots' at picking up a QB. Evidently, Reid doesn't think QB is a problem.

Reid is the problem, not Smith ... he should have never been considered the long term solution anyway.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:17 PM 01-18-2017
Actually, Smith only made 14 million this year, 17 million is his cap number not salary

Look around the NFL and you will see that 17 million is pretty much the going rate for a slightly above average starting QB.

Dalton, Kaep and RGIII are the only starters that make less than Alex Smith.
(not counting the starters on their rookie deals)
fair enough, it just seems like your response had a tone that indicated Smith was less than that.

If people want to get mad, get mad at Andy Reid for wanting a QB like Alex Smith. Reid either doesn't think that Alex is above-average or he's ok with having a QB like that.

The Chiefs haven't been looking for a replacement, they've just been randomly 'taking shots' at picking up a QB. Evidently, Reid doesn't think QB is a problem.

Reid is the problem, not Smith ... he should have never been considered the long term solution anyway.
Alex was 100% the right move in 2013. We needed to build the roster up to be able to support the next QB.
Passing on Carr was awful, but that's done. At least we know they wanted Carr.

It's not a matter of if, but when. I have full confidence in John Dorsey drafting a QB. It's Andy Reid's pride as well as his love for Alex that worries me.

This offseason will tell us a lot about Alex. There were rumors that the Chiefs wanted to see what Alex would do in the second half of the year. We'll find out in a few months how they really feel.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:19 PM 01-18-2017
What's really surprising is the fact that a rehashed coach has the same results and people are perplexed at those results.

How can anyone be this stupid?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:21 PM 01-18-2017
Just because this fat fuck dons red and gold doesn't mean he is cured from his rehashed stupidity...

Reid failed because Reid and chiefs colors won't fix that regardless how many homers say it will...
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 03:37 PM 01-18-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Alex was 100% the right move in 2013. We needed to build the roster up to be able to support the next QB.
Passing on Carr was awful, but that's done. At least we know they wanted Carr.

It's not a matter of if, but when. I have full confidence in John Dorsey drafting a QB. It's Andy Reid's pride as well as his love for Alex that worries me.

This offseason will tell us a lot about Alex. There were rumors that the Chiefs wanted to see what Alex would do in the second half of the year. We'll find out in a few months how they really feel.
I think we would already have a replacement for Alex Smith if it was up to Dorsey.

Andy Reid wanted to trade for Smith and he is the one who wants to keep him.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:43 PM 01-18-2017
Originally Posted by splatbass:
Nick ****ing Athan? That guy knows less about football than 99% of the people here.
Bingo, and him saying that he knows what "most" Chiefs fans want is just silly. He knows what the loudest ones want but I for one don't give a shit what the loudest ones want. It's like listening to an emotional 14 year old girls and thinking you understand most women.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 03:48 PM 01-18-2017
KaDos to Reid
[Reply]
Page 67 of 240
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Up