Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Simms breaks down Mahomes' bad play
ModSocks 11:08 AM 10-28-2021
Cliff Notes:

Mahomes is sensing phantom pressure
Mahomes is not stepping into the pocket
The Oline is acutally playing well, Mahomes is prematurely rolling out
Mahomes is hanging Orlando Brown out to try and creating angles impossible for him to block
Mahomes is predetermining his reads. Possibly overthinking things too much

My takeway: If last week's performance was all about Mahomes then the Chiefs are about to go on a winning streak, because Mahomes will get his mind right. Ya'll ready for some W's?

Video starts around 6:20ish mark

[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:09 AM 10-28-2021
So tired of the media already. We know....the team has played bad. News at 11.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:10 AM 10-28-2021
My takeaway?

Well, it'd be cool if we didn't have to go get a new LT this offseason.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:11 AM 10-28-2021

#Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes knows and identified the issues by name during this Thursday press conference ahead of MNF — pocket presence, footwork, staying on time.

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) October 28, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:12 AM 10-28-2021
Our boy is about to explode. He don't make mistakes twice.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:15 AM 10-28-2021
Can’t disagree with any of those main takeaways. It’s been pretty obvious and showed up at times last season, but really has gotten more common this season. I think it’s largely why we are not seeing him making as many confident throws to guys on the run and is seemingly relying more on guys facing him, and when guys are on the move he’s been a bit off to them.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:17 AM 10-28-2021
I’ll also say my belief that a lot of this is with Mahomes and is fixable right away is why I still think we make the playoffs and why I made another bet to win the Super Bowl after this loss.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:18 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’ll also say my belief that a lot of this is with Mahomes and is fixable right away is why I still think we make the playoffs and why I made another bet to win the Super Bowl after this loss.
Mahomes doesn't play defense.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:21 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
2018 called and wants to collect your take for use inside your virgin sphincter
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:35 AM 10-28-2021
If the defense shows absolute zero improvement the rest of the way, Spags has to go. We are right on the verge of "wanted to give it some time to get this particular scheme working before giving up" not being a valid excuse.

Spags needs to get the most athletic, and most capable players on the field, regardless of whether they are "his guys" or not.

Not sure why it took so long, or fans offering to buy out Sorensens contract to get him off the field, but further weeks on end of total ineptitude cannot be allowed to go unpunished.

Mahomes is going to be fine. At least the guy is trying, which cannot be said for every member of that fucking football team right now.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:36 AM 10-28-2021
All the money is on offense. This is an offensive driven team. The offense needs to score to give our defense an advantage.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:44 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
All the money is on offense. This is an offensive driven team. The offense needs to score to give our defense an advantage.
What? This is a top 3 highest paid defense.

The shitty thing is that we don’t even expect it to be great. Be fucking average.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:45 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Time to put these corrections into action, Mahomes has been saying this now going back to the offseason/training camp.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 11:47 AM 10-28-2021
He also didn't play much offense in the last game. His play has been poor as well and it is not above scrutiny. I think PM2 would be the first person to agree and admit the same.

PM2's and by extension the offense's woes merely illustrate the point that this is not a functional team. If we were more well-rounded, we could win a game with defense. It is obvious we absolutely cannot do that. Yes, that means more pressure on the offense. It has been that way for a while now. The difference is PM2 was magical. His game is off right now, so there is no magic to save our ass. The defense is putrid so it cannot make up for the lack of PM2 magic. Getting the offense back on track = this team's only chance of success.

Off season we need to focus on fixing a lot of shit.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:47 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Frank Clark has the highest salary cap # of any non-QB player in the entire NFL this year and the highest salary cap # on the Chiefs (even higher than Mahomes).

Also 4 of the top 5 salary cap #'s for the Chiefs this year are on defense... Frank Clark, Tyrann Mathieu, Anthony Hitchens, and Chris Jones.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up