ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Health Insurance
TLO 09:57 AM 10-28-2021
My company is changing up providers for the health insurance they offer this upcoming year, and the options are pretty lackluster.

I know diddly dick about trying to find private health insurance, but surely someone on here has some knowledge to share.

Where do I look? What would constitute "good coverage" in your opinion?

Any suggestions welcome.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:02 AM 10-28-2021
Don't bother. The private options will either be shit or too expensive to seriously consider.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:03 AM 10-28-2021
Always hate when an employer changes providers

They usually try to tell the employees its for their benefit but it's always for the benefit of the company
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:04 AM 10-28-2021
These guys are helpful and a better option than the gub'ment run exchanges (gub'ment = fucktards) IMO
They rank/rate based upon options customers really care about, then link you directly to the providers

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/health-insurance/
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:05 AM 10-28-2021
Bend over and provide thy anus
[Reply]
TLO 10:05 AM 10-28-2021
Oh wow!!! Look at this really good plan... For $686 a month!!!! WTF is this shit?????
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:11 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Oh wow!!! Look at this really good plan... For $686 a month!!!! WTF is this shit?????
Health insurance is just like football. You have to pay for the fatties because that's the market.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:11 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Somebody has to pay for all the free shit
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 10:14 AM 10-28-2021
company provided plans are usually better bargains than private. You can compare coverage and cost including out of pocket and deductibles against your company provided coverage
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:19 AM 10-28-2021
If they’re supplementing it at all it’s likely better than you can get elsewhere. There is some non-insurance group cost sharing stuff that sounds a little too good to be true ish, but no way I’m doing that.

If it’s bad enough start looking for a better job.
[Reply]
TLO 10:30 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If they’re supplementing it at all it’s likely better than you can get elsewhere. There is some non-insurance group cost sharing stuff that sounds a little too good to be true ish, but no way I’m doing that.

If it’s bad enough start looking for a better job.
Ehhh. I just got a pretty massive promotion. I'll stick it out with shit health insurance if needed. :-)
[Reply]
bdj23 10:35 AM 10-28-2021
It's all a racket
[Reply]
RunKC 10:37 AM 10-28-2021
Don’t get Aetna. They are the worst
[Reply]
kepp 10:38 AM 10-28-2021
As others have said, you're very unlikely to find a better deal than your company-provided insurance.

Are you in good health? You might want to consider (if they offer it) a high deductible HSA plan. A lot of companies contribute to their employees' HSAs annually and your contributions can be pre-tax. If you can swing it, an HSA provides multiple tax benefits. And it typically comes with lower premiums.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:57 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Don't bother. The private options will either be shit or too expensive to seriously consider.
This, and only this.

Unless your company has zero employer cost share (very doubtful), you simply are not going to find a better product/price on your own. For what it’s worth, you can see how much your employer pays vs. what you pay on your W-2.

Source: while I currently work in forecasting/reserving, I used to work in health insurance pricing.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up