ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I hate Chris Jones
bricks 09:29 PM 10-26-2021
Honestly the Chiefs should either trade or cut this guy. If they could get some sort of compensation for him great. If not, hopefully they could release him, buy him out or something free up some cap money.

I don’t know how it all works with money and cap management. I’m definitely not knowledgeable or savvy in that regard but all I know is this dude needs to go.

Chiefs please get rid of him!

I don’t care if he is a good interior passrusher. He sucks at everything else. Can’t stop the run, and he is physically, mentally soft. I can’t tolerate his presence on the field at times. He is lazy and dogs it on lots of plays. There was one play against Derrick Henry last Sunday where he had a shot to tackle him when Henry chose to run between the guard and tackle and Jones didn’t even choose to FIGHT off the block and just like passively reached out and touched Henry and let him run by him.
That’s just totally unacceptable!

Now that was one play and that shouldn’t define the guy but it does speak high volumes of who he is IMO. Playing defense is about attitude and toughness most of the time and Jones doesn’t fit that bill. If he goes, I won’t miss him one bit.

He is not a good building block to rebuilding a good defense. He needs to go ASAP.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:12 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yes man. Yes.

How about we put him back at DT, where he belongs before we put this horse down, eh?

Dude has been nothing but a stud for us his entire career. Starts the season on fire, Has one shit game against the Ravens and some middling games before going w/o an injury while playing out of position.

This place turns on players soooo goddamn fast. Not even half a season and all of a sudden he sucks.
It's not even that, but yes, of course put him back at DT next season. No choice really, untradeable contract, uncuttable for that cap hit.

He had what, 13.5 sacks, got a huge deal, and has been around half the production ever since. He disappears for long stretches of multiple games; always has. In those stretches, you can find multiple examples of him 1)being completely un-schematically sound or 2) just flat loafing.

It's not new. It's who he is. He's always been a very talented, but only sporadically motivated player.

He has not lived up to his potential ever since he signed that deal.

Even as a DT, we're paying like the 13.5 sack guy he appeared to be, not the 8 sack guy he's been since.

And even that would be okay, if not ideal-but he's so maddenly inconsistent that it's not nuts to be tired of his act.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 02:14 PM 10-27-2021
Jones is an excellent DT.

The problem is all of the poor moves made at DE that resulted in the team having to move him outside.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:15 PM 10-27-2021
His playing at DE has nothing to do with him. That's a FO decision. He got hurt in what, the Chargers game? The Ravens game?

And Henry had 29 goddamn carries. No, they didn't "switch to passing".

Our DB's have no ball skills and are losing every time it's thrown because they can't get their head's around. It's like 2017/18 all over again.
They passed with ease in the first half. Primarily because there was no pass rush. The secondary sucks but nobody in their secondary makes $20 million per year. The pass rush made the secondary look good during the Super Bowl run. But that was two years ago.

The Titans were more willing to run in the 2nd half when the game was already over.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:26 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's not even that, but yes, of course put him back at DT next season. No choice really, untradeable contract, uncuttable for that cap hit.

He had what, 13.5 sacks, got a huge deal, and has been around half the production ever since. He disappears for long stretches of multiple games; always has. In those stretches, you can find multiple examples of him 1)being completely un-schematically sound or 2) just flat loafing.

I don't think you're remembering this correctly. Or simply choosing to convince yourself that your argument is a good one. It isn't. I feel like if the Chiefs had a winning record you wouldn't be saying this shit.

1. Chris Jones didn't sign an extension coming off a 13.5 sack season. He signed his contract coming off a 9 sack season. He has never even had a 13.5 sack season. He had one season ('18 when he had Ford and Houston to free him from constant doubles) @ 15.5 sacks. Again, the Chiefs paid for a DT that came off a 9 sack season. No one is/was going, "Oh he came off a career contract year and then quit playing". No. His best season came two season's before getting paid. Then he followed his paid year with yet another strong season.

2. Since CJ was drafted, only ONE DT has had more sack production than CJ. Im sure you know who that is.

We are discussing a DT that has more sacks than all but 1 guy during his tenure, and ya'll are acting like the guy doesn't/didn't produce for us.

It seems to me that some of you think he's suppose to have DE numbers or some shit.

Sure, he's not the #1 DT in the league. He's the #2. Woe is us. Cut his ass.

I mean the #1 DT in the league has a whopping 3.5 sacks this season. 1.5 more than CJ, despite playing more games.

Expectations for stats here are just way the fuck off.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:34 PM 10-27-2021
Here's a list of DT's that had more sacks than Chris Jones @ DT last season. Ya'll ready?

Aaron Donald.
Deforrest Buckner.

That's it.

So yeah, tell me more about how ineffective CJ has been for us
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:35 PM 10-27-2021
How many in the playoffs?
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:39 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
How many in the playoffs?
Who cares? Jesus.

As i've illustrated, and maybe if you could go back to yourhappy place in '19, Defensive tackles don't always show up in a stat sheet.

I'll ask you again, how many sacks did Aaron Donald have in his '18 SB run?

I'll save you time. The answer is ZERO. 0. Zilch. Natha. Not one.

Matter of fact, how many game changing plays did Donald make in the SB to help them WIN. The answer is ZERO.

Is anyone crying about Donald right now? Fuck no.

My point? Sacks aren't some end-all-be all stat for DT. And even if they were, we're discussing a DT that has more sacks than all but one freaking guy.

C'mon man...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:41 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Jones was responsible for the rushed int that Jimmy g threw and multiple passes batted down in key plays during the 4th quarter during the sb
He did.

1 pressure that led to an INT and 3 batted balls in that Super Bowl (I'm not going to double check but I believe 2 of those passes defensed were in the 4th quarter as well). He was a monster that game.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:23 PM 10-27-2021
That's great Chris Jones helped Chiefs we a SB. We as fans are grateful for that. However, he was signed to continue to perform at a high level. He has not done that so far.

I'm hopeful he will turn it around. Mahomes isn't having a good year either. But anyone saying 'Well he helped Chiefs win SB so it is OK if he doesn't play well.' Come on, of course fans are going to get pissed if he doesn't. He's supposed to be anchor of our dline and he isn't.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:29 PM 10-27-2021
He was have the best camp of anybody and first game had two sacks. Not sure what's going on ever since.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:17 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
He was have the best camp of anybody and first game had two sacks. Not sure what's going on ever since.
Injury and he's been exposed playing out of position. That's it.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:25 PM 10-27-2021
Injury and he's been exposed playing out of position. That's it.
Sounds fixable. He still leads the team with pressures, 17. Not really saying much with how bad the DL has been but obviously we have to have him. I know they calling about Melvin Ingram. Kinda sad he turned us down in the off season and now we're trying to trade for him. We're that desperate.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:40 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
NINE playoff games

ZERO sacks

ZERO tfl

Other than a batted pass on Jimmy G, he has a very bad habit of coming up small in big situations
Jones had 3 batted or tipped balls on the last 2 drives that mattered when we absolutely had to have stops both times. W/o those we probably don't win the SB.

And the huge pressure that led to the interception. Stop looking at only the stat line like some crappy national pundit who barely even watches the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 05:05 PM 10-27-2021
Imma just go ahead and let you guess how many sacks Aaron Donald had during the Rams' '18 playoff/SB run.

The greatest DT in the game right now, whom is the only DT in the league you could argue is better than Chris Jones.

Go ahead. Guess. Or look it up. IDGAF.

Then come to me and tell me how ineffective he was and how the Rams shoulda just traded his ass.

I mean, they didn't pay Donald all that money just so he could, idk, have ZERO ****ing sacks throughout the entirety of the post season, did they?
Are you going to preach to me how intelligently the Rams spend their money?

Really?

I don't recall the Rams winning the Superbore against the Patriots. Perhaps if AD could have sacked the oldest, slowest qb in the league a couple times, maybe their fortunes change.

I don't know how much they paid Aaron Donald. I don't give a shit either. The objective is to win playoff games and superbowls. If you aren't performing at that level, like you did in reg season, then what's the point?

But yeah, tell me how smart they are sinking all that money on that guy who delivered nothing but "hidden stats" on a sb losing playoff run.

Next youll tell me why the Todd Gurley contract was smart money spent as well.

**** outta here.

Jones has been invisible in the playoffs outside of one game where he batted some balls.

We overcame a 24-0 deficit in the divisional without him even dressed.

Nobody is out of line for expecting the guy to show up and show out in the biggest games.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:38 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Jones had 3 batted or tipped balls on the last 2 drives that mattered when we absolutely had to have stops both times. W/o those we probably don't win the SB.

And the huge pressure that led to the interception. Stop looking at only the stat line like some crappy national pundit who barely even watches the Chiefs.
Sacksquatch will always have a place in my heart for his heroics up until this season... and no, one bad year doesn't negate all of the good times

But the inexplicable dropoff this year is infuriating, and its perfectly encapsulated by the clip of both him and Reed making a business decision on Henry... when they should've been trying to crush him between 600+ pounds of anger

He is capable of being sooo much more than what we're seeing, and his contract demands it of him

He still CAN be a great cornerstone for the rebuild, but he needs to start proving it with better effort
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up