ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I hate Chris Jones
bricks 09:29 PM 10-26-2021
Honestly the Chiefs should either trade or cut this guy. If they could get some sort of compensation for him great. If not, hopefully they could release him, buy him out or something free up some cap money.

I don’t know how it all works with money and cap management. I’m definitely not knowledgeable or savvy in that regard but all I know is this dude needs to go.

Chiefs please get rid of him!

I don’t care if he is a good interior passrusher. He sucks at everything else. Can’t stop the run, and he is physically, mentally soft. I can’t tolerate his presence on the field at times. He is lazy and dogs it on lots of plays. There was one play against Derrick Henry last Sunday where he had a shot to tackle him when Henry chose to run between the guard and tackle and Jones didn’t even choose to FIGHT off the block and just like passively reached out and touched Henry and let him run by him.
That’s just totally unacceptable!

Now that was one play and that shouldn’t define the guy but it does speak high volumes of who he is IMO. Playing defense is about attitude and toughness most of the time and Jones doesn’t fit that bill. If he goes, I won’t miss him one bit.

He is not a good building block to rebuilding a good defense. He needs to go ASAP.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:02 AM 10-27-2021
I asked earlier in the season whether you'd trade him for Maxx Crosby straight up?

Based on Jones' play last week against the second coming of Willie Roaf (I forgot the name of the Titans 3rd string tackle) I'd move Jones to the inside. If he sucks inside and outside, then we can complain more. There's no reason to think he can't play any position on the DL anymore.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:42 PM 10-27-2021
I hate that Chris Jones hasn't played up to his billing thus far this year but I will always love him for his contributions to bringing us the SB LIV Lombardi trophy. Same with Frank Clark & Dirty Dan. I just can't hate on them. If it's time for them to be replaced fine but I will always appreciate what they have done.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:46 PM 10-27-2021
Leave Chris "Floppy D" Jones alone! He's injured and playing out of position. AND he seems nice.

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:53 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I hate that Chris Jones hasn't played up to his billing thus far this year but I will always love him for his contributions to bringing us the SB LIV Lombardi trophy. Same with Frank Clark & Dirty Dan. I just can't hate on them. If it's time for them to be replaced fine but I will always appreciate what they have done.
I don't think anyone is bagging on them to the point where we don't appreciate the title win.

The problem is that RIGHT NOW, those are NOT the same men that helped us win that title.

CJ's biggest accomplishment was hurrying Jimmy G into heaving the unfathomable stupid eyes closed prayer that was picked by Breeland, and those batted balls late in the game on the way to winning the title.

However I think I would be remiss if I didnt expect a dude that refers to himself as "Sack Nation", to oh I don't know...get some ****ing sacks in a playoff game.

I don't believe for a moment that we gave the guy 60 million guaranteed to get hurries and swat at passes.

Frank Clark is a shell of what we traded for. That 8 game stretch he had on the way to the title was his Swansong, because he's been nowhere close to that since.

You can both appreciate their title win effort while understanding that we are currently being robbed by these men.

NFL requires constant consistent, up to the minute production.

If you want to rest on your superbowl win, then retire.

Otherwise, there's work to do.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:58 PM 10-27-2021
Chris Jones hasn't got me many free Big Macs this year...
[Reply]
bricks 01:15 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
:-)

This is how I feel as well

You gave a clear perspective that I can agree with.

I hate Jones now but his contributions to helping the Chiefs win the superbowl are much appreciated.

Giving him a big contract was a mistake.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:20 PM 10-27-2021
The Chris Jones hate is laaaaame.

Dude was beasting in camp making all of ya'll go "oooooh aaaahhhh". People couldn't shut the fuck up about how dominate he was. He beasted in preseason. He came out in week 1 and beasted, then got injured.

Now all of a sudden he sucks and needs to be traded?

Now he's half-assing it because he didn't one-arm tackle Derrick Henry with his fucked up wrist? You seriously expect Chris Jones to tackle Derrick fucking Henry with one injured arm? Holy-mother of shit.

GMAFB.

Step off the ledge my dudes, my god.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:25 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
He got paid. Houston did the same thing. It's human nature.

I hate that football contracts pay you for what you MIGHT do in the future.
Chris Jones got paid and then subsequently had a damn good season and was a key member on our way to our second SB appearance.

THEN, the following season (this season) came into camp in great shape and was inarguably our best TC standout, followed by standout preseason performances and a 2-sack game to open the season WHILE playing out of position before getting hurt.

Dude tried playing through his wrist injury and was ineffective. He took two games off to heal and was blasted for not playing through injury. That's fucked up.

This whole, "He paid and now he doesn't care" narrative is biggest load of horseshit to come out of this forum this year.

Holy fuck do ya'll have some short memories or what? Talk about "what have you done for me lately" syndrome.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:26 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Dude was beasting in camp making all of ya'll go "oooooh aaaahhhh". People couldn't shut the **** up about how dominate he was. He beasted in preseason. He came out in week 1 and beasted, then got injured.

Now he's half-assing it because he didn't one-arm tackle Derrick Henry with his ****ed up wrist? You seriously expect Chris Jones to tackle Derrick ****ing Henry with one injured arm? Holy-mother of shit.

GMAFB.

The training camp hype is probably a big part of what makes this that much worse. Podcasts were saying to take the amazing odds of Chris Jones for DPOY.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:27 PM 10-27-2021

Dude was beasting in camp making all of ya'll go "oooooh aaaahhhh". People couldn't shut the fuck up about how dominate he was. He beasted in preseason. He came out in week 1 and beasted, then got injured.

Now he's half-assing it because he didn't one-arm tackle Derrick Henry with his fucked up wrist? You seriously expect Chris Jones to tackle Derrick fucking Henry with one injured arm? Holy-mother of shit.

GMAFB.

Chris Jones got paid and then subsequently had a damn good season and was a key member on our way to our second SB appearance.

THEN, the following season (this season) came into camp in great shape and was inarguably our best TC standout, followed by standout preseason performances and a 2-sack game to open the season WHILE playing out of position before getting hurt.

Dude tried playing through his wrist injury and was ineffective. He took two games off to heal and was blasted for not playing through injury. That's fucked up.

This whole, "He paid and now he doesn't care" narrative is biggest load of horseshit to come out of this forum this year.

Holy fuck do ya'll have some short memories or what? Talk about "what have you done for me lately" syndrome.
I agree but you've gotta consider Battered Chief Fan Syndrome here.

The last few megacontracts we've given to star defenders have been total abortions. Houston, Berry, and Clark have hampered us badly.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:28 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
I don't think anyone is bagging on them to the point where we don't appreciate the title win.

The problem is that RIGHT NOW, those are NOT the same men that helped us win that title.

CJ's biggest accomplishment was hurrying Jimmy G into heaving the unfathomable stupid eyes closed prayer that was picked by Breeland, and those batted balls late in the game on the way to winning the title.

However I think I would be remiss if I didnt expect a dude that refers to himself as "Sack Nation", to oh I don't know...get some ****ing sacks in a playoff game.

I don't believe for a moment that we gave the guy 60 million guaranteed to get hurries and swat at passes.

Frank Clark is a shell of what we traded for. That 8 game stretch he had on the way to the title was his Swansong, because he's been nowhere close to that since.

You can both appreciate their title win effort while understanding that we are currently being robbed by these men.

I fucking hate this guy, but he's completely right in this case.:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:29 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
The training camp hype is probably a big part of what makes this that much worse. Podcasts were saying to take the amazing odds of Chris Jones for DPOY.
I mean, we saw him with our own eyes. We saw him beast in TC. We saw him beast in PS. We saw him beast week 1. Then he got injured, tried to play through it and played like shit.

Next thing you know people are questioning his toughness because he elected to heal instead of continue playing with one goddamn arm.

THEN, a GIF emerges and people rip him for not solo tackling Henry with one injured arm...

Like....dudes...wtf?
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:36 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

Imma just go ahead and let you guess how many sacks Aaron Donald had during the Rams' '18 playoff/SB run.

The greatest DT in the game right now, whom is the only DT in the league you could argue is better than Chris Jones.

Go ahead. Guess. Or look it up. IDGAF.

Then come to me and tell me how ineffective he was and how the Rams shoulda just traded his ass.

I mean, they didn't pay Donald all that money just so he could, idk, have ZERO fucking sacks throughout the entirety of the post season, did they?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:36 PM 10-27-2021
I mean, we saw him with our own eyes. We saw him beast in TC. We saw him beast in PS. We saw him beast week 1. Then he got injured, tried to play through it and played like shit.

Next thing you know people are questioning his toughness because he elected to heal instead of continue playing with one goddamn arm.

THEN, a GIF emerges and people rip him for not solo tackling Henry with one injured arm...

Like....dudes...wtf?
Who was blocking him in training camp?
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:39 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Who was blocking him in training camp?
This OL that everyone was raving about?

2 weeks ago Humphrey and Smith were future HOF's and now they're a bunch of chopped liver?

Fuck this place sometimes, i swear.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up