ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I hate Chris Jones
bricks 09:29 PM 10-26-2021
Honestly the Chiefs should either trade or cut this guy. If they could get some sort of compensation for him great. If not, hopefully they could release him, buy him out or something free up some cap money.

I don’t know how it all works with money and cap management. I’m definitely not knowledgeable or savvy in that regard but all I know is this dude needs to go.

Chiefs please get rid of him!

I don’t care if he is a good interior passrusher. He sucks at everything else. Can’t stop the run, and he is physically, mentally soft. I can’t tolerate his presence on the field at times. He is lazy and dogs it on lots of plays. There was one play against Derrick Henry last Sunday where he had a shot to tackle him when Henry chose to run between the guard and tackle and Jones didn’t even choose to FIGHT off the block and just like passively reached out and touched Henry and let him run by him.
That’s just totally unacceptable!

Now that was one play and that shouldn’t define the guy but it does speak high volumes of who he is IMO. Playing defense is about attitude and toughness most of the time and Jones doesn’t fit that bill. If he goes, I won’t miss him one bit.

He is not a good building block to rebuilding a good defense. He needs to go ASAP.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:32 AM 10-27-2021
Over half of our defensive players lack effort. It's not just Chris Jones. The whole team is just going through the motions
[Reply]
notorious 07:41 AM 10-27-2021
It’s entirely possible that this is a team of “front-runners”.

Only a select few have had a bad stretch in their NFL careers. The rest are used to winning, and when that isn’t happening they let down. It’s easy to fly around the field when things are going right, not so much when losing.

It doesn’t take many front-runners to screw up a team.
[Reply]
Flying High D 07:49 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
It’s entirely possible that this is a team of “front-runners”.

Only a select few have had a bad stretch in their NFL careers. The rest are used to winning, and when that isn’t happening they let down. It’s easy to fly around the field when things are going right, not so much when losing.

It doesn’t take many front-runners to screw up a team.
Call them out.

Frank Clark
Chris Jones
HB
Hitchens
Reed
[Reply]
bricks 07:52 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Call them out.

Frank Clark
Chris Jones
HB
Hitchens
Reed
I’d get rid of all those except HB

At least he seems to care and plays with passion

They need more players that care and that play with more passion and fire
[Reply]
bricks 07:53 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Trade or cut you say? :-)
Why not? The dude sucks ass.

The defense needs a culture change.

This isn’t player you would want to build your defense around.

Rebuilding a new D has to start with a culture shift. First and foremost that begins with coaching and then Dline. This guy has and always will be nothing more than a one dimensional player that plays with zero heart, passion or determination.

Screw him. He can go.
[Reply]
notorious 07:56 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Call them out.

Frank Clark
Chris Jones
HB
Hitchens
Reed
The first 2 are guilty, I’ll never question HBs effort, Hitchens just isn’t very good, and Reed who?

There is such a thing as success depression. When you think you’ve “made it” it can be hard to keep improving.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 08:02 AM 10-27-2021
A little early to give up on CJ.

Very disappointing to see that kind of effort against Tennessee but I would be shocked if we dont see the old CJ this week.

When they highlight that play in the film room this week its going to light a fire in this man.

Hes a prideful player and a leader on this D. That had to be embarrassing to the whole team and especially CJ.

Im not sure which wrist was injured but I wonder if it was his left? Maybe thats why he didnt make more of an effort on that play?

Again, I expect we will see a maximum effort going forward from CJ and the rest of the team as well.

Not sure if we can make the playoffs even with maximum effort but effort will not be a problem. One exception being Frank Clark, benching him would be an excellent message to the rest of the team.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:22 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:

Very disappointing to see that kind of effort against Tennessee but I would be shocked if we dont see the old CJ this week.

When they highlight that play in the film room this week its going to light a fire in this man.

Hes a prideful player and a leader on this D. That had to be embarrassing to the whole team and especially CJ.

Im not sure which wrist was injured but I wonder if it was his left? Maybe thats why he didnt make more of an effort on that play?

Again, I expect we will see a maximum effort going forward from CJ and the rest of the team as well.

Not sure if we can make the playoffs even with maximum effort but effort will not be a problem. One exception being Frank Clark, benching him would be an excellent message to the rest of the team.
Lighting a fire requires a few things. One, you have to believe what is being said by Spags and the coaching staff is going to work.

Spags has given no indication that he's not a talking bag of smashed assholes shambling around on the verge of a diabetic coma this year. He doesn't play the best players, and has no idea how to stop the most simple of game plans.

Next, your job has to be on the line. It isn't. Jones is sitting pretty on an untradeable contract, and he will not be cut.

Chris Jones has exactly zero reason to give a shit about anything anyone may have to say to him.

He got paid, he made it. Diminishing returns, as history returns to its cyclical form for the Kansas City Chiefs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:36 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:

He's not a leader. He's never been a leader. He's always been an undisciplined clown. It's frustrating because he's physically talented enough to BE Aaron Donald, but he has nowhere near the heart or maturity.

I don't think he's tradeable at this point, he's certainly not cuttable. At least he has scheme versatility so whatever we run next year he'll fit, but relying on him to do anything but get himself enough sacks to look respectable on the end of season stat line is silly.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:57 AM 10-27-2021
I don't hate him at all. In fact, he's one of maybe two or three guys on our defense I think are actually worth a shit.

I do find it annoying that he's played in 9 playoff games and has not recorded a sack or TFL in any of them.
[Reply]
tyton75 09:16 AM 10-27-2021
while I disagree with the need to get rid of him... He's not wrong about Jones dogging it. He's looking a lot like a player who doesn't have the fire after his payday.

I hope he can turn it around though.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:20 AM 10-27-2021
A guy playing hurt and out of posistion? They all lack effort. Theres more to it than just one player. Something is going on in that locker room.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:25 AM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
A guy playing hurt and out of posistion? They all lack effort. Theres more to it than just one player. Something is going on in that locker room.
Yeah, the defense expected to keep riding Mahomes hero ball and it hasn't happened.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:27 AM 10-27-2021
Stick to hockey
[Reply]
stevieray 09:27 AM 10-27-2021
He got paid. Houston did the same thing. It's human nature.

I hate that football contracts pay you for what you MIGHT do in the future.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up