ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What's your defensive plan for 2022?
Chris Meck 02:53 PM 10-26-2021
I think we all expect that the trio of Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill will still be a potent group, and that the offense will work itself out to some degree.

There are pieces we need to fit in to be complete, but I think it's also obvious that the defense is the most pressing issue.

so what's your plan?

Can Spags? Who's your hire?

What players are you letting walk, re-sign, what positions are you drafting?

Who do you feel good about rolling with moving forward?
[Reply]
-King- 05:39 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm sure you're throwing in his time with the Rams, where he proved - like sooo many others before, and since him- to be in over his head in the Big Chair

But again, like so many others... you can see that he did well when placed in advantageous positions, with genuine talent to work with

A quick look through his basic history proves him more than capable as a coordinator, those Ram years reeeally put a hurt on his overall record

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Spagnuolo
Even if you take out his Rams tenure, he still has 5 bottom 3 defenses.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:42 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
In what world is Ward a solid starter?
He has been his entire time here.

Lack of pass rush is making everyone in the back seven look worse.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:52 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He has been his entire time here.

Lack of pass rush is making everyone in the back seven look worse.
Its true
[Reply]
RustShack 06:06 PM 10-26-2021
Ward is definitely a more than solid stater. Sure, it would be great to have a better CB opposite him, but he’s easily a top 64 CB if not 32.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:54 PM 10-26-2021
I think we should find some way to trade Jones and pay Honey Badger if he can be had for something reasonable. HB gives a shit and plays with fire. Jones doesn't.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:57 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I think we should find some way to trade Jones and pay Honey Badger if he can be had for something reasonable. HB gives a shit and plays with fire. Jones doesn't.
Jones contract isn't tradeable.

HB is about done as a top-end player in this league. Jones has 4-5 more elite years left.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:09 PM 10-26-2021
If Jones was that valuable his contract would be tradeable.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:14 PM 10-26-2021
People want to keep Spags? :-)

Nah, the staff has to gutted on the Defense.

My plan:

Lure Gus Bradley away from the Raiders while bowlcut thumbs his dick over who his next HC will be

Dump Hitchens and Clark.
End the CJ at DE dumb shit. Ask him to lower his 2022 rate to add more talent around him.
Let HB walk. Sneed can replace him.
Let Ward walk. Not worth the contract.
Let Nnadi walk. Saunders can replace him.
Retain Hughes and Baker for an additional year.

Sign Ogbah back in FA.

Draft DE in the first, weakside backer somewhere in the 3 to 5 range.

Enjoy improved Defense.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:19 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

My plan:

Lure Gus Bradley away from the Raiders while bowlcut thumbs his dick over who his next HC will be

Dump Hitchens and Clark.
End the CJ at DE dumb shit. Ask him to lower his 2022 rate to add more talent around him.

Sign Ogbah back in FA.

Enjoy improved Defense.
McDonald in the first. I hope in the NFL he gets more holding calls, but I fear he gets to “Hali” treatment like has been the last few years and they don’t want to throw a flag almost every play.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:38 PM 10-26-2021

My plan:

Dump Hitchens and Clark.

Sign Ogbah back in FA.

Enjoy improved Defense.
It certainly sounds slap yourself upside the head simple, when you can just do whatever you want in imaginary Madden... but we both know its not always that easy
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:41 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It certainly sounds slap yourself upside the head simple, when you can just do whatever you want in imaginary Madden... but we both know its not always that easy
I think it's pretty easy to improve from dead last.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:44 PM 10-26-2021
I just hope we don’t see another “themed” offseason. We need offensive help too, because the defense won’t be top 15 next year.

Keep/make the offense elite by adding skill players and addressing OT. Make incremental improvements to the defense and gut the dead weight.

Move on from Clark, Hitchens, HB. Tag/trade HB if possible. Get younger and cheaper.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:50 PM 10-26-2021

My plan:

Dump Hitchens and Clark.

Sign Ogbah back in FA.

Enjoy improved Defense.
Ah. Bradley's an interesting option I wasn't considering, but that would make sense and be a good hire.

I pretty much agree and have been saying the same players out and retaining Hughes and Baker.

I think Ward's a decent player, I just don't think paying a CB premium money when the rules are so stacked against them makes much sense.

Ogbah would be good. We kept the wrong 'O'.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:52 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I just hope we don’t see another “themed” offseason. We need offensive help too, because the defense won’t be top 15 next year.

Keep/make the offense elite by adding skill players and addressing OT. Make incremental improvements to the defense and gut the dead weight.

Move on from Clark, Hitchens, HB. Tag/trade HB if possible. Get younger and cheaper.
We probably need a LT. Would probably have to be round 1 or a FA.

We definitely need a WR. Pretty early in the draft or FA.

We kinda need a RB most likely. Mid round draftee. We've had good luck in the 3rd.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:15 PM 10-26-2021
I think it's pretty easy to improve from dead last.
That makes a sharp sound bite, but some of those moves aren't gimmes... not knocking your thoughts, just pointing out it maybe isn't so easy
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up