ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever had to kick their kid out of the house?
Mecca 12:26 PM 10-26-2021
My step son is veering dangerously close to this. His mom is already wanting him out...is there even remotely a good way to go about this?
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:27 PM 10-26-2021
Nothing says "shit just got real" like finding the doors to "your" home locked and your belongings sitting on the driveway when you get home.

The kid is not wired correctly, Mecca. He won't respond to traditional threats and incentives. You have to go nuclear and kick him out of the house. No more excuses, and no more opportunities, and no more handling it with a loving manner. You've tried to verbalize your demands, and now it's time give him notice by showing him what reality looks like.

I don't have any experience with this personally. My kids were born and raised inside of a loving marriage that set boundaries and expectations for them from the time they were toddlers. It sucked to keep on them constantly, but the rewards were and are plentiful once the buy-in becomes complete. Kids want and seek direction at a young age. They don't, however, seek it a later age if the discipline was never instilled early on. He's a lost cause until he learns how to truly live a responsible life outside of you and your wife.....or doesn't, but it should no longer be your burden.

Good luck to all of you!
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:29 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Nothing says "shit just got real" like finding the doors to "your" home locked and your belongings sitting on the driveway when you get home.

The kid is not wired correctly, Mecca. He won't respond to traditional threats and incentives. You have to go nuclear and kick him out of the house. No more excuses, and no more opportunities, and no more handling it with a loving manner. You've tried to verbalize your demands, and now it's time give him notice by showing him what reality looks like.

I don't have any experience with this personally. My kids were born and raised inside of a loving marriage that set boundaries and expectations for them from the time they were toddlers. It sucked to keep on them constantly, but the rewards were and are plentiful once the buy-in becomes complete. Kids want and seek direction at a young age. They don't, however, seek it a later age if the discipline was never instilled early on. He's a lost cause until he learns how to truly live a responsible life outside of you and your wife.....or doesn't, but it should no longer be your burden.

Good luck to all of you!
Sounds great until he ends up on the news arrested sucking dick for coke
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:31 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Sounds great until he ends up on the news arrested sucking dick for coke
Except it's no longer Mecca's problem.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:32 PM 10-26-2021
Good luck.

As I recall, you’ve posted that your wife also has daughter who is a problem child. So this may only be the first eviction.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:02 PM 10-26-2021
Yep, sometimes the choices are being a shithead under your own roof or being a shithead out in the real world... that's it. There's no "if only I said/did/paid for this, he'd figure it out!"
[Reply]
Flying High D 06:34 PM 10-26-2021
It is if it’s Mecca’s cock.
[Reply]
fan4ever 06:36 PM 10-26-2021
The military does wonders. Tell him it's just like playing the video games.
[Reply]
Flying High D 06:39 PM 10-26-2021
When I was in the military, my mom always called the Red Cross saying I wouldn’t ever call home. My life was a hell of a lot better without or my stepdad involved in it. Fucking freaks
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:42 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
When I was in the military, my mom always called the Red Cross saying I wouldn’t ever call home. My life was a hell of a lot better without or my stepdad involved in it. ****ing freaks
Holy shit.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:46 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
Just for reference...

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
Buy he had enough cash for that sweet neck tat that's sure to help him land a high paying job!
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:51 PM 10-26-2021
OMG this thread is awful! How dare you all!
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:58 PM 10-26-2021
I'm joking, I don't care.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:00 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You have to force him.

Drop him off at military school.

He'll learn how to behave and survive real quick.
OMG!
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 07:05 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
My step son is veering dangerously close to this. His mom is already wanting him out...is there even remotely a good way to go about this?
Sorry you are in this situation. Hopefully this helps…

https://www.lawhelp.org/dc/resource/...from-your-home

Good luck with everything
[Reply]
Jenson71 07:08 PM 10-26-2021
There was a terrible situation that happened this year in Cedar Rapids, when a 20 year old University of Iowa student was living at home, and his parents told him to either get a job or move out. The student ended up murdering both parents and his 19 year old sister.

A similar situation happened in New York, also this year: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-says/2850421/

Obviously, these are outliers, but you said a therapist said he's 'at best' 'borderline sociopathic,' so I think there's a legitimate concern that you need to look out for your family's safety when doing any sort of transition.

If you live with someone with mental health problems, you have to be educated on how you can deal with those. How has he responded to stressful situations in the past? Did he exceed expectations, or lash out? Does he respond positively to certain types of motivations? What can be used to incentivize him for the good?

There are a lot of young males out there that feel adrift and left behind by society.

I tend to avoid confrontation with everything, and that's not always the best approach. But if you're dealing with an actual sociopath, I think you have to tread lightly in this situation.

Good luck, mecca.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up