ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one do you pick?
Rhode Island, plus $250,000 annual stipend 7 14.89%
Washington, plus $274,000 annual stipend 39 82.98%
Gosh, I can't decide. 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mansionmania Tournament: Round 1, Heat 25
Rain Man 10:21 AM 10-26-2021
Mansionmania continues. I'm going to show you the most expensive homes in every state and a few territories, with a few extras thrown in from the largest states to get the tourney up to 64. It'll be a single-elimination tournament.

You will choose among each pair of houses with the following assumptions:

I encourage you to click on the maps in the listings to see the general location and neighborhood.

Also, I will only enter contestants if they have a sufficient number of photos to judge, as determined by me.

Your entries in this heat are:

Rhode Island:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M98127-03006

Washington:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...5_M94535-05252
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:59 AM 10-26-2021
Yeah, this one stretches the definition of maintenance.

Washington for me. Neither are really my bag but Washington is closer.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:03 PM 10-26-2021
Neither location or house really appeal to me much. East Coast bias gives Rhode Island an advantage but the Washington home is more my speed.

I don't know. I guess I'd go Seattle but I can't see myself voting for either of these in the next round.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:07 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
the castle has 29 bedrooms in addition to 53 other room.
I don't know that many people that I would care to have stay overnight.
I'd move to a different one every month just for fun. It would give me something to do for years.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:07 PM 10-26-2021
RI for me

washingtons way too loony
[Reply]
oldman 12:17 PM 10-26-2021
The wine stays with the house in Seattle, right? Both have some really cool features, but I think I'd get tired of the RI Skipper and Bitsy thing. Seattle has more temperate weather and seems a little more homey, so I'll take WA.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 12:40 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
RI for me

exactly. Plus the stylized pictures in the listing really turned me off. I don't understand why realtors have to go all HDR on these photos.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:20 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
RI for me

Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
exactly. Plus the stylized pictures in the listing really turned me off. I don't understand why realtors have to go all HDR on these photos.
You guys are invited to my first Gatsby party.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:06 PM 10-26-2021
Rhode Island looks like something straight out of the Gilded Age with ghosts of robber barons. Definitely not my style. Providence has some mean Portuguese Chourico Stew, which in my opinion is the single best comfort food dish on the planet, but not a whole lot else.

It would be the Washington house and Seattle area for me.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:15 PM 10-26-2021
Washington for me. I can’t quite tell but on Rhode Island it doesn’t even seem like an ocean front property.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:20 PM 10-26-2021
I must say, I'm surprised at how this heat is going. Washington is great, but I thought that few would pass up a Newport castle. I figured Washington would make a good showing but that Rhode Island would win rather handily.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 03:27 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I must say, I'm surprised at how this heat is going. Washington is great, but I thought that few would pass up a Newport castle. I figured Washington would make a good showing but that Rhode Island would win rather handily.
I think the absence of furniture in the RI house really contributes to a cold feel.

This shows the importance of "staging" to evoke a feeling of homeyness.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:32 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I think the absence of furniture in the RI house really contributes to a cold feel.

This shows the importance of "staging" to evoke a feeling of homeyness.
Good point. It would cost a fortune to fully stage a house like that, but even if they did three or four rooms it would help to visualize the place.
[Reply]
burt 04:54 PM 10-26-2021
Furniture, artwork and heating that damn RI mausoleum would be WAY over the stipend. Yeah, parking a used Ford Festiva out front might be embarrassing.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:09 PM 10-26-2021
Love Washington as a whole, but a castle is too much to pass up. Will have to go with the Rhode Island one.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:16 PM 10-26-2021
I'll be honest, I have an irrational hatred of parquet flooring.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up