ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Ben Neimann played more snaps than Willie Gay yesterday
-King- 11:45 AM 10-25-2021
Just more Spags things..

#Chiefs snap counts vs the Titans pic.twitter.com/pFV3PQsSSS

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 25, 2021

Also glad we managed to fit in 8 snaps for Gordon. I know with such a great and talented WR group it's hard to get guys snaps after they've been here a month.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:08 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Can you beat these defensive strategies without running the ball? Taking the short options is fine but having a run game is even easier than throwing short passes. Alex Smith had a better running game to support him, even of the OL wasn't great at blocking.
We're actually not terrible at running, even without a decent RB. Need a commitment to it.
[Reply]
oldman 01:40 PM 10-26-2021
You don't need a great running back, just one that can get you a consistent 4-5 yards. Sure enough they're going to get the occasional loss, but they're also going to get the occasional 20 yarder. We've grown so accustomed to Mahomes Magic that we lose sight of the objective -- winning. So what if it's boring, so what if we don't get a PMII highlight reel each week. Winning is everything.

The other thing is we can't continue to let Kelce take the beatings he has over the last couple weeks. Run Gordon, Pringle, WR receiver of the day over the middle. Surely that playbook isn't "too complicated" for that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:46 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
You don't need a great running back, just one that can get you a consistent 4-5 yards. Sure enough they're going to get the occasional loss, but they're also going to get the occasional 20 yarder. We've grown so accustomed to Mahomes Magic that we lose sight of the objective -- winning. So what if it's boring, so what if we don't get a PMII highlight reel each week. Winning is everything.

The other thing is we can't continue to let Kelce take the beatings he has over the last couple weeks. Run Gordon, Pringle, WR receiver of the day over the middle. Surely that playbook isn't "too complicated" for that.
I expected a more methodical offense this season; I said I figured we might have less highlight reel plays and a lot more methodical drives. People here said i was nuts; and they were right. We've not seen that. But we should have.

I expected to see a lot of defenses taking the top off the offense, and expected that with a full offseason we'd see a lot of Clyde in the flats, catching a lot of balls. I expected with the young, big offensive line, we'd run the ball a lot and force the defense to cheat up. We've not really seen that either, at least not consistently.

I don't really understand what they're doing right now. I don't think they do either.

None of it matters with the defense being as bad as it is, and I place 90% of the blame at the feet of 1/4 of our salary cap: the defensive line stars, which loaf around all game long doing absolutely nothing.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:08 PM 10-26-2021
It takes a lot of discipline and military precision to run a methodical offense. We have none of that. We may never be that kind of team under Reid.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:14 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I expected a more methodical offense this season; I said I figured we might have less highlight reel plays and a lot more methodical drives. People here said i was nuts; and they were right. We've not seen that. But we should have.

I expected to see a lot of defenses taking the top off the offense, and expected that with a full offseason we'd see a lot of Clyde in the flats, catching a lot of balls. I expected with the young, big offensive line, we'd run the ball a lot and force the defense to cheat up. We've not really seen that either, at least not consistently.

I don't really understand what they're doing right now. I don't think they do either.

None of it matters with the defense being as bad as it is, and I place 90% of the blame at the feet of 1/4 of our salary cap: the defensive line stars, which loaf around all game long doing absolutely nothing.
This defense was built to play with a lead. 1st half turnovers have left us behind in most every game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:18 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
This defense was built to play with a lead. 1st half turnovers have left us behind in most every game.
You know, that gets said so much it becomes a mantra, but what the fuck does that even mean?

Historically, in the Mahomes era, if you want to run the ball, fine, shortening the game won't save you.

If you get behind and have to throw, our pass rush should make that difficult.

Only it doesn't, and Ryan Tannehill looked like prime Montana Sunday.

This front four sucks, and we're paying a ton of money for them to suck.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:27 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
So, what happened when we had the lead in the Chargers and Baltimore games? The defense folded like a cheap tent in a hurricane.

"Defense is built to play with a lead" the fuck out of here with that bullshite.
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You know, that gets said so much it becomes a mantra, but what the **** does that even mean?

Historically, in the Mahomes era, if you want to run the ball, fine, shortening the game won't save you.

If you get behind and have to throw, our pass rush should make that difficult.

Only it doesn't, and Ryan Tannehill looked like prime Montana Sunday.

This front four sucks, and we're paying a ton of money for them to suck.
THANK YOU
[Reply]
TLO 10:32 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Well, you're an idiot so who cares? Yeah, Nieman and Sorenson suck, if they were black they would still suck!

Grow the **** up!
FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up