ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ben Neimann played more snaps than Willie Gay yesterday
-King- 11:45 AM 10-25-2021
Just more Spags things..

#Chiefs snap counts vs the Titans pic.twitter.com/pFV3PQsSSS

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 25, 2021

Also glad we managed to fit in 8 snaps for Gordon. I know with such a great and talented WR group it's hard to get guys snaps after they've been here a month.
[Reply]
tatorhog 07:37 AM 10-26-2021
Its all a brilliant plan to quietly move up in the draft. They have their eye on somebody.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:51 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Defense was on the field a lot yesterday (largely its own fault).
You're talking about the defense that shut the Titans out in the second half on Sunday, right?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:56 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
You're talking about the defense that shut the Titans out in the second half on Sunday, right?
The Titans kind of packed it in imo.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:57 AM 10-26-2021
You can tout that stat and believe what you want, but it was a 27-0 ass kicking at half and the dogs got called off at that point.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:08 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
You can tout that stat and believe what you want, but it was a 27-0 ass kicking at half and the dogs got called off at that point.
They've only conceded one scoring drive in the last three second halfs and that was only because call thay prevented an interception..so the titans secobd half was just a continuation of what they've been doing.

On another note Spags actually played Niemann and Sorenson on 3rd downs and took off Bolton and Gay in this game..smh the guy is getting more and more silly imo.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:13 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
The Titans kind of packed it in imo.
Did they shut them out in the second half? You are sure based on the Chiefs past history, they weren't trying to score, specifically in the 3rd quarter...:-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:19 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I believe that the problems on this team run much, much deeper than Neimann/Gay or Thornhill/Sorensen, and I've said as much.

Andy Reid, for as good as he's been, is not the same coach that he was before the Britt Reid wreck. I don't know if that's exactly it...but in the Super Bowl I was HOWLING for him to shorten Mahomes' drops and run more intermediate routes to take advantage of holes in the zone coverages.

Still waiting. When the **** is Reid going to remember his Walsh/Holmgren roots and go short/intermediate high percentage control the clock pure West Coast? BECAUSE THAT IS HOW YOU BEAT THESE DEFENSES. It's WHY the WCO was ****ing invented.

Even though Brady ran the Perkins variation in NE, it was the same concept. It's what he does in Tampa. Play-action, intermediate routes. High percentage, great touch. Make every ****ing throw.

Don't drop deep, looking, looking...covered, **** it, frustrated check down hits the grass at the intended receiver's feet - that's NOT getting it done. Have a ****ing progression. A plan of attack.

No plan, no attack. No attack, no victory.

At least we now know why EB didn't get a job these past few years - he's hot garbage. A rah-rah yes-man who echoes his head coach.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:20 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Did they shut them out in the second half? You are sure based on the Chiefs past history, they weren't trying to score, specifically in the 3rd quarter...:-)
The Titans did not score in the 2nd half.

The mighty Chiefs offense could only muster 3 points.

It was so pathetic.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:49 AM 10-26-2021
I believe that the problems on this team run much, much deeper than Neimann/Gay or Thornhill/Sorensen, and I've said as much.

Andy Reid, for as good as he's been, is not the same coach that he was before the Britt Reid wreck. I don't know if that's exactly it...but in the Super Bowl I was HOWLING for him to shorten Mahomes' drops and run more intermediate routes to take advantage of holes in the zone coverages.

Still waiting. When the **** is Reid going to remember his Walsh/Holmgren roots and go short/intermediate high percentage control the clock pure West Coast? BECAUSE THAT IS HOW YOU BEAT THESE DEFENSES. It's WHY the WCO was ****ing invented.

Even though Brady ran the Perkins variation in NE, it was the same concept. It's what he does in Tampa. Play-action, intermediate routes. High percentage, great touch. Make every ****ing throw.

Don't drop deep, looking, looking...covered, **** it, frustrated check down hits the grass at the intended receiver's feet - that's NOT getting it done. Have a ****ing progression. A plan of attack.

At least we now know why EB didn't get a job these past few years - he's hot garbage. A rah-rah yes-man who echoes his head coach.
^this^ plus we are no longer putting horizontal pressure on the edges with our speed like we did in past years. Sure were getting yards, but they are tough yards when easy yards are there for the taking. Our tackles also aren't nearly as bad as Mahomes is making them look. I love Mahomes but other teams are containing his deep drops this year, he now has lanes underneath the hard upfield edge rushers and if he does need to improvise it's by stepping up in the pocket first, looking for a receiver, and then scrambling in one of the underneath outside lanes that are now available, and then make those crazy throws from there. If you watch last nights game, Winston did a nice job of stepping up in the pocket, he just couldn't hit the broadside of the barn.
[Reply]
oldman 10:10 AM 10-26-2021

I'm going to agree with most of your post. I don't think we want to go full-on WCO, but at least have it in the playbook. An 8 yard up and out for a 1st is much better than throwing it into the dirt because your 30 yard downfield receiver isn't open. A 12 yard slant is better than throwing into double or triple coverage because you're "trying to make something happen". So what if we don't have a Priest Holmes at RB, surely one of our RBs can catch a 6 yard pass. Get to a 2nd and 3 or 4. It's not the end of the world to be 3rd and a foot and run the ball.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:41 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm going to agree with most of your post. I don't think we want to go full-on WCO, but at least have it in the playbook. An 8 yard up and out for a 1st is much better than throwing it into the dirt because your 30 yard downfield receiver isn't open. A 12 yard slant is better than throwing into double or triple coverage because you're "trying to make something happen". So what if we don't have a Priest Holmes at RB, surely one of our RBs can catch a 6 yard pass. Get to a 2nd and 3 or 4. It's not the end of the world to be 3rd and a foot and run the ball.
exactly. Reid would never go full-on WCO offense, but he needs to remember his roots and those concepts would do this offense a WORLD of good. Patrick needs better touch and needs better pocket presence, and that's not completely on the Oline. The shorter routes and quicker drops will help the Oline as well.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:45 AM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
^this^ plus we are no longer putting horizontal pressure on the edges with our speed like we did in past years. Sure were getting yards, but they are tough yards when easy yards are there for the taking. Our tackles also aren't nearly as bad as Mahomes is making them look. I love Mahomes but other teams are containing his deep drops this year, he now has lanes underneath the hard upfield edge rushers and if he does need to improvise it's by stepping up in the pocket first, looking for a receiver, and then scrambling in one of the underneath outside lanes that are now available, and then make those crazy throws from there. If you watch last nights game, Winston did a nice job of stepping up in the pocket, he just couldn't hit the broadside of the barn.
This is all accurate. His pocket presence needs some work. He needs to be consistent and accurate underneath. Take those easy yards.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:49 AM 10-26-2021
The Titans did not score in the 2nd half.

The mighty Chiefs offense could only muster 3 points.

It was so pathetic.
The Titans didn’t pass once in the 4th quarter. Fucking stop.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:28 PM 10-26-2021
Can you beat these defensive strategies without running the ball? Taking the short options is fine but having a run game is even easier than throwing short passes. Alex Smith had a better running game to support him, even of the OL wasn't great at blocking.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:07 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Titans didn’t pass once in the 4th quarter. ****ing stop.
Which makes it all that much more infuriating that we only scored 3 pts in the 2nd half, SIR.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up