ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 28
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Kansas City Chiefs Are A Bad Football Team
arrwheader 12:24 PM 10-24-2021
Top to Bottom. Time to rebuild.

Edit:

This team needs a lot of changes, currently they are a bad football team. Bad football teams lose every game to good football teams and sometimes win against other bad teams. They also turn the ball over minimum 2x a games. They have no focus, little fight, and seem to regress every game.

Time for a reboot.
[Reply]
arrwheader 04:42 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yes. Very annoying. But honestly, the way the team has played this year, I'm not surprised they got their asses kicked today... I would have been more surprised had they actually won. :-)
I had hope they found something last week and were maybe about to start clicking. Nope got worse. Even given what we have seen I never thought the offensive would suck so bad against a depleted Titans defense but they got destroyed.

That's pretty much how I know it's over. Of you can only score 3 points against that then your ass.

That's where we are at.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Iconic 04:47 PM 10-24-2021
Personally Mahomes looks like he is trying to score 14 points on every play. He's pressing, our OTs are underperforming, there's an obvious lack of receiving depth on this team that's caught up to us, and the defense is loaded with bad contracts that should have never happened. I think we are simply coming to terms with the reality that this team is in need of a micro rebuild.

Also it does not help that Veach refuses to draft in the first ****ing round and when he does he takes a ****ing running back.

I think we can still compete but it will take some monumental effort from Mahomes and a lot of guys stepping up.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:49 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
I had hope they found something last week and were maybe about to start clicking. Nope got worse. Even given what we have seen I never thought the offensive would suck so bad against a depleted Titans defense but they got destroyed.

That's pretty much how I know it's over. Of you can only score 3 points against that then your ass.

That's where we are at.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
This is pretty simple. We are losing with an offense that has one of the best QBs to every play the game, one of the best TEs and one of the best WRs.

While they have shit the bed some this season our defense has done pretty much 0 to help outside of the Chargers game.

Today we had the Titans on their own 3 yard line. 9 plays later we were giving the ball back to Patrick down 14 points. A decent defense at least forces a punt. A fairly good defense gets decent position for their offense. A good defense shuts shit down there.

Our defense is never anywhere near the QB or the receivers. If they make a stop on 1st down they give up the 1st down the next play.

We have got to be giving up 8-9 yards a play right now.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:50 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Personally Mahomes looks like he is trying to score 14 points on every play. He's pressing, our OTs are underperforming, there's an obvious lack of receiving depth on this team that's caught up to us, and the defense is loaded with bad contracts that should have never happened. I think we are simply coming to terms with the reality that this team is in need of a micro rebuild.

Also it does not help that Veach refuses to draft in the first ****ing round and when he does he takes a ****ing running back.

I think we can still compete but it will take some monumental effort from Mahomes and a lot of guys stepping up.
Takes a RB for a team that refuses to run the ball. Ironically that's our biggest problem on offense this season. We are not running the ball enough.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:03 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
This is pretty simple. We are losing with an offense that has one of the best QBs to every play the game, one of the best TEs and one of the best WRs.

While they have shit the bed some this season our defense has done pretty much 0 to help outside of the Chargers game.

Today we had the Titans on their own 3 yard line. 9 plays later we were giving the ball back to Patrick down 14 points. A decent defense at least forces a punt. A fairly good defense gets decent position for their offense. A good defense shuts shit down there.

Our defense is never anywhere near the QB or the receivers. If they make a stop on 1st down they give up the 1st down the next play.

We have got to be giving up 8-9 yards a play right now.
The Titans did exactly what everyone else has that destroys us.

We suck ass at CB, Hughes is awful, they won't give Baker a sniff. Mix that with the lack of athletes and LB.

Screens kill this team, just watch. Motion before the snap into trips and then medium depth drags..so Nick Bolton's on AJ Brown..

Attacking scheme and talent.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:06 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:

We suck ass at CB, Hughes is awful, they won't give Baker a sniff. Mix that with the lack of athletes and LB.

Screens kill this team, just watch. Motion before the snap into trips and then medium depth drags..so Nick Bolton's on AJ Brown..

So you're saying our scheme and coaching suck?
[Reply]
lcarus 05:09 PM 10-24-2021
Seems like several of the guys on the team are in a bad place mentally. Clark, Jones and Mathieu have seemed either pissed off or completely checked out. Some were even speculating that Tyreek was unhappy for whatever reason. Also the fact we've had quite a few free agents tell us "thanks but no thanks". Seems to be quite a bit of misery going on for a team that's been to back to back Super Bowls. Not just the recent losses either. Something has felt off about the team since week 1 kicked off.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:10 PM 10-24-2021
So you're saying our scheme and coaching suck?
It's both, the scheme is basically emplemented like there are elite athlete everywhere. When there's few.

The non investment in CB is killing this team, the lack of top end talent in the back 7 and then guys with no pass rush that are paid a ton.
[Reply]
YayMike 05:11 PM 10-24-2021

Exactly. And on the offense. Play the 2 deep safety, mostly cover 3. Wait for either Andy Reid or Patrick to get inpatient and make either a bad call or a terrible turnover, seems to work damn good right now
[Reply]
YayMike 05:12 PM 10-24-2021
It's both, the scheme is basically emplemented like there are elite athlete everywhere. When there's few.

The non investment in CB is killing this team, the lack of top end talent in the back 7 and then guys with no pass rush that are paid a ton.
Exactly, It’s all about the lack of pass rush. Jones inside last year generated a ton of pressure and commanded double teams, thus giving the end a one-on-one and a better shot at pressure. With no pressure the secondary is getting picked apart
[Reply]
petegz28 05:13 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by YayMike:
Exactly. And on the offense. Play the 2 deep safety, mostly cover 3. Wait for either Andy Reid or Patrick to get inpatient and make either a bad call or a terrible turnover, seems to work damn good right now
That's because both refuse to run the ball with any consistency.
[Reply]
Jimmya 05:15 PM 10-24-2021
Anyone believe the narrative of "Andy hasn't been right since the Brit incident"
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:16 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by YayMike:
The Chiefs didn’t even get a drive started by attacking the 2 deep safety coverage.

Where was the intermediate passing game to get Tyreek involved early/often?

How about screen passes?

It seemed like there was no apparent gameplan other than just have Mahomes scramble around and try to hit on home run plays that are not going to be open against this type of defense.
[Reply]
FAX 05:17 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Chiefs didn’t even get a drive started by attacking the 2 deep safety coverage.

Where was the intermediate passing game to get Tyreek involved early/often?

How about screen passes?

It seemed like there was no apparent gameplan other than just have Mahomes scramble around and try to hit on home run plays that are not going to be open against this type of defense.
Three words: "Eric B. Enemy."

FAX
[Reply]
YayMike 05:17 PM 10-24-2021
That's because both refuse to run the ball with any consistency.
Exactly. There’s more. I said it in the game chat, but they were two plays where PM15 did not make his normal pre snap reads at the line. One, an obvious run play , Titans had nine guys in the box. He did not check out of it. Another was a time when Tennessee clearly was showing a drop coverage. 4 man rush. he was under center, he should’ve audible to a run he didn’t and the play resulted in an incomplete pass. There’s plenty of blame to go around
[Reply]
Page 8 of 28
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up