ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 36
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeesh - Alec Baldwin just plopped into a world of hurt
Baby Lee 09:02 PM 10-21-2021
Breaking - details forthcoming

Discharged a 'prop' weapon that resulted in a death and another severe injury.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...c47b69ce5.html
[Reply]
Frazod 08:12 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
It's speculation. The cinematographer being killed while the director was standing behind them makes it seem pretty likely.

It sounds like there are "real" guns loaded with blanks being fired all day every day on studio sets. Gonna guess they aren't all being fired while pointing at down-range targets. Assuming Baldwin was using this gun in the filming of a scene, and not just goofing off with it on his own, it seems hard to imagine holding him responsible in any way. Also, his personal political beliefs about guns have nothing to do with his willingness to use them on set.
I have no respect for anybody who rants and raves about the evils of guns, except for the ones they use in movies to get paid millions of dollars OR the ones carried by their bodyguards. Or them personally.

These pricks are fine with guns in their hands or the hands of hired security. They just don't want the little people to have them.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:12 AM 10-22-2021
With a heavy caveat that I can't verify that this person knows what they're talking about, here's a good description of typical protocols on a film set (from a random redditor):

Originally Posted by :
So if you are on a production where a blank-firing gun is to be used, the Prop Master and/or Armorer will clear it with production, even down to the details of how many rounds will be shot for the sequence they will be used in.

Fast forward to the day. The Armorer/Licensed Prop Master and potentially a Prop Assistant will bring the weapons under close supervision, often times to the point of bringing a locked cart or gun vault to set. The person assigned to handling the weapon will, themself, check the weapon for blockages or even a loaded chamber. They will ensure the weapon is cleaned and check all firing blanks to ensure they are, in fact, crimped shut rounds with only powder in them. Once this is finished, they will bring the firearm to the First AD or otherwise supervising AD where you, typically with the Director and Actor wielding the weapon, will perform the same checks together.

The AD will have, prior to this check, have held at least one safety meeting, discussing with the entire crew the live gunfire that will be playing that day. The Actor will have, prior to this check, had gun training either on his own or provided to him by Production. This training should have shown him proper gun etiquette, including NEVER pointing a gun (loaded or not) at a crew member or any other human being not involved with the scene. The crew would know not to even look at those weapons funny.

For rehearsals, typically you rehearse with a dry weapon first (no blanks, perhaps even with rubber weapons.) After the motions have been finalized, you may have one or two rehearsals with live gunfire, which everyone on crew would be warned of. During this and every subsequent take, the gun would be checked with the actor and the person supervising the weapon. As far as I’ve done, seen, and been taught, you would check and clear every round with the actor either beforehand or in between each take.

I don’t know why I typed that all out. I think I wanted to just show people that there is a process to make this as safe as possible but to also highlight the fact that it is very, very much prone to human error and there is, at the end of the day, a high amount of trust given to each person in this process. I truly can’t tell where the failure here was…but it is horrific that, through all of these checks, something still happened. Horrific in a strangely personal way.
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...re_on/hhkdpyo/
[Reply]
jd1020 08:16 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
With a heavy caveat that I can't verify that this person knows what they're talking about, here's a good description of typical protocols on a film set (from a random redditor):

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...re_on/hhkdpyo/
From what I've read, this film was so low budget that it probably didn't have half of those check systems.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:22 AM 10-22-2021
“Rust” is a Tier 1 one movie, meaning it was being produced for under $6 million. Our source says: “They had safety meetings every day but it was a Tier I movie, so they probably didn’t have more than 1 prop person.” According to the imdb, there was one key medic on the staff and two stunt people.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/10/2...h-both-victims
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:24 AM 10-22-2021
Sounds like the meth house of a movie set
[Reply]
jd1020 08:29 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
“Rust” is a Tier 1 one movie, meaning it was being produced for under $6 million. Our source says: “They had safety meetings every day but it was a Tier I movie, so they probably didn’t have more than 1 prop person.” According to the imdb, there was one key medic on the staff and two stunt people.

$6M and you have to pay Alec Baldwin. Wonder how many shortcuts that leads to.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:30 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
$6M and you have to pay Alec Baldwin. Wonder how many shortcuts that leads to.
Probably not much since it was his movie.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:31 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Probably not much since it was his movie.
Didn't know that. $6M is still really really low budget for today.
[Reply]
Fish 08:34 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Can't wait for the full report on this one.
I'm really questioning why that cinematographer lady's parents weren't there to check the gun beforehand...
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:34 AM 10-22-2021
Quick - get the Kinks as the musical guest on SNL
[Reply]
Bwana 08:34 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
From an interview with an eyewitness to the shooting, it sounds like one shot hit both victims.

Yeah, Ummm, that sure doesn't sound like a blank.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 08:36 AM 10-22-2021
And suddenly a prop gun turns into an AR-15 assault prop.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:50 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah, Ummm, that sure doesn't sound like a blank.
Perhaps it was the same unfortunate situation that caused Brandon Lee's death.

But that still doesn't explain why Baldwin fired a gun at the fucking cinematographer.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:53 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Perhaps it was the same unfortunate situation that caused Brandon Lee's death.

But that still doesn't explain why Baldwin fired a gun at the fucking cinematographer.
Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
TLO 08:59 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Image: Not Safe for Work
What the FUCK
[Reply]
Page 6 of 36
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up