ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 36
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeesh - Alec Baldwin just plopped into a world of hurt
Baby Lee 09:02 PM 10-21-2021
Breaking - details forthcoming

Discharged a 'prop' weapon that resulted in a death and another severe injury.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...c47b69ce5.html
[Reply]
wazu 07:53 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
And in all those years no one ever mentioned that you should handle every gun as though it’s a hot gun, you arrogant asshole?
Well but, if the director tells you to point the gun at the camera and pull the trigger, are you supposed to say "no" because it's not good gun safety?
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:54 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I suppose my question would be why do movie sets even have live ammunition?
why would he point it at someone on set and fire it?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:55 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I suppose my question would be why do movie sets even have live ammunition?

Yeah this makes no sense. It certainly doesn’t sound like it was a blank or some other malfunction of the prop breaking or something.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:56 AM 10-22-2021
And in all those years no one ever mentioned that you should handle every gun as though it’s a hot gun, you arrogant asshole?
Wtf? Its a movie set.

Hey Alec, for this scene we need you to take this here prop gun and shoot it at the enemy over there, OK? - No, sorry. No can do. That could be a real gun with live ammunition.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:56 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
why would he point it at someone on set and fire it?
That was his job?
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 07:57 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Well but, if the director tells you to point the gun at the camera and pull the trigger, are you supposed to say "no" because it's not good gun safety?
If the fucking thing is capable of firing, hell yes you say no.

And it’s unclear to me that that’s what happened except in the imaginations of a couple of commenters in this thread. Is that what actually happened?
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:03 AM 10-22-2021

And it’s unclear to me that that’s what happened except in the imaginations of a couple of commenters in this thread. Is that what actually happened?
I'm pretty sure all the John Wick movies would have sucked if Keanu did this.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:04 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Bullets are for closers.
:-)
[Reply]
wazu 08:06 AM 10-22-2021

It's speculation. The cinematographer being killed while the director was standing behind them makes it seem pretty likely.

It sounds like there are "real" guns loaded with blanks being fired all day every day on studio sets. Gonna guess they aren't all being fired while pointing at down-range targets. Assuming Baldwin was using this gun in the filming of a scene, and not just goofing off with it on his own, it seems hard to imagine holding him responsible in any way. Also, his personal political beliefs about guns have nothing to do with his willingness to use them on set.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:07 AM 10-22-2021
This reminds me of a story my dad told me when he played trumpet in his high school's orchestra. They were playing an easier arrangement of the 1812 Overture, but the director nevertheless wanted to have a cannon. He came up with a solution where the percussionist (back in the 60s when you could do this kind of thing) would fire a shotgun blank into a sandbox. Worked like a charm and provided a suitable enough effect.

Well, the shotgun had been used over the weekend and returned to the school for the Monday evening concert. Nobody bothered to check if the shotgun was empty.

So the big moment in the music happens... the student aims at the sandbox...

...and blasts a hole right through the damn stage!
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 08:08 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
I'm pretty sure all the John Wick movies would have sucked if Keanu did this.
I don’t know what a John Wick movie is, but Keanu’s acting is usually as far as one needs to look for a reason something sucks.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:08 AM 10-22-2021
It's speculation. The cinematographer being killed while the director was standing behind them makes it seem pretty likely.

It sounds like there are "real" guns loaded with blanks being fired all day every day on studio sets. Gonna guess they aren't all being fired while pointing at down-range targets. Assuming Baldwin was using this gun in the filming of a scene, and not just goofing off with it on his own, it seems hard to imagine holding him responsible in any way. Also, his personal political beliefs about guns have nothing to do with his willingness to use them on set.
Yes, and there's now a thread in DC where that can be discussed. Keep it in there.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:08 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Doesn’t make any sense. Why film in New Mexico if it’s supposed to be a Kansas setting? Isn’t it harder to make it seem like a desolate piece of shit landscape with mountains in the background?
HEY MOTHERFUCKER. I resemble that remark. :-)

Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Yeah this makes no sense. It certainly doesn’t sound like it was a blank or some other malfunction of the prop breaking or something.
Yeah. Unlikely if it blew apart it goes through her body with a blank round.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:10 AM 10-22-2021
I don’t know what a John Wick movie is, but Keanu’s acting is usually as far as one needs to look for a reason something sucks.
The John Wick movies are great, for the record. Keanu doesn't exactly have the greatest acting range, but he plays the stoic badass well.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 08:12 AM 10-22-2021
It's speculation.
Not interested then.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 36
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up