ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>One of the biggest problems with this team
dlphg9 11:07 AM 10-11-2021
The coaching staff has an incredibly annoying obsession with starting not just mediocre, but absolutely terrible veterans. It's on both sides of the ball.

On defense, we have Dan "OhShitThatGuyIsBehindMe" Sorenson and Ben Nieman.

Ben seems to be phasing out with Willie Gay being available. Ben started last night, but only had 15 snaps on D, which is by far his lowest of the season and it seems that Willie Gay got most of those snaps as he was in 25 snaps. Hopefully this becomes the norm and we don't see him anymore.

The biggest fucking gripe and the most bullshit of all the bullshit, Dan. What in the actual fuck is going on in the coaching staffs brain? This lump of dog shit is such an integral part of our absolute dog shit D that he is playing 100% of the snaps? Juan Thornhill supposedly has to earn his playing time, so he got a messily 25 snaps yesterday. Dan was directly responsible for 2 TDs in the first half and didn't have to go to the bench for even 1 fucking play. He's been dog shit all year. I'd honestly rather see Armani Watts out there instead of that worthless piece of shit. Dan leads the world in missed tackles (7) and his buddy Ben is right behind him with (5).

Why won't the D coordinator of the worst defense I've ever witnessed hold Dan accountable?

On a side note, this D is really really bad. Allowing 32.6 PPG and if that holds up it will be the 2nd most PPG allowed since the NFL went to a 16 game schedule. Only the 1981 Baltimore Colts would have allowed more at 33.3 ppg.

Now onto Andy's shitty obsession. DeMarcus "ImRunningBackTowardsYouPatrick" Robinson. He consistently has the 2nd most reps of any of our WR and yet this is his stat line 5 weeks into the season.

245 snaps(70%), 10 Targets, 7 receptions, 80 yards, 1 TD

After being terrible and worthless the first 4 weeks, what does Andy do?

Puts him out there for 76% of our offenses plays.

How in the living hell does a #2 receiver on one of the most pass heavy teams in the league have only 7 catches in 5 games. Take out the Baltimore game and it's even more pathetic.

6 targets, 4 receptions, 34 yards

What in the actual fuck is Andy thinking? Why can't we just call up a practice squad lineman to do what Robinson is doing?

I'm not sure what Dan and DeMarcus have done or are doing, but the blind loyalty to the two most worthless fucks on this team is astounding.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:09 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I really don't think that's the case whatsoever.

Mecole had 12 targets, 9 receptions, and 76 yards. He was thrown to more last night than Robinson has been all year combined. Hell Mecoles night was 4 yds and a TD away from tying Robinson's yearly production. MH had 1 target less than Tyreek and was 2nd on the team.

If Mahomes hates MH, than what do you call his feelings towards DR?
They are forcing plays to him to try to force his speed to play a role in the games, but when you watch the games, pay attention to how many times Pat gets visably frustrated with Mecole. It’s consistent and often.

I’ve never heard him say anything, or do anything on the field that says he’s an emerging star that really understands the game.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:57 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
They are forcing plays to him to try to force his speed to play a role in the games, but when you watch the games, pay attention to how many times Pat gets visably frustrated with Mecole. It’s consistent and often.

I’ve never heard him say anything, or do anything on the field that says he’s an emerging star that really understands the game.
That doesn't mean he hates the guy. You're trying to tell me there game plan was to get Hardman the ball more that Kelce? How does one show that they believe someone is an emerging star on the field that really understands the game of football and when has Patrick said that about anyone? That's just a weird line.

He didn't seem to hate him in the Buffalo playoff game last year after the fumble.

Bottom line for all the "hate' he has for Mecole, he still threw him the ball as many times in one game as he has all season to Robinson and Robinson had more snaps then him.
[Reply]
-King- 07:47 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That doesn't mean he hates the guy. You're trying to tell me there game plan was to get Hardman the ball more that Kelce? How does one show that they believe someone is an emerging star on the field that really understands the game of football and when has Patrick said that about anyone? That's just a weird line.

He didn't seem to hate him in the Buffalo playoff game last year after the fumble.

Bottom line for all the "hate' he has for Mecole, he still threw him the ball as many times in one game as he has all season to Robinson and Robinson had more snaps then him.
Yeah because they've forced Hardman into that role. They wanted nothing more than for him to be the WR2 and tried to force it. It didn't work despite all those targets and now we're signing Gordon.

And I don't know how you can't see Mahomes doesn't like playing with Hardman. He gets mad at him more than all the others players combined. It always seems like he has no idea what Hardman is about to do. When Kelce and Mahomes are off, it's just simple miscommunication, but with Hardman, that's just the norm. He does shit Mahomes doesn't expect or want him to do every single game.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 07:47 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
Really. so how would you rank them in terms of everything else? Are they in the top 5? Because they aren't.

maybe the team should fix the other 5-7 things that are 'bigger' problems, instead of benching those two players, since that won't solve anything as it stands.

Just sayin' sweetheart.
i agree with everything you have said. yea the defense is bad, but they got stops sunday night in the 2nd half and the offense did nothing with it. if the offense would stop turning it over the chiefs wouldn’t be 2-3. people for whatever reason hate Sorensen…he makes very little yet the big money guys on D aren’t doing jack shit. the secondary is going to look bad when you can’t get any pressure at all on the QB. people don’t want to admit it but the offense is the problem right now…drops, turnovers, no discipline. their body language doesn’t look good and neither does Mahomes….something is just off…no fire in them.
[Reply]
-King- 07:52 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
i agree with everything you have said. yea the defense is bad, but they got stops sunday night in the 2nd half and the offense did nothing with it. if the offense would stop turning it over the chiefs wouldn’t be 2-3. people for whatever reason hate Sorensen…he makes very little yet the big money guys on D aren’t doing jack shit. the secondary is going to look bad when you can’t get any pressure at all on the QB. people don’t want to admit it but the offense is the problem right now…drops, turnovers, no discipline. their body language doesn’t look good and neither does Mahomes….something is just off…no fire in them.
:-) For whatever reason? :-) He leads the league in missed tackles and I'd bet he's near the top or at the top of touchdowns and yards allowed.

"For whatever reason" :-)
[Reply]
ljmhawk 08:03 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
:-) For whatever reason? :-) He leads the league in missed tackles and I'd bet he's near the top or at the top of touchdowns and yards allowed.

"For whatever reason" :-)
are his missed tackles the reason they are 2-3 or are all the turnovers on offense why they are 2-3? the offense is as just as much to blame as is the defense. chris jones, frank clark etc haven’t done jack shit on defense yet people want to just pile on sorensen every week. defensive players get paid and then they are worthless. oh, my wrist hurts i better sit out..man the fuck up. Thuney broke his hand and played the whole god damn game.
[Reply]
PHOG 08:12 AM 10-13-2021
The turnovers are to blame also, but anyone can go check out Sorensen's tackling AND coverage abilities and see he doesn't belong on ANY defense now. Man he is SLOW.
[Reply]
-King- 09:23 AM 10-13-2021
are his missed tackles the reason they are 2-3 or are all the turnovers on offense why they are 2-3? the offense is as just as much to blame as is the defense. chris jones, frank clark etc haven’t done jack shit on defense yet people want to just pile on sorensen every week. defensive players get paid and then they are worthless. oh, my wrist hurts i better sit out..man the fuck up. Thuney broke his hand and played the whole god damn game.
Ok...and he's still the worst defensive player on the team. No one said that the other players don't share the blame. But Sorensen right now is the worst starter on the team BY FAR. He allowed 2 touchdowns and a 61 yard pass that led to a field goal. That's 17 points that he directly gave up. That's inexcusable.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 09:25 AM 10-13-2021
Ok...and he's still the worst defensive player on the team. No one said that the other players don't share the blame. But Sorensen right now is the worst starter on the team BY FAR. He allowed 2 touchdowns and a 61 yard pass that led to a field goal. That's 17 points that he directly gave up. That's inexcusable.
and they still lose by 1. if the chiefs don’t turn it over 4 times they win. people forget mahomes threw a pick 6…yeah Reek should have caught it but even if he did he was short of the first down and was about to get blown up. Pat needs to start dumping it off like Brady and stop leaving the pocket so soon…..the offense is more to blame. 4 turnovers….you aren’t winning any games like that.
[Reply]
-King- 09:34 AM 10-13-2021
and they still lose by 1. if the chiefs don’t turn it over 4 times they win. people forget mahomes threw a pick 6…yeah Reek should have caught it but even if he did he was short of the first down and was about to get blown up. Pat needs to start dumping it off like Brady and stop leaving the pocket so soon…..the offense is more to blame. 4 turnovers….you aren’t winning any games like that.
Sure. But that doesn't change that Mahomes is great 99% of games and so far Sorensen had been the worst player on the team every single game this season. Every. Single. Game. I can forgive Mahomes for his bad game because it's so rare and far between. Sorensen has a bad game on a weekly basis, at this point he's trying to one up himself every game. He's just trying to see how much he can fuck up and still play 100% of snaps.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 09:42 AM 10-13-2021
Sure. But that doesn't change that Mahomes is great 99% of games and so far Sorensen had been the worst player on the team every single game this season. Every. Single. Game. I can forgive Mahomes for his bad game because it's so rare and far between. Sorensen has a bad game on a weekly basis, at this point he's trying to one up himself every game. He's just trying to see how much he can **** up and still play 100% of snaps.
maybe if our $70mil/year defensive line could get some pressure, Sorensen wouldn’t look so bad
[Reply]
-King- 09:49 AM 10-13-2021
maybe if our $70mil/year defensive line could get some pressure, Sorensen wouldn’t look so bad
Sure. Or he could not be the worst player on the team or be benched?

You realize if the DLine improves so will everyone else on the defense and Sorensen will still be the worst player relatively?

And what does the D-line have to do with him missing tackles? He needs help to tackle people?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:50 AM 10-13-2021
Yes
[Reply]
stevieray 09:55 AM 10-13-2021
NFL fans looking for a scapegoat in a team sport.

Film @ 11
[Reply]
ljmhawk 10:08 AM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Yes
lol ok….never mind the two 4 turnover games the offense has had.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up