ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>One of the biggest problems with this team
dlphg9 11:07 AM 10-11-2021
The coaching staff has an incredibly annoying obsession with starting not just mediocre, but absolutely terrible veterans. It's on both sides of the ball.

On defense, we have Dan "OhShitThatGuyIsBehindMe" Sorenson and Ben Nieman.

Ben seems to be phasing out with Willie Gay being available. Ben started last night, but only had 15 snaps on D, which is by far his lowest of the season and it seems that Willie Gay got most of those snaps as he was in 25 snaps. Hopefully this becomes the norm and we don't see him anymore.

The biggest fucking gripe and the most bullshit of all the bullshit, Dan. What in the actual fuck is going on in the coaching staffs brain? This lump of dog shit is such an integral part of our absolute dog shit D that he is playing 100% of the snaps? Juan Thornhill supposedly has to earn his playing time, so he got a messily 25 snaps yesterday. Dan was directly responsible for 2 TDs in the first half and didn't have to go to the bench for even 1 fucking play. He's been dog shit all year. I'd honestly rather see Armani Watts out there instead of that worthless piece of shit. Dan leads the world in missed tackles (7) and his buddy Ben is right behind him with (5).

Why won't the D coordinator of the worst defense I've ever witnessed hold Dan accountable?

On a side note, this D is really really bad. Allowing 32.6 PPG and if that holds up it will be the 2nd most PPG allowed since the NFL went to a 16 game schedule. Only the 1981 Baltimore Colts would have allowed more at 33.3 ppg.

Now onto Andy's shitty obsession. DeMarcus "ImRunningBackTowardsYouPatrick" Robinson. He consistently has the 2nd most reps of any of our WR and yet this is his stat line 5 weeks into the season.

245 snaps(70%), 10 Targets, 7 receptions, 80 yards, 1 TD

After being terrible and worthless the first 4 weeks, what does Andy do?

Puts him out there for 76% of our offenses plays.

How in the living hell does a #2 receiver on one of the most pass heavy teams in the league have only 7 catches in 5 games. Take out the Baltimore game and it's even more pathetic.

6 targets, 4 receptions, 34 yards

What in the actual fuck is Andy thinking? Why can't we just call up a practice squad lineman to do what Robinson is doing?

I'm not sure what Dan and DeMarcus have done or are doing, but the blind loyalty to the two most worthless fucks on this team is astounding.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:09 AM 10-11-2021
Dudes, every damn gripe doesn't need a new thread.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:23 AM 10-11-2021
This gripe is really good. All true.

Maybe Andy's time is winding down. Nothing lasts forever.

Maybe a younger coach with new ideas and more energy.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:40 AM 10-11-2021
The offense finally gave the defense a big bite. Of the shit sammy they have to swallow about every week this season. Message received, intended or not.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:53 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:

Lost me there. I'll never call for Andy to be fired or retire while Mahomes is here at least.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:03 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lost me there. I'll never call for Andy to be fired or retire while Mahomes is here at least.
Not calling for it but we have a great shot at missing the playoffs and probably will. If that happens again next year then we need a change.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:12 PM 10-11-2021
Defenses pick on Sorenson and Niemann. Giving those guys less snaps (hopefully close to 0 eventually) could dramatically improve the D. Have to hope that Gay can be an impact player.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:15 PM 10-11-2021
Not calling for it but we have a great shot at missing the playoffs and probably will. If that happens again next year then we need a change.
I don't see this at all. Even with horrible defense, this team should be 4-1 and they've played easily the toughest schedule so far. Not many teams would be better than 2-3 right now vs that schedule. I still expect a pretty solid record in the end.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:23 PM 10-11-2021
Andy has been keeping a bunch of JAGs on the roster, ever since he got here. He either makes friends with them or he just doesn't want to be bother with training new guys. Not sure which, but those roster spots should be used for training new players, who might turn out better than the old ones. Maybe we will hit a few diamonds too.

Maybe we would already have a legit #2 WR if we hadn't kept so many shit Wrs on the roster all this time. After Hill, the rest are pretty much shit. Hardman and Pringle have a little potential, but Andy should have found out for sure about them long ago. Why is that worthless POS shit Dieter still on the fucking Practice Squad? We are paying Mahomes a half a billion dollars, he can get over Dieter being cut.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:26 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Defenses pick on Sorenson and Niemann. Giving those guys less snaps (hopefully close to 0 eventually) could dramatically improve the D. Have to hope that Gay can be an impact player.
Buffalo targeted Sorenson wherever he went. It got them 21 points too. Every team will do the same from now on. If that idiot Spags sends Sorenson out there in man coverage again, he should be fired. Sorenson couldn't cover Andy Reid.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:52 PM 10-11-2021

The retardism of CP seems to be growing exponentially
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:43 PM 10-11-2021
Dumb OP.

Dan Sorenson and D. Robinson are not the reason the Chiefs are 2-3. Not saying they're playing well, because largely they aren't. But the 'success' lynchpin of the team doesn't hinge on those two guys.:-):-):-)

It hangs on the offense's inability to take care of the ball.

KC has turned the ball over 11 times, tied with JAC as the 31st/32nd worst teams in the league in total T/Os. Kc's ratio is better, hence the 31st ranking.

SFO is 30th, with just over half as many (7).

Mahomes is responsible for over half of those T/Os. At least statistically.

As others have already noted several times, if Mahomes doesn't throw half those picks, KC probably stands at 4-1 or at least 3-2 right now.

But no team in the NFL will ever win more games than they lose if they give the ball away 2.2+ times/game for a season.

Stop giving the ball away offense, and KC wins more games, and it almost won't matter how the defense plays (until the playoffs). Simple.

Oh, and Andy Reid doesn't throw the ball in games. Neither does Spags.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:56 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
The retardism of CP seems to be growing exponentially
Don't be mad your boy Sorensen is liquid shit.

Anyway Robinson is getting snaps because Mahomes hates Hardman, look at that body language.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:33 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Dumb OP.

Dan Sorenson and D. Robinson are not the reason the Chiefs are 2-3. Not saying they're playing well, because largely they aren't. But the 'success' lynchpin of the team doesn't hinge on those two guys.:-):-):-)

It hangs on the offense's inability to take care of the ball.

KC has turned the ball over 11 times, tied with JAC as the 31st/32nd worst teams in the league in total T/Os. Kc's ratio is better, hence the 31st ranking.

SFO is 30th, with just over half as many (7).

Mahomes is responsible for over half of those T/Os. At least statistically.

As others have already noted several times, if Mahomes doesn't throw half those picks, KC probably stands at 4-1 or at least 3-2 right now.

But no team in the NFL will ever win more games than they lose if they give the ball away 2.2+ times/game for a season.

Stop giving the ball away offense, and KC wins more games, and it almost won't matter how the defense plays (until the playoffs). Simple.

Oh, and Andy Reid doesn't throw the ball in games. Neither does Spags.
I didn't say they were THE reason, I said one of the biggest problems. It's a big one though. Dan may possibly be the worst starter on this entire team and is easily exploited. Robinson should be feasting, but the dude doesn't even get open.

So fuck off Lil Chiefy
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:42 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I didn't say they were THE reason, I said one of the biggest problems. It's a big one though. Dan may possibly be the worst starter on this entire team and is easily exploited. Robinson should be feasting, but the dude doesn't even get open.

So fuck off Lil Chiefy
:-)
Really. so how would you rank them in terms of everything else? Are they in the top 5? Because they aren't.

maybe the team should fix the other 5-7 things that are 'bigger' problems, instead of benching those two players, since that won't solve anything as it stands.

Just sayin' sweetheart.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up