ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ongoing St. Louis vs the NFL Litigation Thread
Rams Fan 09:40 PM 07-12-2021
So, as a TLDR warning, basically all these tweets are from today regarding rulings in St. Louis' lawsuit vs the NFL regarding the Rams relocation

Basically, the judge ruled heavily in the city's favor to continue moving forward in the legal process and it looks like this case will go to a jury trial at some point, meaning a bunch of dirty laundry concerning the league is about to be aired.

Tid-bit regarding the Chiefs is that it looks like Clark Hunt's financial information, as well as some other owners aside from Kroenke, will be shared with the city.

At STL City court...STL vs. NFL protective order to asess punitive damages. STL wants discovery of NFL assets, says the legal standard is straightforward.

— Randy Karraker (@RandyKarraker) July 12, 2021

STL says NFL & Kroenke committed "willful or outrageous or reckless act vs. plaintiff rights."

STL claims NFL kept discovery confidential. Email from Eric Gruman-"I'm trying to get some terrific L.A. opportunities to fruition under cover of darkness."

In deposition, Goodell held relocation guidelines in his hand. Was asked "are these mandatory?" (to abide by) Replied "Counselor, it says right here, (they are).

2014 Email from Demoff to NFL says L.A. land story is coming out. League responds "what should we say." Demoff provides talking points that Goodell uses in Super Bowl press conference, denying he knows land purchase by Kroenke is for stadium.

Peacock e-mail to Demoff telling him about National Car Rental naming rights deal. Demoff responds with link to YouTube video that screams "F it, I'm out."

STL has record of 2013 phone call with Kroenke, Goodell, Mara (Giants) and Rooney (Steelers). Kroenke says "I'm going to buy 2 parcels of land and build a stadium in L.A." Says we're trying very hard to stay under the radar screen and keep it hidden." Goodell: "We will respect

Your confidentiality. "

Other notes-NFL never intended to force Kroenke to negotiate in good faith.

Judge says he needs clear and convincing evidence that about 25 defendants operated in a fraudulent manner, and says he hasn't seen that. Says evidence is necessary to delve into individuals' finances.

STL attorney says they received relocation money. That's all we need to know. It was said in owners meeting STL would be harmed."

It was confirmed that the Arizona Cardinals voted against the Rams relocation. My sense is the Panthers were the other team that did.

Judge says preponderance of evidence exists against Mara, Kraft, Jones, Rooney...one other...for damages. Most NFL owners spared discovery of finances.

2 other nuggets: Jerry Jones admitted he urged Kroenke to move. Day after relocation vote, Rams signed contract w/ Jones Legends corp to sell PSL's and luxury boxes.

One quick correction: STL has the ability to investigate net worth of NFL, Goodell, Kroenke, Jones, Kraft, Mara, Richardson. They have 10 days to ask for right to investigate other owners. Apparently it's rare for a judge to rule from the bench, as he did for STL here.

In today's more than 2-hour hearing that was not publicly docketed, Judge Chris McGraugh said St. Louis plaintiffs showed sufficient evidence to get financials from NFL, Kroenke, Rams, Commissioner Goodell and team owners Jones, Mara, Kraft and Richardson. Story TK @stltoday https://t.co/sDJG6LMNgV

— Joel Currier (@joelcurrier) July 12, 2021

Correction. The judge did not list Goodell among those from whom St. Louis plaintiffs may get financial information. He mentioned Clark Hunt, owner of the KC Chiefs. @Ben_Fred https://t.co/bTnjbh9prn

— Joel Currier (@joelcurrier) July 12, 2021

[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:06 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Same. NFL may just wait for the appeals process but whatever financials get exposed when they open the books for punitive damages is going to sting mich worse than any damages they have to pay.
The silence from the national media is deafening, too.

Literally the only national media source that's at all covering this is Florio/PFT.

ESPN, CBS, Fox, are dead silent.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:15 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
We’re in this weird timeline where I’m cheering for St Louis
Gross.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:43 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Why do people feel the need to bash one city over the other when it should be about supporting the state as a whole?

St. Louis’ struggles aren’t good for Missouri as a whole. If KC and STL do well separately on all things, not just sports, everyone wins. Vice versus with KC.
Most of the people living in St. Louis hated when the Rams were there. Without a team they are getting many more Chiefs games on TV which is what the majority of the city wanted all along. I’m sure the majority of the city would rather just pay taxes to get Chiefs coverage like they are now than to pay for a stadium they only got to use once every preseason and when the league schedule made it a viable arrowhead east location.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:47 PM 09-22-2021
Maybe they would get the bills as settlement
[Reply]
Spott 04:41 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Or the Jaguars as punishment.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:43 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I gave them the Lions in Madden :-)
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:43 AM 09-23-2021
NFL needs to award Ferguson a team.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:23 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
The silence from the national media is deafening, too.

Literally the only national media source that's at all covering this is Florio/PFT.

ESPN, CBS, Fox, are dead silent.
None of those groups can afford an WWFL NFL that's angry with them.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:27 PM 10-13-2021

Judge now questions NFL attorney as to why months after he ordered owners to turn over financial documents NFL attorneys are now saying they’re just starting to look forward that info. NFL attorney argues that a mountain of material has been overlooked.

— Holden Kurwicki (@Holden_Kurwicki) October 13, 2021

Judge McGraugh again asks why info they’ve been asking for for months is still incomplete and financial info on businesses hasn’t been reported.

Judge McGraugh tells NFL Attorney: “This behavior cannot go on!”

NFL Attorney: “Let’s be practical here”

Judge: “I am being practical here. With all of your good intentions I don’t believe your clients are acting with good intentions”

STL Attorney says he wants all document production from all defendants within the next two weeks “since they’re working so hard on it”.

[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:39 PM 10-13-2021
Apparently Kroenke turned over 23,000 documents regarding his assets and net worth while Hunt, Mara, Kraft, and Jones haven’t.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:50 PM 10-13-2021
Between this and the WFT email shit, this is gonna be an interesting couple months for NFL owners.

It should be quite the show.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:21 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Matrix:
Still a ton more relevant than the Royals I'd say.
Maybe. Although, based on their current situations, I would say neither is very 'relevant' on the national level at the moment.

That being said, the Royals have been to 2 World Series in the last 7 years. How have the Cardinals done during that time frame?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:34 PM 10-27-2021

John Mara ��️ St. Louis:

"Mara said that Kroenke's change in position was ridiculous and that if Kroenke had not agreed to indemnify the league, the owners wouldn't have voted for him to move. He said anyone who was in the room in Houston when the vote was taken would know that."

— Daniel Wallach (@WALLACHLEGAL) October 27, 2021

[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:39 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I am looking forward to the NFL losing its lawsuit and paying millions to the city.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:45 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by :
But in 2019, an ESPN report on the Rams-Chargers marriage detailed that discovery in the lawsuit had turned up an email from an official affiliated with the competing Carson proposal that outlined to St. Louis authorities all the ways the Rams seemed to be in violation of the league's relocation policy, providing a blueprint for the city of St. Louis' lawsuit.
You can’t make this shit up. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up