ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Ongoing St. Louis vs the NFL Litigation Thread
Rams Fan 09:40 PM 07-12-2021
So, as a TLDR warning, basically all these tweets are from today regarding rulings in St. Louis' lawsuit vs the NFL regarding the Rams relocation

Basically, the judge ruled heavily in the city's favor to continue moving forward in the legal process and it looks like this case will go to a jury trial at some point, meaning a bunch of dirty laundry concerning the league is about to be aired.

Tid-bit regarding the Chiefs is that it looks like Clark Hunt's financial information, as well as some other owners aside from Kroenke, will be shared with the city.

At STL City court...STL vs. NFL protective order to asess punitive damages. STL wants discovery of NFL assets, says the legal standard is straightforward.

— Randy Karraker (@RandyKarraker) July 12, 2021

STL says NFL & Kroenke committed "willful or outrageous or reckless act vs. plaintiff rights."

STL claims NFL kept discovery confidential. Email from Eric Gruman-"I'm trying to get some terrific L.A. opportunities to fruition under cover of darkness."

In deposition, Goodell held relocation guidelines in his hand. Was asked "are these mandatory?" (to abide by) Replied "Counselor, it says right here, (they are).

2014 Email from Demoff to NFL says L.A. land story is coming out. League responds "what should we say." Demoff provides talking points that Goodell uses in Super Bowl press conference, denying he knows land purchase by Kroenke is for stadium.

Peacock e-mail to Demoff telling him about National Car Rental naming rights deal. Demoff responds with link to YouTube video that screams "F it, I'm out."

STL has record of 2013 phone call with Kroenke, Goodell, Mara (Giants) and Rooney (Steelers). Kroenke says "I'm going to buy 2 parcels of land and build a stadium in L.A." Says we're trying very hard to stay under the radar screen and keep it hidden." Goodell: "We will respect

Your confidentiality. "

Other notes-NFL never intended to force Kroenke to negotiate in good faith.

Judge says he needs clear and convincing evidence that about 25 defendants operated in a fraudulent manner, and says he hasn't seen that. Says evidence is necessary to delve into individuals' finances.

STL attorney says they received relocation money. That's all we need to know. It was said in owners meeting STL would be harmed."

It was confirmed that the Arizona Cardinals voted against the Rams relocation. My sense is the Panthers were the other team that did.

Judge says preponderance of evidence exists against Mara, Kraft, Jones, Rooney...one other...for damages. Most NFL owners spared discovery of finances.

2 other nuggets: Jerry Jones admitted he urged Kroenke to move. Day after relocation vote, Rams signed contract w/ Jones Legends corp to sell PSL's and luxury boxes.

One quick correction: STL has the ability to investigate net worth of NFL, Goodell, Kroenke, Jones, Kraft, Mara, Richardson. They have 10 days to ask for right to investigate other owners. Apparently it's rare for a judge to rule from the bench, as he did for STL here.

In today's more than 2-hour hearing that was not publicly docketed, Judge Chris McGraugh said St. Louis plaintiffs showed sufficient evidence to get financials from NFL, Kroenke, Rams, Commissioner Goodell and team owners Jones, Mara, Kraft and Richardson. Story TK @stltoday https://t.co/sDJG6LMNgV

— Joel Currier (@joelcurrier) July 12, 2021

Correction. The judge did not list Goodell among those from whom St. Louis plaintiffs may get financial information. He mentioned Clark Hunt, owner of the KC Chiefs. @Ben_Fred https://t.co/bTnjbh9prn

— Joel Currier (@joelcurrier) July 12, 2021

[Reply]
Matrix 01:11 PM 07-13-2021
To be fair, I have no issues with the Chiefs, but some of their fans need a reality check.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:13 PM 07-13-2021
Matrix enters the chat

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:17 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Matrix:
To be fair, I have no issues with the Chiefs, but some of their fans need a reality check.
You're trolling again. That's all you are doing. St Louis was a terrible football town. Atmosphere in that dump dome was a joke.

That said the NFL and Kroenke need to be held responsible for that shady bull shit.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:27 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Rams were 11th in attendance in 2019 with an average of 71,229 per game and that was in the shithole that is the Coliseum.
LOL

I was confusing the Chargers and Rams

Hard to keep LA teams I don’t care about apart even if one is in our division.

But making the Chargers break their LA lease without penalty and go play in St Louis would be funny to think about.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:28 PM 07-13-2021
sigh.

...another one.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:30 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
LOL

I was confusing the Chargers and Rams

Hard to keep LA teams I don’t care about apart even if one is in our division.

But making the Chargers break their LA lease without penalty and go play in St Louis would be funny to think about.
11th is pretty sad for an LA team in it's newlywed phase anyway.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:34 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Matrix enters the chat

while holding a pile of fresh dog poo telling everyone "look what I almost stepped in"!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:41 PM 07-13-2021
Who's this matrix retard?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:44 PM 07-13-2021
How bout those Cardinals?
[Reply]
oldman 01:48 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Matrix:
Kansas fan, I presume ?

It hasn't been a good 13 years for you on the gridiron.
But it's been a pretty fair ride in the basketball court.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:50 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Who's this matrix retard?
The hot load that dropped outta Mike Sam's ass has become sentient and is posting on our board.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
11th is pretty sad for an LA team in it's newlywed phase anyway.
You have no fucking idea of what you're talking about, as usual.

Parking is nearly non-existent near the Coliseum, while available parking for Rams games has been as high as $200.00 dollars per game.

The stadium itself is a shithole, with very few amenities, no restaurants and shitty, tiny seats that are made for college students, not adults. There's no shade at the stadium, which is why USC plays so many night games each year, so you're stuck in a undersized seat while being baked in the in the hot sun for 3.5 hours. The parking lot is miniscule and there's no way to really set up a huge tailgate, let alone, multiple tailgates.

It's a fucking miserable NFL experience, so it's surprising that they averaged 71,000+. The new stadium seats 72,000, which is smart, because fewer people attend NFL games with each passing year.
[Reply]
Spott 01:53 PM 07-13-2021
They stole their team from LA and now they’re pissed because they went back home? They had two chances and blew them both. St Louis isn’t a football town and never deserved a team. But at least they have a bigger airport which makes it easier to get the hell out of that shithole city.
[Reply]
Matrix 01:57 PM 07-13-2021
Well, it's kinda a big deal. Especially if you want others to know which state you're in.

At least they got a Super Bowl out of it. It must suck that the NBA Kings, Athletics, and NHL Scouts/Rockies/Devils didn't accomplish shit while they were in the city of fountains.
[Reply]
Matrix 02:01 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How bout those Cardinals?
Still a ton more relevant than the Royals I'd say.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up