« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Creed Humphrey Thread*****
Dante84 07:26 PM 04-30-2021
More to come!

All the fun draft stuff below.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RunKC 09:56 PM 04-30-2021
I’m still floored that this guy made it to 58. Just to clarify, OL this good do not fall that far. It had to have been the class. Lot of really good lineman that can play tackle or guard.

James Daniels, Dalton Risner, Elgton Jenkins, Erik McCoy. List goes on and on of talented OL that don’t make it out of the top 50.

We just got a tall, fairly strong (29 bench reps) athletic monster

Originally Posted by :
In every other discipline — the vertical jump (33 inches), the broad jump (112 inches), the bench press (29 reps), the 3-cone drill (7.54 seconds) and the 5-10-5 shuttle (4.46 seconds), Humphrey’s numbers Friday would have ranked in the top five among the 52 total offensive linemen who attended last year’s combine in Indianapolis.
Again, these guys never fall in the draft. it’s like Chris Jones all over again but on the other side of the ball.

Man what a fucking steal this was
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:56 PM 04-30-2021
We got the best OC in the draft, and that's pretty much a consensus, and we got him at #63. How that **** is that not good value? The final piece to a complete offensive line rebuild in two months?

**** that guy.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:57 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Craig is good because I like his thoughts on defensive players. Kent is iffy sometimes. Matt Lane just sounds like a douche every time he talks.
Have you seen him? Speaks for itself.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:58 PM 04-30-2021
The Chiefs were busy putting together the last piece of the puzzle to a completely rebuilt OL with some serious upside.

They don’t give a fuck about your philosophy on positional value. They’re trying to win Super Bowls, not get clicks and look smarter than everybody in the room.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:59 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We got the best OC in the draft, and that's pretty much a consensus, and we got him at #63. How that **** is that not good value? The final piece to a complete offensive line rebuild in two months?

**** that guy.
But he’s a C and they don’t help your football team as much as other positions!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:59 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Huh.

That's actually a little worrisome. I wonder if they're thinking guard for him
It's dumb nonsense. Humphrey is a stud and a former wrestler.

The dude is going to be a monster for the Chiefs because if there's anything in this world that Andy Reid knows, it's offensive lineman.

Reid took a shit load of scrubs last year, most of whom wouldn't start for a single game for a single team in the NFL last year, coached them to 18-2 and one win shy of a second consecutive Super Bowl.

I can understand the trepidation with Nick Bolton because most people haven't seen him in a game before, myself included. As you know, CBS shows a ton of SEC games every Saturday but I've rarely, if ever, seen a game in which Mizzou was featured.

But Humphrey? With Reid, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the Hall of Fame.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:00 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Did they not watch Reiter get abused like the gimp from Pulp Fiction two months ago?
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:01 PM 04-30-2021
Just by facial features looks like our Mongo. Not sorry if Q
[Reply]
RunKC 10:02 PM 04-30-2021
Did they not watch Reiter get abused like the gimp from Pulp Fiction two months ago?
It’s going to be amazing watching Clyde get 5 yard gains on 3rd and 1 this season :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:02 PM 04-30-2021
Doesn’t matter they should’ve taken another position even if they didn’t feel that player was a fit, or felt comfortable with his medicals, or had some concerns about their love for footballs etc! It’s an exact science man! RB, LB, IOL are BAD in first 2 rounds!
[Reply]
Dante84 10:02 PM 04-30-2021
Yeah - this is a homerun pick. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either overthinking it, or an idiot.
[Reply]
Coach 10:03 PM 04-30-2021
https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com...umphrey/page/1

I think this is a good better indicator of where most mock drafts had him going. A lot of them had him going late first round.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:09 PM 04-30-2021
This kind of pick is EXACTLY the sort of thing you need to do when you're a perennial contender drafting at the bottom of every round.

You take the BEST player at what some may consider LESSER positions, when it's a need. You don't reach for guys.
[Reply]
Coach 10:12 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And that's where that guy doesn't understand it. Humphrey has to be a smart guy (which obviously he is, since he graduated with a degree in finance) in order to identify and recognize the defense and set protection calls.

That helps your football team as much as other positions.
[Reply]
oldman 10:13 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Matt Lane hated the Thuney signing because “you don’t pay a guard that much money”.
You do when you have a half a billion dollar QB for the next 10 years.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 51
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up