ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 192
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
tredadda 09:29 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That’s the thing. This isn’t a deep LT draft. It’s a deep OT draft but a lot of them don’t fit the requirements that Reid looks for in his LT. That’s why they traded for Brown.
No disagreement in the fact that most of these OTs don't fit with what Reid likes to do, but they might profile well as LTs for someone else. That's what I was getting at as to why Baltimore trades to us for less than they could have in other years. We didn't have to come off as desperate plus the market for him was cooler because of the deep draft.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:30 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
If Eric Eagor was the GM of the Chiefs we would be 0-16 within 3 years even with Mahomes.

The guy is a clown.

Petro’s show has gone to hell.

Eager & Teicher are his Chiefs “experts”.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:31 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
Long-term this is a better move than getting Trent Williams. I commend Veach and company for landing a quality player and not having to give up too much. The Chiefs just got better with this move.

Absolutely

Brown is 24.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:48 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

! :-) !
[Reply]
kccrow 09:52 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I dont think the ravens got fleeced either. I think it was actually a fair deal for both teams. BUT, if they let him walk after next season they most likely getba 3rd round comp pick for him and got his services for another year. What they got from us was the equivalent of the 45th pick in terms of value. So they went from approx pick 100 in next years draft to the 45th pick in this draft by trading him now. Thats not great value for a player who's shown he can play lt at a high level. And browns draft spot 3 years ago is irrelevant at this stage in the game.
All composite value aside, they still turned a player that was going to be disgruntled because he wasn't going to get the LT job back no matter what into a move from 58 to 31 and gave themselves the ammunition to move up 5-7 slots from 27 if they choose with the extra 3 and 4, or move up even more in the 3rd.

They have positioned themselves to rebuild their pass rush and add another receiving option or defensive lineman on day 1 at this point and they could give Tyre Phillips competition at RT on late day 2 with a move for a guy like Jackson Carman or Tommy Doyle.

Baltimore got enough value to build up rather than making a lateral move, and that's a big key to the trade in my opinion.

Giving them a round 1 like Tryon/Barmore with Carman/Collins in 3 or something similar could be a huge boost for that team.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:00 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not an expert on the deal but I don't know that there is alot of "downside" per se.

They have Stanley at LT, who is All-Pro calibur. He got hurt, so they kicked Brown from RT to LT to cover for him last year.

Now Brown doesn't want to go back to RT. They aren't moving Stanley out of that LT spot to keep Brown there, certainly. Stanley is even better than Brown.

I'd say, if there is any downside, it's that Brown is probably a little big, a little slower footed, than what what Reid typically likes. It would do him well to drop about 15 pounds IMO. Other than that, I'm not sure there is much not to like.

I think, for Baltimore, it's getting some pretty great value for a guy they took in the later 3rd round and who doesn't want to play RT for them anymore.

I don't think Baltimore really got "fleeced" by us. You pick of a 1st, 3rd, and 4th for a 3rd round pick player and 2nd, you did okay in flipping draft resources. Would they have preferred that Brown went back to RT with no quarrels? No doubt about it. They would have had the best bookends in the NFL, bar none.
Nah, the Ravens got fleeced.

Trading a young blindside protector who can play both tackle spots well, already a multi time pro bowler, (at both sides) and will still get better, for about a mid 2nd in value is not great value.

The Ravens really didn't have a choice and did as well as they could considering the circumstances, but they didn't do well.

A player of his caliber is worth a definite first round pick and probably more.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:05 AM 04-24-2021
I feel like we as a collective ‘Chiefs Kingdom’ got our swagger fully back yesterday. Not only as fans but the team too.

SB55 left that awful awful taste and it was going to take some really shrewd moves to make everyone feel like we were 100% ready to get back to the dance again. Well, I’ve got that feeling now. For the first time since January, I truly think the only thing keeping Kansas City from another SB is injury. *knocks on wood*

Let’s roll, I want and expect the rematch.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:05 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Nah, the Ravens got fleeced.

Trading a young blindside protector who can play both tackle spots well, already a multi time pro bowler, (at both sides) and will still get better, for about a mid 2nd in value is not great value.

The Ravens really didn't have a choice and did as well as they could considering the circumstances, but they didn't do well.

A player of his caliber is worth a definite first round pick and probably more.
We said the same when we traded away Peters in a related, albeit not identical, situation. We came out better for it in the long run.

The Ravens are set up better than they were to address their needs, composite value be damned. That's more important than perceived value. If a team was willing to straight up give a 1st, or even a high 2nd, they would have taken the offer rather than making this trade with KC. So, obviously, teams weren't knocking down their door with better.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:07 AM 04-24-2021
We said the same when we traded away Peters in a related, albeit not identical, situation. We came out better for it in the long run.

The Ravens are set up better than they were to address their needs, composite value be damned. That's more important than perceived value. If a team was willing to straight up give a 1st, or even a high 2nd, they would have taken the offer rather than making this trade with KC. So, obviously, teams weren't knocking down their door with better.
The Ravens like having draft picks and now they have a bunch of them.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:09 AM 04-24-2021

Not a lot of drafts have up to possibly 8 players you could talk about as a first rounder at Offensive Tackle.

Any other year and they're getting a one plus more. It sucks for them but that's life.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:11 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I feel like we as a collective ‘Chiefs Kingdom’ got our swagger fully back yesterday. Not only as fans but the team too.

SB55 left that awful awful taste and it was going to take some really shrewd moves to make everyone feel like we were 100% ready to get back to the dance again. Well, I’ve got that feeling now. For the first time since January, I truly think the only thing keeping Kansas City from another SB is injury. *knocks on wood*

I don’t want to see that cheating fuck in a game that matters ever again.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:13 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I hope they draft a DE and then sign Ingram. Bolster the pass rush and go scorched Earth on these motherfuckers
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:15 AM 04-24-2021
Tampa isn't going back
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:17 AM 04-24-2021
It wouldn't surprise me if Bruce Valanche isn't done. He could package the two two's to move up in the second round and get that receiver from Florida, or he could trade a two for maybe a couple three's to get back what we gave away in the trade. His flexibility here is great. I think he's going to have a really good draft.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:17 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Tampa isn't going back
Who in the NFC do you see preventing that barring a huge rash of injuries?
[Reply]
Page 55 of 192
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up