ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 192
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Bowser 12:57 PM 08-15-2021
There was a shot during the game showing Smith, Humphrey and Brown all standing together at the end of a play, and they just dwarfed everyone around them.

We have an absolute unit of an offensive line.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:01 PM 08-15-2021
-Niang didn't make any glaring mistakes but I don't believe the way is shut for Remmers. That battle continues. Hopefully Remmers will be healthy soon.

-Creed and Smith are virtual locks for week one in my book. They looked really good, especially Smith. He'll have a bid at All-Pro if he keeps this up.

-Brown had a bit of a problem with that speed rush. But he let his guy run past the QB. Not bad.

-Thuney, Mr. Reliable. Love it.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:11 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
There was a shot during the game showing Smith, Humphrey and Brown all standing together at the end of a play, and they just dwarfed everyone around them.

We have an absolute unit of an offensive line.
Thuney is a savvy technician. Brown,Humphrey and Smith are big,strong athletes who have huge potential. The fact that they are already starting means so much. Smith and Humphrey can both handle DT's by themselves. That frees up Thuney to go to the second level and take out a linebacker.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:11 PM 08-15-2021
I fully expect to see defenses send a stunt where the DE speeds outside and a delay blitz comes through the inside. We’ll need a RB capable of picking that up, or, even better, Patrick throws a screen to that side.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:16 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
-Niang didn't make any glaring mistakes but I don't believe the way is shut for Remmers. That battle continues. Hopefully Remmers will be healthy soon.

-Creed and Smith are virtual locks for week one in my book. They looked really good, especially Smith. He'll have a bid at All-Pro if he keeps this up.

-Brown had a bit of a problem with that speed rush. But he let his guy run past the QB. Not bad.

-Thuney, Mr. Reliable. Love it.
Niang is the RT on the unofficial depth chart, has taken 98% of the first team reps at camp and is gelling with Pat and the rest of the line...plus has now performed very well in the first preseason game whilst showing vast improvement day by day.

Meanwhile Remmers, who was ahead of Lucas purely because of experience and not physical gifts or skills, has been out of camp with a back issue (he also got injured last season aswell) and missed this game yesterday.

If it was Mitch waiting to come back I'd agree...but Remmers? He was decent last year but let's not go overboard. Unless Niang goes backwards between now and the Browns game I'd be surprised to see him lose his spot tbh.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:27 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Niang is the RT on the unofficial depth chart, has taken 98% of the first team reps at camp and is gelling with Pat and the rest of the line...plus has now performed very well in the first preseason game whilst showing vast improvement day by day.

Meanwhile Remmers, who was ahead of Lucas purely because of experience and not physical gifts or skills, has been out of camp with a back issue (he also got injured last season aswell) and missed this game yesterday.

If it was Mitch waiting to come back I'd agree...but Remmers? He was decent last year but let's not go overboard. Unless Niang goes backwards between now and the Browns game I'd be surprised to see him lose his spot tbh.
If Remmers is out much longer, Veach needs to consider looking for a reserve tackle. Hard to trust a tackle with a back issue.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:27 PM 08-15-2021

No one cares about what you think. I mean that with all kindness and sincerity.
[Reply]
srvy 02:27 PM 08-15-2021

The medical staff has said they don't believe his back is much to worry about just being cautious. AS forthcoming as our medical staff is we may not see him for a while.

I personally would get as many looks in on Niang as possible during the preseason. What I have noticed that's unusual to me is Niang has a tendency to bunnyhop in pass protection. I don't know if its good or bad just looks strange.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:28 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If Remmers is out much longer, Veach needs to consider looking for a reserve tackle. Hard to trust a tackle with a back issue.
No shit. The best ability is availability.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:57 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
No shit. The best ability is availability.
A Marty Schottenheimer saying that he coined
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:52 PM 08-15-2021
Line looked great
[Reply]
saphojunkie 06:34 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I fully expect to see defenses send a stunt where the DE speeds outside and a delay blitz comes through the inside. We’ll need a RB capable of picking that up, or, even better, Patrick throws a screen to that side.
I was just thinking this and then read your post
[Reply]
saphojunkie 06:35 PM 08-15-2021
Go away, Remmers. I blame your turd play for the super bowl
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:12 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Go away, Remmers. I blame your turd play for the super bowl
He should have never been left alone to guard anyone on that TB line, and that's on EB and Big Red for not adapting their strategy.

We got beat, and we can't blame that on Remmers.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:23 PM 08-15-2021
Anyone notice how happy Mahomes seemed in his sideline interview? I think he knows how much better this line is than what he’s used to.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 192
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162 > Last »
Up