ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 192
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:59 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
To be fair, nobody saw Priest Holmes coming. He was undrafted and IIRC was decent, but not a world beater before KC.
Uh, that's false. Holmes was a 1,000 yard rusher for the Ravens and had a highly acclaimed college career before blowing his ACL just before his senior season at Texas.

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
He and Kareem Hunt IMO are proof that they system makes a difference with a lot of players, especially running backs.
No, they're not. Hunt has played well in Cleveland in limited touches and Priest Holmes was a very good running back before signing with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:00 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Willie Roaf, Brian Waters, Casey Wiegmann, Will Shields, and John Tait made Priest Holmes.
Nah.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 05:22 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
So the Chiefs offense winning a Super Bowl the full season after Kareem Hunt’s departure wasn’t good enough in your “humble and proud opinion”?
Where did you get the impression a SB wasn’t good enough for me? I’ve been waiting for a SB for 30 something years. Hunt was a better blocker and had a burst of speed when he needed it. Also, I’lm definitely not giving up on CEH.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:06 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Uh, that's false. Holmes was a 1,000 yard rusher for the Ravens and had a highly acclaimed college career before blowing his ACL just before his senior season at Texas.

No, they're not. Hunt has played well in Cleveland in limited touches and Priest Holmes was a very good running back before signing with the Chiefs.
Holmes ran for 1008 yards with 7 TD in '98. Then he was a part-time player for the next two years. Like Damien Williams type numbers in touches and production. Worse in '99, roughly that in '00. His second highest yardage total: 588 yards.

Then he exploded for three seasons here behind that Roaf, Shields, Waters, Wiegmann, Tait line for an average of over 1500 yards, and more than three times his previous high in TD's.

Holmes was a smart and patient runner, and he did far more behind that line than he'd ever even come close to doing before.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:02 PM 06-08-2021
Holmes ran for 1008 yards with 7 TD in '98. Then he was a part-time player for the next two years. Like Damien Williams type numbers in touches and production. Worse in '99, roughly that in '00. His second highest yardage total: 588 yards.

Then he exploded for three seasons here behind that Roaf, Shields, Waters, Wiegmann, Tait line for an average of over 1500 yards, and more than three times his previous high in TD's.

Holmes was a smart and patient runner, and he did far more behind that line than he'd ever even come close to doing before.
This is accurate.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:48 AM 06-09-2021

"Ay, I got about 8 inches off the ground." 🎙 @ZEUS__57 pic.twitter.com/ddNoTKmgR6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 9, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:06 PM 06-09-2021
Love this guy so much. Pat's blindside is blocked.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:17 PM 06-09-2021
"5.85, that's the official 40, Pat"

Haha
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:32 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The Chiefs totally know what they have here. We're talking about a cornerstone piece here.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:05 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Chiefs totally know what they have here. We're talking about a cornerstone piece here.
Hope Bert has the checkbook earmarked and ready to go. I know they have a plan; I just want to see it through.

When he said (paraphrased), "Pat doesn't have to worry about my guy" I believe him and I'm guessing Pat does too.

I'm not saying Pat has fantasies about his clean pocket, but I'm guessing Pat has fantasies about his clean pocket. Brittney is a solid #2 option, though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:09 PM 06-09-2021
Lets not forget the All-Pro LG in his prime helping that blind spot too. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 06-09-2021
Hope Bert has the checkbook earmarked and ready to go. I know they have a plan; I just want to see it through.

When he said (paraphrased), "Pat doesn't have to worry about my guy" I believe him and I'm guessing Pat does too.

I'm not saying Pat has fantasies about his clean pocket, but I'm guessing Pat has fantasies about his clean pocket. Brittney is a solid #2 option, though.
There's no way they traded for him without having an idea of how to get a long-term deal done.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:31 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Dude. He grew up 30 minutes from Cleveland. He played high school football in a suburb of Cleveland. He went to college in Toledo. Of course he loves Cleveland. He has a hundred reasons to stay in Cleveland, except for making more money.
Pretty sure Khunt is making more money on the side than we realize BECAUSE he's in Cleveland...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:32 PM 08-15-2021
Willie Roaf, Brian Waters, Casey Wiegmann, Will Shields, and John Tait made Derrick Blaylock.
Fixed.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:46 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Lets not forget the All-Pro LG in his prime helping that blind spot too. :-)
Yep. The injuries to Long and LDT have led to Trey Smith getting the RG position too. It's looking like he's never going to let it go either. Humphrey might not ever give up the Center position, either.

How good is Niang appears to be our only question going forward. We have 2 rookies good enough to take the starter roles on game 1 of the preseason. Both of them are physically dominant too, so they will only get better and better.

Oline is looking promising.

A better Oline brings a better running game, better protection for Mahomes. As these young guys improve(including Brown) our offense should become more consistent and still retain its explosiveness. :-)
[Reply]
Page 111 of 192
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161 > Last »
Up