ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 192
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 09:41 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
He talks about this car. Pretty sure it’s what he drives on a regular basis.
Im sure he has a truck or an SUV or something far less of a pain in the ass.

Especially if it's a 396 big block car. Yuck.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:45 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
When you consider the need, trade compensation, and the alternatives, this absolutely is in line to be the second best personnel move of the Reid era.

To pull this off is incredible. We had a huge need and got the second best option, arguably the best when you consider Trent Williams’s age.

Absolute home run.
Yep. It's a move that just rarely ever happens and that's why it has to the potential to be so special.

On the one hand, you have a guy that has played in 48 of 48 games with 42 starts and two Pro Bowl nods.

On the other hand, you have a guy that's 24 years old, is still learning the game, and has the chance to be here paired with Mahomes for the next 6-8 years at the very least.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:46 AM 06-04-2021
What i always found odd about athletes and muscle cars is that they often have shitty resto-mods lol.

All that damn money but rarely do i see a car that's actually impressive. It's like they can't find a decent shop, or don't have the patience to wait for a good build.

Back in the day i sent a media package to CAA hoping that they'd put some of my shop's brochures out there on a table or something for athletes who may be passing by. I don't know if they ever did lol, i could never talk to anyone over there. Too much of a small fry i guess. Or maybe they just don't do that kinda stuff.

But it always struck me as odd that these high profile athletes always had kinda whack muscle cars.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:46 AM 06-04-2021
When you consider the need, trade compensation, and the alternatives, this absolutely is in line to be the second best personnel move of the Reid era.

To pull this off is incredible. We had a huge need and got the second best option, arguably the best when you consider Trent Williams’s age.

Absolute home run.
Agree 100%

This kid is like the Mahomes of OTs.

I feel like its karma for how/why we lost K. Hunt.

I can't wait for the season to start.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:56 AM 06-04-2021
Best left side of an OL in the league right now.

If Humphrey is what we think he can be, then that’s the best LT-LG-C trio in football.

The right side is fucking exciting too. Love the idea of a best 2 of LDT, Long, Remmers, and Niang. That side will at least be pretty good with great upside.

Our OL could easily be top 3.
One thumbs up away. If this goes gold by the end of the day, Chiefs will have an elite OL. Who will put us over the top?
[Reply]
Hoover 10:04 AM 06-04-2021
Trading for Brown was a slam dunk move by Veach, huge area of need, young proven talent who talks about his desire to be a hall of famer. My God.

BUT, I think the drafting of Creed Humphries might be just as important. He transforms the OL as much as all the other additions do IMO. It was a weird draft, and the Chiefs addressing the Line like they did sets this team up extremely well for the. future.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:10 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why are you talking about him like he’s some unproven rookie?

We already know he doesn’t “suck”.

He’s a young ascending player that’s already really ****ing good. Beyond injury, there’s no reason to even think he might “suck”.

Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)

Yep, I wish the Chiefs would have watched some tape on him or something instead of just trading for this guy willy-nilly like that.

Do we even know if this is really Orlando Brown?

I think Breeland Speaks is catfishing us- using the same number gave him away.

Ravens pulled the old Ebay switcheroo on us.

You guys know I'm not Peter King, right?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:12 AM 06-04-2021
One thumbs up away. If this goes gold by the end of the day, Chiefs will have an elite OL. Who will put us over the top?
We did it!!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:19 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It doesn't and will never ride like a caddy. And aftermarket fuel injection still sucks.

You'd get sick of it pretty quick as a daily driver.

Vintage air sucks too. And new A/C kits don't work as well as new factory air.

I build $200,000 Mustangs. And no matter how much new shit you put into it, it's never like a new factory car.

Certainly a shit ton better than one built in the 60's. But nothing like a modern performance car.
Thats cool that you build them, but your also talking to someone who drives a big block, manual valve body back halfed chevy II to work 4 months out of the year. Theres more to be said about old school cool for some people than creature comforts. And when i say aftermarket EFI im talking Holley terminator set ups. I know several people daily driving systems like that. It's real quality EFI no a sniper system or some upgraded tbi junk.

Did not know you built cars thats badass!
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:26 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Theres more to be said about old school cool for some people than creature comforts.
While that's certainly true, as the personality of a car and the emotion and nostalgia it gives you is a very real thing. I spend most of my days helping customers make their old car feel as close to their new one as possible.

From the shop/fab side of things, i have 4 Mustangs in my shop right now that are all 5.0 Coyote swap cars with all the creature comfort gadgets such as power door locks, power windows, blue tooth fucking everything, coil over suspensions, 6 speed transmissions, blah blah blah blah.

The latest one being a '69 Sportsroof where the customer decided he didn't wanna deal with the 390 so we're dropping a '17 5.0 Coyote in it with a T56.

On the parts sales side of things, the stuff that mostly gets bought are, again, modern-ish type upgrades such as L.E.D lighting, power door locks/windows, Blue-tooth distributors with real time timing maps that you can adjust on your phone....shit like that.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:36 PM 06-04-2021
All this talk about Brown's potential combined with Humphrey if he pans out the way the consensus thinks he might, and zero talk about Thuney. This left side is going to maul motherfuckers, and I for one am looking forward to watching CEH run and catch screens behind this line.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:43 PM 06-04-2021
Yeah but also if CEH still can't be effective at the goal line the Chiefs need to start looking for his replacement. I believe he's going to be awesome still, my point is there won't be any excuses moving forward.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:44 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
While that's certainly true, as the personality of a car and the emotion and nostalgia it gives you is a very real thing. I spend most of my days helping customers make their old car feel as close to their new one as possible.

From the shop/fab side of things, i have 4 Mustangs in my shop right now that are all 5.0 Coyote swap cars with all the creature comfort gadgets such as power door locks, power windows, blue tooth fucking everything, coil over suspensions, 6 speed transmissions, blah blah blah blah.

The latest one being a '69 Sportsroof where the customer decided he didn't wanna deal with the 390 so we're dropping a '17 5.0 Coyote in it with a T56.

On the parts sales side of things, the stuff that mostly gets bought are, again, modern-ish type upgrades such as L.E.D lighting, power door locks/windows, Blue-tooth distributors with real time timing maps that you can adjust on your phone....shit like that.
If I had the disposable income, and I don't, I'd have an Eleanor or a 1969 Mach1 428 Cobra Jet. I'd have it restored to original as closely as I could get it (something about the smell of those old leather/vinyl seats) with the sound system being the only exception. I'd have the bangingest, bassiest setup I could squeeze in there. I know that's heresy to purists, but that's the only Pimp My Ride shit I would do to either of those cars.

You are now and forever Detoxingibit. Lol
[Reply]
Hoover 12:44 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
All this talk about Brown's potential combined with Humphrey if he pans out the way the consensus thinks he might, and zero talk about Thuney. This left side is going to maul mother****ers, and I for one am looking forward to watching CEH run and catch screens behind this line.
Thuney will be under appreciated because of his position, but the dude got paid.

Credit to Veach for going after that guy
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:45 PM 06-04-2021
I guess there's nothing to talk about with Thuney, he's great, he's gonna be great, he's gonna start...case closed
[Reply]
Page 108 of 192
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158 > Last »
Up