ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The greatest play in the history of golf?
Hammock Parties 08:47 AM 11-11-2020

From pond to pin! Rahm skips to a hole-in-one on No. 16 at #themasters pic.twitter.com/JNNPWgW9OP

— The Masters (@TheMasters) November 10, 2020

[Reply]
RockChalk 10:34 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Who here has had a hole in one. I haven't. I have made a number of Eagles, never a hole in one.
I have 1. Father's Day about 10 years ago at Alvamar (Lawrence, KS) on Hole #12.

The hole/course no longer exist, as they completely redid the course a few years ago and renamed it Jayhawk Club.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:34 AM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Bored

This has been done before. Many times actually. It's something they do at the Masters each year.
When they actually..made it though?
[Reply]
Old Dog 11:44 AM 11-11-2020
Who here has had a hole in one. I haven't. I have made a number of Eagles, never a hole in one.
Made one last May on a 125 yard par three. Have come close many times prior and since, but that's the only one so far.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:49 AM 11-11-2020
I think it's hole #16 or #15 at Augusta, something like that. It's a par 3 on the back where if the pin is in a certain spot the ball just funnels to the hole. I've got a couple hole and ones on that one on my golf simulator, but that doesn't really count. It's a weird hole, most holes you can hit 500 shots and have no chance. That hole with that pin you can get it like 1 out of 300 times on a good shot. Probably has the most hole in ones on avg per shot than any par 3 in golf major history. Seems like they always put that pin like that on Sat or Sunday for excitement.
[Reply]
Kman34 12:06 PM 11-11-2020
Lee Trevino started the tradition of skipping the ball on #16 on the practice round years ago.. I think a few players have made it that way too.. I read a article about it yesterday but can't remember where..

I have made one hole in one at a 135 yd par three at Liberty Hills # 4.. Course is now closed..
[Reply]
RockChalk 12:11 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
When they actually..made it though?
Yes. They set that hole up for players to try it exactly the way Rahm did. It's been made many times.

I'm not saying it's not an impressive shot, but it's certainly not the greatest play in golf history. Not even close, especially considering it being done during practice.
[Reply]
philfree 12:37 PM 11-11-2020
He didn't make a hole in one but my dad(rip) skipped one off a carp's back and onto the green one day. My dad was always lucky like that.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:39 PM 11-11-2020
I did in a tournament. Only one I have ever had.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 12:41 PM 11-11-2020
I have had two hole in ones and one double eagle.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:47 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I think it's hole #16 or #15 at Augusta, something like that. It's a par 3 on the back where if the pin is in a certain spot the ball just funnels to the hole. I've got a couple hole and ones on that one on my golf simulator, but that doesn't really count. It's a weird hole, most holes you can hit 500 shots and have no chance. That hole with that pin you can get it like 1 out of 300 times on a good shot. Probably has the most hole in ones on avg per shot than any par 3 in golf major history. Seems like they always put that pin like that on Sat or Sunday for excitement.
It's 16. Mid back left allows for shots hit 20 feet right and 10 feet short to 10 feet long to funnel down to the pin.

15 is the longer of the par 5 holes on the back with water fronting the green and a shaved bank that grabs short approaches.
[Reply]
Scaga 12:57 PM 11-11-2020
Woo-hoo....I get to brag.
I've had 3...but then again I'm 53 now and started playing when I was 6.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:58 PM 11-11-2020
I shot a jack rabbit in the head at 100 yards when it was running full speed with an HMR .17

True story.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:21 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I shot a jack rabbit in the head at 100 yards when it was running full speed with an HMR .17

True story.
Oh yeah? Well when I was 19, I did a guy in Laos with a rifle shot at a thousand yards in high wind. Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could have made that shot. It's the only thing I was ever good at...
[Reply]
Pointer19 03:24 PM 11-11-2020
I have never shot par on a single hole across the handful of rounds I’ve played.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:53 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I watched that whole video and didn't see Paige Spiranac anywhere. What am I missing?
This guy gets it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up