ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 707 of 3903
« First < 207607657697703704705706707 70870971071171775780712071707 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kcxiv 07:48 PM 03-24-2020
being smart about the situation? Thats what i would call it! The hospitals in big cities would i dont even want to imagine what it would be like working in one if folks just went back to the way it was right now.

As it is, they have my dad on lockdown, i cant even go give him a hug or anything. Its just him and his damn dog and the 1 person that helps him out (his good friend) that are allowed to go over there. He even gets his damn meals on wheels. He's gonna be like that for a while.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:50 PM 03-24-2020
So people are getting forms that say they can be moving around??? I didn't think this was a total lockdown
[Reply]
petegz28 07:50 PM 03-24-2020
Italy is the only country with over 3,800 deaths assuming you believe China. They have proven to be quite the anomaly. We are closer to South Korea than we are Italy. I don't know where people get the idea that will somehow pass everyone one else in the world and have 3,800 deaths by next week when no where else in the world save Italy has had that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:51 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
So people are getting forms that say they can be moving around??? I didn't think this was a total lockdown
No KC is in lockdown the cops have said they arent stopping anyone it's more reactionary bullshit from modern pussies in our society
[Reply]
eDave 07:52 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I haven't played politics in this thread at all.

And definitely not today.

Chill out.
As numbers increase at an exponential rate, you, and the dumbass you heard it from, are saying the worst is over.

Don't fucking tell me to chill out. The worst is not over, you dummy. Not by a long shot.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:52 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No KC is in lockdown the cops have said they arent stopping anyone it's more reactionary bullshit from modern pussies in our society
My work is deemed essential but I'm working from home. I need to go to the office at some point to get some shit I need. Was just wondering what the fuck that's about
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:53 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Math? This isn't some pre-determined formula. Your math appears to be void of some significant variables.
It absolutely is math. The only variables we control are the R0 and the number of ventilators we have.

This was true last week and it will be true next week.

Hopefully the drugs work. Hopefully we get more ventilators. But absent that the numbers are going up.

Just look at today. 10,000+ new cases. How many of those people do you think are going to die? Then go back 8 days and apply that percentage to the total new cases from 8 days ago. See the problem in your thinking?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:53 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I agree with you that as far as limiting the damage this virus does lives wise that's definitely the right solution but like another poster said many Americans just can't afford that. They won't be able to pay their bills and could end up homeless.

It's a tough situation. Hopefully there is some type of middle ground that will work.
Every country is in the same spot. The only way out of this economically is to resolve or mitigate it medically.

I don’t know your age but if you remember post 9/11, fear kept people from spending money and resuming normal lives. Same thing is going to happen here. Bars, restaurants, airlines, cruise ships and all these industry’s slated for bailouts won’t be saved by customers flocking to their businesses in 18 days.

But, if we lift it too early, all the sacrifice we have made so far by social distancing can be lost.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:53 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
As numbers increase at an exponential rate, you, and the dumbass you heard it from, are saying the worst is over.

Don't fucking tell me to chill out. The worst is not over, you dummy. Not by a long shot.
I respect your opinion and wish you no "repercussions," though I disagree.

Good day sir, and don't forget to wash your hands.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:53 PM 03-24-2020
It isn't. I have no idea why people are getting these letters. My Wife got one and I have no concern over it all and told her she will never, ever have to use it.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 07:54 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
They should have just shut down everything for a month. The problem is they’re allowing people to move around inside the country. If you lock it down you could probably have been more judicious with who you lock down for a longer period of time. But China showed you need two solid months to eliminate the problem and you need to restrict movement as much as possible.

Doing what we’re doing now slows the progress but it won’t stop it until we shut down (again, absent a drug therapy that works).

It is math.
Your logic is sound and I won't debate that, but good luck convincing me that a mass death of the elderly wouldn't be beneficial to mankind...

And with that I'm out

Have fun debating this fellas and ladies
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:54 PM 03-24-2020

[Reply]
eDave 07:54 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I respect your opinion and wish you no "repercussions," though I disagree.

Good day sir, and don't forget to wash your hands.
Yea, run along. Stop posting bullshit.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:55 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
You've posted blatant shit throughout that has been bullshit. Which makes your opinion bullshit.

Spouting political talking points has reprocussions yet you get away with it.
This thread appears to be the "its only OK to spew end of the world opinions and stories thread" rather than a non political one.
[Reply]
O.city 07:55 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Italy is the only country with over 3,800 deaths assuming you believe China. They have proven to be quite the anomaly. We are closer to South Korea than we are Italy. I don't know where people get the idea that will somehow pass everyone one else in the world and have 3,800 deaths by next week when no where else in the world save Italy has had that.
It’s just starting everywhere else
[Reply]
Page 707 of 3903
« First < 207607657697703704705706707 70870971071171775780712071707 > Last »
Up