ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 611 of 3903
« First < 111511561601607608609610611 61261361461562166171111111611 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 10:40 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
remember that Monday when people started taking this seriously, Tom Hanks announced he was positive and the sports leagues started shutting down.
Not the way I remember it... nba was on a Wednesday night iirc...

Hanks was on Thursday
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 10:42 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Dr. Fauci is probably best resource anyone can have right now and he does Q&As all the time. Id listen to him more than anyone.
My current thoughts are to follow him and any MD that is fighting this thing on the front lines, such as Craig Smith, MD as shown below.

But, there are certainly MD's and biologists and economic geniuses that think we are being too paranoid.

I guess my point was the back and forth is simply exhausting.

I am deeply haunted by this letter that the chief of surgery at @nyphospital sent to colleagues today. (h/t @BillAckman) pic.twitter.com/bE0QoA8jAG

— Charles Ornstein (@charlesornstein) March 22, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:42 AM 03-22-2020
The NY govenor was saying if he can even get the N95 mask, he paid 95 cents before is now $6.75 because Florida, Illinois,Cali are willing to pay that. We are also competiting with other countries. Why are these companies allowed to price gouge these states in this crisis?

We are supposed to all in this together but we are forcing states to compete with each other for basic medical supplies that will save life’s.

The federal government needs to step in here.
[Reply]
Donger 10:44 AM 03-22-2020
Has anyone had any experience ordering Jack Stack online for delivery? Is it worth it?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:48 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Has anyone had any experience ordering Jack Stack online for delivery? Is it worth it?

Jack Stack is always worth it.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:49 AM 03-22-2020
Is your face worth it? :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:49 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
Costco is a well oiled machine for now.

Can you elaborate? Where did you go? Letting in certain amounts of people?
[Reply]
Monticore 10:49 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy:
This is my exact point, I suppose. From day 1, I've believed this to be severe and worth keeping an eye on. Maybe that was just my anxiety, or the fact weeks before this took off, I watched the Netflix original show Pandemic and how one is inevitable, at any point. I still maintain the stance that this is much more severe than the flu and needs to be handled as such.

But the economic impact will be significant and I don't think anyone can downplay that. Personally, I would much rather be poor, sharing a house with my entire family if they are alive and healthy than to lose a few family members to this disease.

It's just the same frustrating cycle that we see in the scientific community and politics. Your background, your career, your ethnicity, and socioeconomic background are probably curtailing your view on this pandemic more than the facts...

But the real concern. What are the facts, who do we trust and who do we follow? Because there's a whole lot of people on both sides of this thing.
I tend to aim for the middle.
[Reply]
Donger 10:50 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Jack Stack is always worth it.
I grew up less than a mile away from the one at 95th and Metcalf. But I'm curious about delivery.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:50 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
These are the same ****ers who built one of the greatest empires in human history. The **** is happening over there?
I have family in Italy and I can tell you that it was something of a perfect storm that was amplified by being one of the first to go through it. Italians are very family/friend oriented, with large dinners and gatherings happening more than any other country I’ve ever been to. There is also an endemic lack of concern for just about everything. The most common reaction you’ll see is a dismissive shrug.

So it’s a combination of culture and attitude with an older population further skewing it. I know it’s hard to believe but people are STILL going out there. They’ve brought out the military in the north to provide additional pressure to stay home but, again, Italians will just try to talk their way past such road blocks and they frequently let people through! Especially on the Swiss/Italian borders. It’s crazy.

Now they just have so many cases that their health care systems are completely overrun. 90% of the new cases that become critical are going to die because there simply aren’t ventilators to keep people alive. Same problem NYC will be facing soon.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:50 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Not the way I remember it... nba was on a Wednesday night iirc...

Hanks was on Thursday
my point was when celebrities got the virus and sports leagues shut down, that’s when the majority of people started paying close attention.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:51 AM 03-22-2020
I grew up less than a mile away from the one at 95th and Metcalf. But I'm curious about delivery.

There’s a 95th and Metcalf with a Jack Stack on it in Britain? What are the odds of that.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:52 AM 03-22-2020
Can you elaborate? Where did you go? Letting in certain amounts of people?
I am going to go out on a limb and say he went to Costco :-)

That being said they started last week by letting only a certain number of people in at one time, restricted cash registers down to 1 master line that feeds into about 6 guided lines as you get to the register.

Also they are limiting TP, paper towels, and water to 1 per customer.

I was in a line Friday that literal wrapped around the inside square of the building to do a checkout and I was through the line in about 15 - 20 minutes.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:53 AM 03-22-2020
Joes' Kansas City
[Reply]
Donger 10:53 AM 03-22-2020
There’s a 95th and Metcalf with a Jack Stack on it in Britain? What are the odds of that.
I moved to KC when I was eight.
[Reply]
Page 611 of 3903
« First < 111511561601607608609610611 61261361461562166171111111611 > Last »
Up