ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 609 of 3903
« First < 109509559599605606607608609 61061161261361965970911091609 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:27 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Italy looks like a massive anomaly. And unfortunately it looks like they are scaring the shit out of the entire world to the point of over-reaction.
These are the same fuckers who built one of the greatest empires in human history. The fuck is happening over there?
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:31 AM 03-22-2020
Gov Cuomo just stated in his PC that they have gotten alot of azithromycin and the malaria drug and starting on Tuesday they are going to do a large scale trial.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:42 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Gov Cuomo just stated in his PC that they have gotten alot of azithromycin and the malaria drug and starting on Tuesday they are going to do a large scale trial.
Well there is no shortage of guinea pigs. :-) I hope the trial goes well.
[Reply]
loochy 09:48 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
These are the same fuckers who built one of the greatest empires in human history. The fuck is happening over there?
They all smoke, party, and rub up on each other. I'm not kidding. PLUS they have a lot of olds
[Reply]
Monticore 09:55 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Oh really?
They rank higher than the US in all surveys I have seen , the US has a pretty low life expectancy for a 1st world nation. But to answer your question I don’t know
[Reply]
notorious 10:00 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Unfortunately, money and power can overrule fairness in a crisis.
This, and I think there is another factor that people are overlooking.

If Mary Doe from Springfield, Wisconsin dies she is just a statistic and very few people will notice or care.

If Michael Jordan, Lebron James, Dwayne Johnson, Tom Hanks, etc. dies from this it will cause even more panic.

If rich celebs and athletes can't be cured or hide from this, people are going to freak.
[Reply]
AustinChief 10:02 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You'd be wrong. Pharmacies can't get it from any supplier right now.
Because pharmacies and hospitals stocked up all at once. That's a minor issue that has zero to do with what is in stock already. I know one particular Walgreens had over 500 tablets as of Thursday. That's enough to treat 20 people.

There is plenty of hcq out there to treat the number of currently severe/critical in the US. (And that is not even talking about strategic stockpiles and military supplies)

(And apparently a bunch was shifted to New York to start a large scale test)
[Reply]
stevieray 10:04 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

If rich celebs and athletes can't be cured or hide from this
why would they be.. ?

they aren't more important.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:04 AM 03-22-2020
To keep things in perspective about Italy, by far the vast amount of deaths\cases are in Northern Italy. Southern Italy while they do have some cases it is pretty limited at least so far.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:06 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
To keep things in perspective about Italy, by far the vast amount of deaths\cases are in Northern Italy. Southern Italy while they do have some cases it is pretty limited at least so far.
Which correlates to actual population density.
[Reply]
notorious 10:07 AM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
why would they be.. ?

they aren't more important.
A LOT of people connect to celebs and athletes.

If something happens to them, people have odd reactions. They are like a member of their family. They've been a part of their lives, and even invited into their home (through media).

When Derrick Thomas or Dale Earnhardt died, grown men cried that had never met them. Prime example.

If a famous person succumbs to this, every day Joes are going to feel even more vulnerable.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:08 AM 03-22-2020
A LOT of people connect to celebs and athletes.

If something happens to them, people have odd reactions. They are like a member of their family.

When Derrick Thomas or Dale Earnhardt died, grown men cried that had never met them. Prime example.

If a famous person succumbs to this, every day Joes are going to feel even more vulnerable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasocial_interaction
[Reply]
notorious 10:10 AM 03-22-2020
Damn Discuss, that would have saved me a lot of time. I was just drawing from personal experience.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:11 AM 03-22-2020
We need to do something about the things talked about in the following video.

from SldInfo.com on Vimeo.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:11 AM 03-22-2020
Damn Discuss, that would have saved me a lot of time. I was just drawing from personal experience.
I didn't know there was a term for it myself until I saw it posted on reddit (I think) within the last few months.
[Reply]
Page 609 of 3903
« First < 109509559599605606607608609 61061161261361965970911091609 > Last »
Up