ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 341
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:09 PM 02-12-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
No meter. There must be just enough of a size difference.

Waiting on the mags to come in. I might call Colt tomorrow and ask them.

Not starting off good with this gun. Hopefully it's just a junk mag.
How many mags came with it? Just the one?
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:30 PM 02-12-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
How many mags came with it? Just the one?
Yeah.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:31 PM 02-12-2017
Yeah.
That seems odd. Did you buy it used?
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:36 PM 02-12-2017
That seems odd. Did you buy it used?
No. New off Gunbroker. Checked Colts website and that model comes with two mags. Should I worry that the seller kept a mag? I thought it was weird that it only came with one mag.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:41 PM 02-12-2017
No. New off Gunbroker. Checked Colts website and that model comes with two mags. Should I worry that the seller kept a mag? I thought it was weird that it only came with one mag.
Yeah, that's fucked up. Never bought a new gun that didn't come with two. Might not be an accident that the mag is wonky. Although I don't know that there's much you can do about it now.

Did the listing mention how many mags came with it?
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:48 PM 02-12-2017
Yeah, that's ****ed up. Never bought a new gun that didn't come with two. Might not be an accident that the mag is wonky. Although I don't know that there's much you can do about it now.

Did the listing mention how many mags came with it?
No. I checked after I got the gun and it didn't mention mags. I just assumed it came with two. I bet Colt could tell me if this gun came from the factory with two mags. If it did, I'm going to call that seller out.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:48 PM 02-12-2017
No. I checked after I got the gun and it didn't mention mags. I just assumed it came with two. I bet Colt could tell me if this gun came from the factory with two mags. If it did, I'm going to call that seller out.
Does the mag have Colt markings on it?
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:57 PM 02-12-2017
Does the mag have Colt markings on it?
Yes. I'm starting to think this seller ripped me off. Seller owns a gun shop so hopefully I'm wrong.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:59 PM 02-12-2017
Yes. I'm starting to think this seller ripped me off. Seller owns a gun shop so hopefully I'm wrong.
At the very least the sonofabitch owes you a magazine. The fact that you're having these issues might mean he kept the new ones for himself and tossed in an old one hoping you wouldn't notice.

You might want to have a gunsmith check the gun itself as well.
[Reply]
Dunit35 11:09 PM 02-12-2017
At the very least the sonofabitch owes you a magazine. The fact that you're having these issues might mean he kept the new ones for himself and tossed in an old one hoping you wouldn't notice.

You might want to have a gunsmith check the gun itself as well.
Hopefully a gun shop wouldn't do that but my suspicions are high. Should I email this seller or just contact Colt in the morning?

The posting says factory new and only shows one mag in the picture. But if Colt says they send that model with two mags then the seller owes me a mag.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:15 PM 02-12-2017
Hopefully a gun shop wouldn't do that but my suspicions are high. Should I email this seller or just contact Colt in the morning?

The posting says factory new and only shows one mag in the picture. But if Colt says they send that model with two mags then the seller owes me a mag.
I'd call Colt first - tell them about only getting one mag and how you're having trouble with it. That way, if they confirm that it should have come with two, that actually work correctly, you can tell him that they said so. If he owns a gun store he probably won't want to have Colt up his ass for giving them a bad name cheaping out on selling their products.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:17 PM 02-12-2017
It's also possible that Colt might replace the mag and send you two new ones. I've never personally owned a Colt so I don't know anything about their customer service.
[Reply]
Dunit35 11:29 PM 02-12-2017
It's also possible that Colt might replace the mag and send you two new ones. I've never personally owned a Colt so I don't know anything about their customer service.
I read one forum where a person was mentioning that. I still think seller kept a magazine.
[Reply]
Dunit35 11:33 PM 02-12-2017
I checked a few gunbroker listings for this gun and they all come with two mags.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:41 PM 02-12-2017
What's the name of the gun store? Do they have good reviews?

This sounds like something the weasels at the nearest shop to me might pull. They have a nice range, but any dealings with them beyond that are generally bad.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 341
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up