Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Simms breaks down Mahomes' bad play
ModSocks 11:08 AM 10-28-2021
Cliff Notes:

Mahomes is sensing phantom pressure
Mahomes is not stepping into the pocket
The Oline is acutally playing well, Mahomes is prematurely rolling out
Mahomes is hanging Orlando Brown out to try and creating angles impossible for him to block
Mahomes is predetermining his reads. Possibly overthinking things too much

My takeway: If last week's performance was all about Mahomes then the Chiefs are about to go on a winning streak, because Mahomes will get his mind right. Ya'll ready for some W's?

Video starts around 6:20ish mark

[Reply]
crispystl 11:52 AM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i bet if we went back and watched that falcons game we'd see the same shit we're seeing now
I'm watching now...I'll let you guys know....
[Reply]
crispystl 11:53 AM 10-29-2021
And the next week the Falcons held us to 17.

Creeping pressure getting into Mahomes ahead and then the Cover 2 ramping up shortly thereafter.

fuuuuu
Ughh I'd tried to forget about the 4-1 pass to Mahomes.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:00 PM 10-29-2021
And the next week the Falcons held us to 17.

Creeping pressure getting into Mahomes ahead and then the Cover 2 ramping up shortly thereafter.

fuuuuu
It wasn't as bad as it is now. He was also much more willing to check it down in that game than he is now.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:00 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
NFL coaches are so good at exploiting the tiniest weaknesses. Coaches have schemed their edge rushers to essentially take away the deep drop. That's been really effective so far. It's up to Reid and Mahomes to make them pay for that. There are plenty of ways to do that through play calls, but Mahomes needs to prove he's comfortable stepping up in the pocket as well.

I'm not too worried that they'll figure it out, but this is a new feeling in the Mahomes era. It was never a question before that Mahomes would keep us in pretty much any game against any opponent, no matter how garbage our defense was playing. This year is different.
I agree with you 100%. Clay says I'm stupid, so we may be onto something...
[Reply]
wheeler08 06:19 PM 10-29-2021
It’s been like this since day 1. If he would just learn to step
Up into the pocket.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:32 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
It’s been like this since day 1. If he would just learn to step
Up into the pocket.
He’s been the best QB in the NFL since day 1 too although that apparently has been forgotten over the past few weeks.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up