ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Health Insurance
TLO 09:57 AM 10-28-2021
My company is changing up providers for the health insurance they offer this upcoming year, and the options are pretty lackluster.

I know diddly dick about trying to find private health insurance, but surely someone on here has some knowledge to share.

Where do I look? What would constitute "good coverage" in your opinion?

Any suggestions welcome.
[Reply]
O.city 11:22 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
If people had to pay outside of work they would shit their pants.

46 non smoker married to a 42 female with great tits non-smoker. Healthy, I've been to the doctor one time in 20 years to get a thumb stitched up.

1400/month. Small business owner.
Uh, yeah they would.

36 non smoker, 38 wife non smoker, no health issues for either of us.

3 kids 10 and under.

2200 a month.
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 03-07-2024
I've listened and read about as much as I can with regards to health insurance. It's a multifaceted issue that I think we all look at wrong.

We want a solution. It's not a problem that is gonna have a "this fixes it" solution.

It's more "this is economically the best option for the biggest faction of people".
[Reply]
blake5676 12:16 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've listened and read about as much as I can with regards to health insurance. It's a multifaceted issue that I think we all look at wrong.

We want a solution. It's not a problem that is gonna have a "this fixes it" solution.

It's more "this is economically the best option for the biggest faction of people".
Reality bolded above. One of the reasons I had such an issue with the ACA. There was a small % of the population that couldn't get insurance on their own due to health conditions. But they changed insurance for 100% of the population for the sake of that small percent of people. Coverage increased, yes. But cost skyrocketed for EVERYONE.

No actual answer that solves everything. Only measures that could make things slightly less painful. And again, I'm not smart enough to know the best options. But I do strongly believe unwinding insurance from employment would do wonders, even if that prospect is unrealistic.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:10 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:

Yes
[Reply]
Stewie 06:12 PM 03-07-2024
I've never figured out health insurance. I have a good plan that I pay about 10% of the premium.

As an example of recent cataract surgery here is the breakdown:

Retail price of surgery on 2 eyes: $12,500
Insurance agreement with surgery center: $4800
Additional cost of anesthesia: $650
Six office visits: $350

My total cost: $550 per eye.

The strange thing? I have $2500 max out-of-pocket and this surgery only used $229 of the $2500. I thought I would be responsible for much more because of the max out-of-pocket.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:07 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I've never figured out health insurance. I have a good plan that I pay about 10% of the premium.

As an example of recent cataract surgery here is the breakdown:

Retail price of surgery on 2 eyes: $12,500
Insurance agreement with surgery center: $4800
Additional cost of anesthesia: $650
Six office visits: $350

My total cost: $550 per eye.

The strange thing? I have $2500 max out-of-pocket and this surgery only used $229 of the $2500. I thought I would be responsible for much more because of the max out-of-pocket.
Probably have a deductible, once that is met then a co-pay, co-pay up to out of pocket max then everything is "free"

To be clear: your premium is what you pay for your insurance...
[Reply]
BWillie 09:46 AM 03-08-2024
Without trying to get political, you want people to chase their dreams and entrepreneurial spirit. Its hard to do that in this country because of no socialized health insurance. If you try to be self employed you pay out the fucking ass for health insurance.

As it is in the current system since you cannot refuse care, you are looking at a huge portion of costs that simply go unpaid by the poor, illegals, or people at rhe end of life. Those costs are passed on to paying customers and their insurance rates are higher because of it.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up