ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 36
« First < 263233343536
Nzoner's Game Room>Yeesh - Alec Baldwin just plopped into a world of hurt
Baby Lee 09:02 PM 10-21-2021
Breaking - details forthcoming

Discharged a 'prop' weapon that resulted in a death and another severe injury.

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...c47b69ce5.html
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:43 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He is saying it is because she is a woman. He has made this comment several times now. Apparently he is afraid of vaginas.
If you've never had a vagina pull a gun on you, I don't know what to say
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:52 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
If you've never had a vagina pull a gun on you, I don't know what to say
Aye Mingey!!

[Reply]
Marcellus 02:52 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I mean, if I was going to baselessly-guess, I might have gone with nepotism, given her father's profession.
Nothing "baseless" at all about my theory, which is all it is. The basis of my theory just like yours stems from a very simple question. How did someone so incompetent with previous job performance issues get this job?

There is always a reason someone is picked to do a job correct?

Same question leading to 2 different theories. I'm sure her dad's name helped but doesn't mean it couldn't be both.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:56 PM 10-27-2021
He is saying it is because she is a woman. He has made this comment several times now. Apparently he is afraid of vaginas.
Not at all, I have already attempted to explain it to you but you don't seem to be picking anything up except feeling the need to defend her for some odd reason.

My original comment was a joke before I knew anything about her history. But then when you see how little experience she had and the fact she was fired from her last movie job over safety concerns with guns then you have to really wonder.

But you keep white knighting this young lady Sir Penguinz if it helps you sleep at night.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:05 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Not at all, I have already attempted to explain it to you but you don't seem to be picking anything up except feeling the need to defend her for some odd reason.

My original comment was a joke before I knew anything about her history. But then when you see how little experience she had and the fact she was fired from her last movie job over safety concerns with guns then you have to really wonder.

But you keep white knighting this young lady Sir Penguinz if it helps you sleep at night.
Not white knighting her at all. She should be punished as much as they legally can for her colossal fuck up.

I am just saying that you have your own issues you need to deal with.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:08 PM 10-27-2021
Nothing "baseless" at all about my theory, which is all it is. The basis of my theory just like yours stems from a very simple question. How did someone so incompetent with previous job performance issues get this job?

There is always a reason someone is picked to do a job correct?

Same question leading to 2 different theories. I'm sure her dad's name helped but doesn't mean it couldn't be both.
Can't imagine dad's name will help her, him or anybody else in the future. She probably torpedoed his career as effectively as she did her own.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:10 PM 10-27-2021
Not white knighting her at all. She should be punished as much as they legally can for her colossal **** up.

:-)

You have never made a joke about a woman before? Not even a single make me a sandwich joke right?

Are you being serious? You are being childish as hell over this.

For the record -

I was the first manager in our company to hire a female supervisor for one of my teams. Why? Because she was the most qualified for the job.

I am the first manager in the company to hire a Hispanic supervisor, and I have done it twice now, they are still the only 2 in the company to this point. You know why? Because they were the most qualified.

Pull the stick out of your ass.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:25 PM 10-27-2021
Not white knighting her at all. She should be punished as much as they legally can for her colossal fuck up.

Curious, do you consider amenability to humor a moral failing?
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:55 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I mean, if I was going to baselessly-guess, I might have gone with nepotism, given her father's profession.
Yeah, I think I'll go with the nepotism theory. I've seen it in practice for years in NFL coaching jobs, and most of those people are incompetent.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:01 PM 10-27-2021
Ive always wondered how my blackpowder cowboy loads in 45 long Colt would hold up in a home invasion situation.

Well now I know. They'll do just fine and then some.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:23 PM 10-27-2021
Because it appears she obviously wasnt hired for her previous work performance or experience.

But she does check off 2 other boxes.

I don't know that's why she was hired, but it sure walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

I cant imagine the job is very hard at all which makes the incompetency so baffling.
I'll say it again.

It looks to me like the sole decision criteria was cost.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:26 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Curious, do you consider amenability to humor a moral failing?
:-) :-) - someone does, . . . someone as cowardly and passive-aggressive as you'd imagine.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:52 PM 10-29-2021
‘Rust’ armorer has ‘no idea’ where live rounds came from and blames deadly accident on cost-cutting bosses

https://nypost.com/2021/10/29/rust-a...ng-bosses/amp/

The rookie armorer in charge of weapons when Alec Baldwin accidentally shot dead his cinematographer has insisted she has “no idea” where the live ammunition came from — and is blaming the tragedy on her cost-cutting bosses.

Lawyers for Hannah Gutierrez-Reed told NBC late Thursday that the 24-year-old former model “is devastated and completely beside herself over the events that have transpired” on the set of Baldwin’s “Rust.”

“Safety is Hannah’s number one priority on set. Ultimately this set would never have been compromised if live ammo were not introduced,” her attorneys, Jason Bowles and Robert Gorence, said in a statement.

“Hannah has no idea where the live rounds came from,” the attorneys insisted, saying all the guns had been locked up each night.

Gutierrez-Reed — who was working only her second job as armorer — also insisted she was understaffed, undertrained and overruled when she tried to improve safety on the New Mexico set before Baldwin accidentally shot dead Halyna Hutchins, 42, last Thursday.

“Hannah was hired on two positions on this film, which made it extremely difficult to focus on her job as an armorer,” the statement said.

Gutierrez-Reed has complained of being undertrained and overworked before the accident.
“She fought for training, days to maintain weapons and proper time to prepare for gunfire but ultimately was overruled by production and her department.

“The whole production set became unsafe due to various factors, including lack of safety meetings,” it said of the movie that days earlier avoided a strike by the crew.

Gutierrez-Reed appeared to confirm earlier reports that there had already been an “accidental discharge” of a weapon at least twice during filming, insisting she was not responsible for either.

“The first one on this set was the prop master and the second was a stunt man after Hannah informed him his gun was hot with blanks,” the statement said.

Producers for the film and Rust Movies Productions LLC did not immediately return requests for comment, NBC said.

No charges have been filed over the fatal shooting, although Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies warned this week that “no one has been ruled out at this point … All options are on the table.”

Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza also said the key focus of the investigation is on “how the live rounds ended up on set.”

Around 500 rounds were taken as part of the investigation, including blanks, dummy rounds and more suspected live rounds.

Gutierrez-Reed’s complaints about staffing appear to echo the reasons why experienced prop master Neal Zoromski said he turned down a job on the movie, fearing it was “an accident waiting to happen” as producers were only willing to hire one person to do “two really big jobs.”

“Rust” gaffer Serge Svetnoy — who said his friend Hutchins died in his arms — also called out the producers, who include Baldwin, for risking safety to save money by hiring inexperienced crew in key jobs.

“No saved penny is worth the LIFE of the person!” he wrote on Facebook.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:21 PM 10-29-2021
Sorry, sweetheart, but that's horseshit. A fucking monkey could check to see if a 19th century revolver is loaded, and with what. Trained or untrained.

I suspect she's just trying to deflect responsibility, and it might work on people who don't know anything about firearms. I don't doubt the whole production was a douched-up disaster, but implying that she lacked the training to determine if a revolver was unloaded - sorry, but all credibility just went out the window. :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:25 PM 10-29-2021
Yeah not having the training isn’t an excuse. I can’t imagine armorers are generally trained on set. Besides, isn’t she supposed to be licensed or something? If so, that would seem to negate she didn’t at the very least claim to be knowledgeable.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 36
« First < 263233343536
Up