ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 333
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
BWillie 10:15 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Witt sucks /Bwillie
Never said he sucks. I said he was overrated. Hes going to be a solid MLB player but I don't see a MLB star. People act like hes this transcendent talent.

Ive always said Vinnie > Bobby Witt. I think we can see why but I am pretty happy with Bobby so far. Hes been an avg defender this year which is huge.

I said Vinnie will be in the Royals HOF someday before his 1st MLB at bat and hes on that trajectory. .905 ops and a very difficult hitter to exploit.

Haven't been wrong.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:14 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
You are the king of hindsight....and a total head case!!!!!!

11 more K's last night. Hard to win when you whiff a third of your at ABs!

They have been scoring more lately and I'm excited about it! I think it has a lot to do with playing the young guys more than anything else. Pratto, Garcia, Fermin have provided a spark and quality defense to this team. Massey has been playing against both lefties and righties which goes against your "percentage" arm chair coaching!!!!!

When you're a team who relys on the Farm system for players versus free agency......you have to keep your young guys playing so they can learn. let em take their lumps so to speak. Don't sit em against certain pitchers playing the computer game!!!! Only thing that gets you is 26 situational players and that ain't gonna win you shit!!!!!

Now scat dlphg9....back to your momma's teet!!!!! Headcase....
Plenty of big market teams rely on their farm system too these days...the Royals biggest problems come from 2 things.

They haven't found a true star player to build the organization around and they do not identify the prospects they don't think will make it and move them in trades.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:14 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:

I said Vinnie will be in the Royals HOF someday before his 1st MLB at bat and hes on that trajectory.
You mean the Yankees' HOF?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:31 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
You mean the Yankees' HOF?
Well ya that too
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:43 AM 05-10-2023
firesale

"Rival clubs report the Royals already are active in trade discussions, but mostly on minor deals....the Royals already are receiving calls on Aroldis Chapman" https://t.co/xVANCI049N

— Royals Review (@royalsreview) May 10, 2023

[Reply]
BWillie 11:48 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
firesale

Savages
[Reply]
Mecca 11:55 AM 05-10-2023
They should be trading anyone they can trade.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:41 PM 05-10-2023
Witt Jr and Vinnie would be my only untouchables. Take anyone else ya want.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:43 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Witt Jr and Vinnie would be my only untouchables. Take anyone else ya want.
This still goes back to, the Royals don't identify what assets are tradeable and untradeable, the smart thing to do is gauge your prospects, who you think is legit and who is not...

The Royals just flat refuse to trade all of them because they themselves don't know the answer so they are deathly afraid they'll trade the wrong one. Then the minute these guys hit the majors and struggle their value drops a ton.

It's a position of fear.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:00 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This still goes back to, the Royals don't identify what assets are tradeable and untradeable, the smart thing to do is gauge your prospects, who you think is legit and who is not...

The Royals just flat refuse to trade all of them because they themselves don't know the answer so they are deathly afraid they'll trade the wrong one. Then the minute these guys hit the majors and struggle their value drops a ton.

It's a position of fear.

They should start making trade proposals. When teams really wanna do a deal that’s when you know you shouldn’t. Esp if it’s Tampa, if they like a guy you have, RUN FOR THE HILLS
[Reply]
Mecca 02:05 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
They should start making trade proposals. When teams really wanna do a deal that’s when you know you shouldn’t. Esp if it’s Tampa, if they like a guy you have, RUN FOR THE HILLS
It's just extremely pathetic, all of your prospects will not hit, make educated decisions. They do not trust their decisions so they just don't make any of those moves.

The Royals would never swing the Juan Soto deal the Padres did because it required the Padres selecting what prospects to deal.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:35 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:

It's a position of fear.
What? This regime isnt even to there first trade deadline, so why would they be trading prospects or anything?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:38 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What? This regime isnt even to there first trade deadline, so why would they be trading prospects or anything?
Regime?

Changing your GM to the former assistant GM and changing your manager and pitching coach while keeping the vast majority of the entire organization is not "regime change"
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:58 PM 05-10-2023
Free tix are free... :-)..
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:11 PM 05-10-2023
Royals get a 4 run lead in the first inning and now Keller is doing his best to put a stop to that.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 333
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Up