ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Observations from my easy chair.
oldman 05:08 AM 10-03-2022
OL (minus Brown) were money last night and it showed with CEH's 92 on the ground and Pacheco adding another 63. Only 1 trick play was needed to score and that was due to the interior 3 owning the Bucs line. A little Martyball is a good thing.

The zebras let the players determine the outcome of the game. We got away with a couple. Clark was clearly in the neutral zone when the Bucs were called for too many guys on the field and Jones might have been called for roughing the passer. Tommyboy was chirping all night long but didn't get a favor. Did anyone notice if he committed battery on a defenseless Ipad?

CEH's TD reception will surely make the highlight reels this week. Just Patrick being Patrick.

The only thing I can bitch about was the unnecessary INT in the 4th. It was 3rd and 5 and PMII either missed or ignored a wide open McKinnon in the left flat. That would have kept the drive alive and we wouldn't have had to listen to Collinsworth yapping about Brady.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:37 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
OBJ you have no argument from me there. I am wondering if he even is worth being tagged next year.
Considering the tag next year would net a 20% increase in guaranteed money ON TOP of the top 5 salary he's already making this year, I would say the answer is "no".
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:38 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It’s pretty nice to have a game with 41 points against a good defense where it feels like the KC offense still did not reach full potential, whether it’s the dropped passes or Mahomes’ bad decision on the interception. Plenty of room for improvement.
It is.

Losing sucks. You have the hurt of the loss and still have seek ways to improve. Winning rules. You just have to seek ways to keep improving to keep winning. But at least you don't have the hurt of a loss.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:26 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I was going to start another thread, but what the hell since everyone is getting pissy about overreactions, I'll throw it in here instead - Karlaftis is disappointing.

Yes, it's too early to come to any conclusion, but after a really good preseason, I was kind of hoping he'd find his way to the QB a little more often. I know he had a nice TFL last night, but his pass rush has been on a Frank Clark level the last 3 weeks.

I know its only PFF and we like them when they give us good grades and are a complete crap organization with QB grades and bad grades, but they have him at a lowly 49.7.
I'm sort of glad someone else has said it. I'm not disappointed in the slightest, he's a rookie and playing with some dross on the other side. BUT, people hyped him far too much from preseason, including me.

As with all the rookies we'll have a better idea by rhe end of the year. Some will be great, some will need time, some won't make it, and some of this you only really know years down the line So far it's pretty promising
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:29 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I'm sort of glad someone else has said it. I'm not disappointed in the slightest, he's a rookie and playing with some dross on the other side. BUT, people hyped him far too much from preseason, including me.

As with all the rookies we'll have a better idea by rhe end of the year. Some will be great, some will need time, some won't make it, and some of this you only really know years down the line So far it's pretty promising
Nobody ever gets sacks game in and game out. It's rare even for the best.

Sacks usually come in bunches. Karlaftis could easily have only 4 or 5 games where he gets a sack and still get 8-10.

The amount of pressure he's getting is encouraging. He'll eventually get some sacks.
[Reply]
DTHOF 02:45 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
He's a decent RT. Certainly for a projected backup he's above average at the position. Better than anyone expected. He'll be tested though against Maxx Crosby. We'll see how that goes.

I still think Wylie should have started at RT during that Super Bowl disaster. Moving him to LT only made things worse.
They went to college together and Wylie has shut out Crosby at least three times that I can remember.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 03:21 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Sacks usually come in bunches. Karlaftis could easily have only 4 or 5 games where he gets a sack and still get 8-10.

The amount of pressure he's getting is encouraging. He'll eventually get some sacks.
Do you have his numbers from the last two weeks? Pressures and hits?
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:36 PM 10-03-2022
I'll have to go back to look to verify myself, but I was certain it went through one set of hands and then hit MVS right in the bread basket. It was an unfortunate drop, one I bet MVS wishes he had back as well.

The second drop even Andy was visibly upset. Which is a rarity. He better learn from it. The whole thing was weird. Kelce was upset. Mahomes had to pull him off the field. Who knows what was going on there.
I wasn't sure what was going on with Kelce there, and I was worried about it. The camera seemed to show Mahomes yelling at Kelce, and then Kelce walked off the field like he was at a funeral. I want Mahomes and Kelce to be happy.

And yeah, you never see Andy Reid react like that. It was a shocker. I also want Andy Reid to be happy.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:39 PM 10-03-2022
Considering the tag next year would net a 20% increase in guaranteed money ON TOP of the top 5 salary he's already making this year, I would say the answer is "no".
We'll just have to see where the year plays out. Maybe he wants to come back on an even cheaper bet on yourself contract.

I haven't looked at the left tackle market to see what is available next year. So I don't know for sure if there is any viable replacement in FA or any OT that could be drafted and play LT day 1.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:42 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Do you have his numbers from the last two weeks? Pressures and hits?
Pressures/hurries are difficult to track because they are somewhat subjective (and usually behind a paywall to boot).

The best I can do is show you this:

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...e_advanced.htm

Karlaftis ranks right behind Chris Jones, tied for 2nd in hurries.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:45 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I wasn't sure what was going on with Kelce there, and I was worried about it. The camera seemed to show Mahomes yelling at Kelce, and then Kelce walked off the field like he was at a funeral. I want Mahomes and Kelce to be happy.

And yeah, you never see Andy Reid react like that. It was a shocker. I also want Andy Reid to be happy.
Watching the play as it happened on DVR, not the replay in the booth. It definitely looked like to me that Kelce turned to MVS and just screamed in frustration in his direction. Mahomes I think noticed Kelce was visibly frustrated and was trying to get Kelce off the field. If you watch it again, you see as Mahomes put his arm around Kelce he is motioning to the sidelines, like let's handle it on the sidelines.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:45 PM 10-03-2022
We'll just have to see where the year plays out. Maybe he wants to come back on an even cheaper bet on yourself contract.
I just don't think there's any way we can go from him wanting to be the highest paid LT in football to him getting a team-friendly middling contract. I don't think he'll do it.

I haven't looked at the left tackle market to see what is available next year. So I don't know for sure if there is any viable replacement in FA or any OT that could be drafted and play LT day 1.
Given the presumptive price tag, I'm not sure it matters who his replacement is. You could get similar "adequate" play out of a decent free agent who makes HALF as much. And then you could draft a developmental player as your long-term solution.

I mean, even if OBJ plays like he did yesterday for the rest of the year, he's good but he's not THAT good. Not $20-25M per good.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:47 PM 10-03-2022
Could be that Kelce ran the wrong route, was bumped off his route. Who knows. Just a little interesting is all it was.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:51 PM 10-03-2022
I just don't think there's any way we can go from him wanting to be the highest paid LT in football to him getting a team-friendly middling contract. I don't think he'll do it.

Given the presumptive price tag, I'm not sure it matters who his replacement is. You could get similar "adequate" play out of a decent free agent who makes HALF as much. And then you could draft a developmental player as your long-term solution.

I mean, even if OBJ plays like he did yesterday for the rest of the year, he's good but he's not THAT good. Not $20-25M per good.

It might be his best opportunity.

So who do you think they go after to get on an adequate contract?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:15 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by DTHOF:
They went to college together and Wylie has shut out Crosby at least three times that I can remember.
Oh yeah. Forgot about that story. Maybe Crosby will avoid him to line up against OBJ.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:28 PM 10-03-2022

Yeah man, its hard to believe some people are already becoming "disappointed"

This kids motor is going to pay dividends sooner than later
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up