ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Observations from my easy chair.
oldman 05:08 AM 10-03-2022
OL (minus Brown) were money last night and it showed with CEH's 92 on the ground and Pacheco adding another 63. Only 1 trick play was needed to score and that was due to the interior 3 owning the Bucs line. A little Martyball is a good thing.

The zebras let the players determine the outcome of the game. We got away with a couple. Clark was clearly in the neutral zone when the Bucs were called for too many guys on the field and Jones might have been called for roughing the passer. Tommyboy was chirping all night long but didn't get a favor. Did anyone notice if he committed battery on a defenseless Ipad?

CEH's TD reception will surely make the highlight reels this week. Just Patrick being Patrick.

The only thing I can bitch about was the unnecessary INT in the 4th. It was 3rd and 5 and PMII either missed or ignored a wide open McKinnon in the left flat. That would have kept the drive alive and we wouldn't have had to listen to Collinsworth yapping about Brady.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:46 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
No, not at all.

I don't seem to be the one upset about it.
I'm not upset at all. What would give you that impression?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:53 AM 10-03-2022
I was going to start another thread, but what the hell since everyone is getting pissy about overreactions, I'll throw it in here instead - Karlaftis is disappointing.

Yes, it's too early to come to any conclusion, but after a really good preseason, I was kind of hoping he'd find his way to the QB a little more often. I know he had a nice TFL last night, but his pass rush has been on a Frank Clark level the last 3 weeks.

I know its only PFF and we like them when they give us good grades and are a complete crap organization with QB grades and bad grades, but they have him at a lowly 49.7.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:53 AM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm not upset at all. What would give you that impression?
Then you don't have any problem with me saying he needs to clean it up in the RZ and the end zone with the dropsies. Or do you?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM 10-03-2022
Then you don't have any problem with me saying he needs to clean it up in the RZ and the end zone with the dropsies. Or do you?
I think it's pretty fucking petty to single out MVS when there was clearly 1) worse drops by others and 2) nothing to bitch about in the first place. We blew out the #1 defense in the NFL.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I was going to start another thread, but what the hell since everyone is getting pissy about overreactions, I'll throw it in here instead - Karlaftis is disappointing.

Yes, it's too early to come to any conclusion, but after a really good preseason, I was kind of hoping he'd find his way to the QB a little more often. I know he had a nice TFL last night, but his pass rush has been on a Frank Clark level the last 3 weeks.

I know its only PFF and we like them when they give us good grades and are a complete crap organization with QB grades and bad grades, but they have him at a lowly 49.7.
He has a ton of pressures. The sacks will come. He's young and he's playing opposite a complete non-factor. He looks much better when Dunlap is on the field.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:01 PM 10-03-2022
I think it's pretty fucking petty to single out MVS when there was clearly 1) worse drops by others and 1) nothing to bitch about in the first place. We blew out the #1 defense in the NFL.
So you are upset?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 PM 10-03-2022
So you are upset?
:-)

Not in the slightest.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:05 PM 10-03-2022
Any way.

I agree there were other drops that didn't need to happen. There were throws that were off that didn't need to happen. Even in the winning games mistakes can be improved upon. But first you have to recognize them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:08 PM 10-03-2022
Any way.

I agree there were other drops that didn't need to happen. There were throws that were off that didn't need to happen. Even in the winning games mistakes can be improved upon. But first you have to recognize them.
It's one thing to recognize them. It's another thing to think they're significant enough that they need to be highlighted the day after a big win.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:16 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

I agree. His pass rush has been somewhat disappointing so far. Hopefully he can develop some moves. I’m not sure if he has the speed/explosiveness and bendability to consistently beat tackles around the edge.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:26 PM 10-03-2022
It's one thing to recognize them. It's another thing to think they're significant enough that they need to be highlighted the day after a big win.
That's exactly what the Chiefs coaching staff is doing today. Do you think they are in the back room still popping tops?

And yes, drops in the red zone and and end zone are significant. The drop in the end zone luckily was manageable. Whether it was slightly tipped on not, it hit in hands exactly where it was supposed to be. Judging by his reaction after the play, he wants that back. The drop at the 5 was significant because it stopped the drive with a FG instead of being 1st and goal at the 5.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:29 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I agree. His pass rush has been somewhat disappointing so far. Hopefully he can develop some moves. I’m not sure if he has the speed/explosiveness and bendability to consistently beat tackles around the edge.
He definitely needs to learn some technique. That bull rush that was successful in college won't be as successful with NFL lineman.

I'm going to give him a break as it's only 4 games in though. Not like he is a 4yr vet.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:17 PM 10-03-2022
That's exactly what the Chiefs coaching staff is doing today. Do you think they are in the back room still popping tops?

And yes, drops in the red zone and and end zone are significant. The drop in the end zone luckily was manageable. Whether it was slightly tipped on not, it hit in hands exactly where it was supposed to be. Judging by his reaction after the play, he wants that back. The drop at the 5 was significant because it stopped the drive with a FG instead of being 1st and goal at the 5.
I must have missed the part where we are Chiefs coaches and we're at work today looking through things to improve.

I never said the drops weren't significant. Us pointing them out isn't significant. And when you single out MVS and don't say anything about anybody else, it looks petty.

You know what else stopped a couple of drives? Poor play from OBJ. Notice how the bitching about OBJ essentially stopped after last night? It's not because he played great. It's because people are usually more forgiving after a big win. Unless you have an axe to grind. Those people are easy to spot.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:22 PM 10-03-2022

It’s pretty nice to have a game with 41 points against a good defense where it feels like the KC offense still did not reach full potential, whether it’s the dropped passes or Mahomes’ bad decision on the interception. Plenty of room for improvement.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:36 PM 10-03-2022
I must have missed the part where we are Chiefs coaches and we're at work today looking through things to improve.

I never said the drops weren't significant. Us pointing them out isn't significant. And when you single out MVS and don't say anything about anybody else, it looks petty.

You know what else stopped a couple of drives? Poor play from OBJ. Notice how the bitching about OBJ essentially stopped after last night? It's not because he played great. It's because people are usually more forgiving after a big win. Unless you have an axe to grind. Those people are easy to spot.
So because we aren't coaches we can't discuss areas to improve?

Just stop with the "petty" nonsense. It isn't sticking.

I've discussed CEH and his drop. OBJ you have no argument from me there. I am wondering if he even is worth being tagged next year.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up