ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 303 of 435
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313353403 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:03 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It seems like Clark has given up on going for one last payday. I was hoping he'd come in motivated this year.
May be why his play has declined even further. Knows with the felony charges and his play recently it's his last year of making significant money from us and almost definitely any other team so he's mentally checked out.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:09 PM 09-20-2021
Clark, Reed and Jones (at DE) sucking is not good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:21 PM 09-20-2021
Clark had a nice TFL last night which makes him the MVP of the DL
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:04 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Clark had a nice TFL last night which makes him the MVP of the DL
It's easier when they elect not to block you.

Jackson messed up the read and left his RB out to dry.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:07 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's easier when they elect not to block you.

Jackson messed up the read and left his RB out to dry.
You do understand the blocking scheme in read option, right?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:10 PM 09-20-2021
The same people patting themselves on the back for not wanting Clark wanted Clowney and that dude is a turd as well :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:34 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You do understand the blocking scheme in read option, right?
Read the end, yes. The QB is responsible for dealing with the unblocked man through his pitch/keep decision.

When the end doesn't crash, why are you pitching it wide? RB is a sitting duck at that point. You pitch it if/when the end commits - Clark didn't.

Looked to me like Jackson needed to take it up the middle when Clark didn't come upfield.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:40 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
The same people patting themselves on the back for not wanting Clark wanted Clowney and that dude is a turd as well :-)
Clowney cost $29 million over 3 seasons and a 3rd round pick + some roster chaff.

Clark cost $65 million over those same 3 seasons + a first and second round pick.

This really the argument you want to make?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:59 PM 09-20-2021
Came to the podium after loss and took questions.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:14 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Clowney cost $29 million over 3 seasons and a 3rd round pick + some roster chaff.

Clark cost $65 million over those same 3 seasons + a first and second round pick.

This really the argument you want to make?
Ideally you don't do either of those trades, but I'd still take Clark over Clowney even with those parameters based on the hindsight of Clark actually being a key contributor to the Super Bowl run. Clowney just seems like an even shittier DE version of Hammy Twatkins
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:20 PM 09-20-2021
Also based on the fact that if we hadn't traded that 2019 pick we most likely pick one of the shitty DL from the bottom of that first round based on all our draft visits. Or the degenerate CB we ended up with anyway.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Ideally you don't do either of those trades, but I'd still take Clark over Clowney even with those parameters based on the hindsight of Clark actually being a key contributor to the Super Bowl run. Clowney just seems like an even shittier DE version of Hammy Twatkins
I said when we made the trade (and even when he was dog-shit into November of '19) that flags fly forever and if Clark was instrumental in a SB, it's hard to call the trade a failure.

But right now, if I could trade Clark for Clowney, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Straight player for player I'd probably still take Clowney and when you factor in their respective contracts and cap hits, it's not a close question.

Last year was a wash at best. Clowney was better when he was on the field, but he wasn't on the field enough (as is his custom). Then again, I'm not sure what Clark actually provided when he was.

I mean the only benefit Frank Clark has provided this team was a 6 week stretch (ish) at the end of 2019. We could argue just how critical he was in 'closing' wins that were largely decided by the time the sack in question happened (two of which were coverage sacks), but every play counted in the Super Bowl and he made one. So that makes the deal a 'win' in the same way Watkins deal was a win - a bad acquisition in a vacuum that was made palatable by a championship.

Clark is bad. He's been bad for awhile. Injury, motivation, diet - whatever. He's just a bad football player and there's little indication that this is going to change anytime soon.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:25 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Also based on the fact that if we hadn't traded that 2019 pick we most likely pick one of the shitty DL from the bottom of that first round based on all our draft visits. Or the degenerate CB we ended up with anyway.
Maybe.

But I remember one of 'The Franchise' episodes where Veach seemed really high on Rock Ya-Sin and CB was another clear need at the time, coming off the AFCCG debacle.

Wouldn't have surprised me if he was the pick. He's been...fine. But the fact that we took Hardman where we did also puts in the back of my mind that maybe AJ Brown would've been the guy and that one stings.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:25 PM 09-20-2021
Frank and Chris both getting raped over the coals today on CP.

We are stuck with Tyson Jackson and Eric Hicks at DE again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:27 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Frank and Chris both getting raped over the coals today on CP.

We are stuck with Tyson Jackson and Eric Hicks at DE again.
Nah.

Chris Jones will fix his shit. He's going to be good out there.

He just couldn't tell which way was up by the 2nd quarter. He'll learn from it.

He deserves criticism for a shit game - it was as bad an effort as you'll see. But that's not who he is going forward or who he's been in the past. He's an elite talent and that will surface as the season goes along.
[Reply]
Page 303 of 435
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313353403 > Last »
Up