ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 282 of 435
« First < 182232272278279280281282 283284285286292332382 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:55 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I predict he'll have a sack either this game or in the superbowl and people are going to start the "See he shows up in big games!!!!!" even though he'll be right at his 1 sack every 3 games pace.
Yeah, that's not gonna cut it.

He really needed to have a performance like last year but 1 game has already come and gone so he's not going to repeat that.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:05 PM 01-21-2021
Even if Clark was meeting expectations I would look hard at DE with our 1st pick.

This draft is LOADED with DE talent and a guy that can affect the QB is something you grab when the opportunity presents itself.

If Clark continues to disappoint then we have a cheap replacement for a few years. If he plays well then teams are dead!
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:21 PM 01-21-2021
Not defending Jones, because he certainly had a handful of WTF games this year.

But I like how for some reason RunKC and a few others are quick to defend Clark by saying, "Oh yeah? Well Chris Jones sucks too!"

Chris Jones has done way more the Kansas City Chiefs than Frank fucking Clark. And that includes last year, too. Jones has earned a much longer leash because of his multiple years of excellent play with the team, and it's kind of pathetic that in a Frank Clark Sucks thread, they constantly attempt to shift the blame over to Jones as well.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:26 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

But I like how for some reason RunKC and a few others are quick to defend Clark by saying, "Oh yeah? Well Chris Jones sucks too!"

Chris Jones has done way more the Kansas City Chiefs than Frank ****ing Clark. And that includes last year, too. Jones has earned a much longer leash because of his multiple years of excellent play with the team, and it's kind of pathetic that in a Frank Clark Sucks thread, they constantly attempt to shift the blame over to Jones as well.
All you have to show is the pass rush win rate compared with how often a player is double teamed as shown in the other thread about needing another DE. Jones gets double teamed more often than Clark and yet still had the highest pass rush win rate in the league from the interior after Donald (if I'm reading the chart right).

Clark gets doubled way less than Jones yet still has one of the lower pass rush win rates in the league. Zero comparison. I agree that sacks aren't the end all be all, which is why even though Jones only has 1.5 more sacks than Clark their contributions to the defense are in no way comparable. It doesn't mean Jones had a perfect season, but he was a hell of a lot better than Clark.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:55 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Chris Jones has done way more the Kansas City Chiefs than Frank ****ing Clark. And that includes last year, too. Jones has earned a much longer leash because of his multiple years of excellent play with the team, and it's kind of pathetic that in a Frank Clark Sucks thread, they constantly attempt to shift the blame over to Jones as well.
Chris Jones and Frank Clark are the 2 highest paid players on this team not named Patrick Mahomes.

Sorry but when you’re getting paid that much you better get results. And you guys only do this shit with Frank which is odd.

And no Chris Jones has not done more than Frank Clark. It’s astonishing that you forget that Chris Jones missed a playoff game last year and Frank Clark had 2 sacks and multiple pressures without him.

It’s odd that we only bitch about Frank when Sammy fucking Watkins can’t even get on the field half of the season and Chris Jones isn’t performing.

You get paid to get sacks and get results. Not one fucking good play a game.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:31 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Chris Jones and Frank Clark are the 2 highest paid players on this team not named Patrick Mahomes.

Sorry but when you’re getting paid that much you better get results. And you guys only do this shit with Frank which is odd.

And no Chris Jones has not done more than Frank Clark. It’s astonishing that you forget that Chris Jones missed a playoff game last year and Frank Clark had 2 sacks and multiple pressures without him.

It’s odd that we only bitch about Frank when Sammy ****ing Watkins can’t even get on the field half of the season and Chris Jones isn’t performing.

You get paid to get sacks and get results. Not one ****ing good play a game.
Chris Jones was 4th in pressures this year behind TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, and Joey Bosa.

2nd team all pro (could easily argue for him to be 1st team)

Passes the eye test. He's consistently in the backfield being disruptive.

He actually gets double teamed, a lot. I'm not talking some half ass shoulder tap by a RB as he's running by. He has multiple O lineman attempting to block him and he still makes plays.

Frank Clark wishes he was even close to as talented as Chris Jones.
[Reply]
O.city 02:56 PM 01-21-2021
Chris Jones has gotten results. He's an ass kicker. I don't know what we're arguing.
[Reply]
-King- 03:09 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Chris Jones has gotten results. He's an ass kicker. I don't know what we're arguing.
RunKC doesn't like Jones and tries to whataboutism any Clark criticism to Jones. Been a trend since last year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:12 PM 01-21-2021
Jones wrecked shit on 2 of the 3 final defensive snaps....he earned his money last game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:12 PM 01-21-2021

It’s odd that we only bitch about Frank when Sammy fucking Watkins can’t even get on the field half of the season and Chris Jones isn’t performing.

There's whole fucking threads about Watkins, WTF are you talking about?

And Chris Jones is the 2nd best IDL in the league, OBJECTIVELY. You're just being stupid about this.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:13 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Chris Jones was 4th in pressures this year behind TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, and Joey Bosa.

2nd team all pro (could easily argue for him to be 1st team)

Passes the eye test. He's consistently in the backfield being disruptive.

He actually gets double teamed, a lot. I'm not talking some half ass shoulder tap by a RB as he's running by. He has multiple O lineman attempting to block him and he still makes plays.

Frank Clark wishes he was even close to as talented as Chris Jones.
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:15 PM 01-21-2021

Keep fucking doubting Chris Jones.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:39 PM 01-21-2021
My point is Frank Clark doesn't ****ing suck... As I said before, his current numbers obviously don't support his contract, but he is a solid part of the defense setting the edge and is a big part of the improvement in our run defense. I think Jones is playing very well this year, despite his sack numbers being down. A lot of his sacks in previous years were at the expense of run defense as he would guess and jump gaps that weren't his responsibility. He is way better as a run defender this year with makes him a much better overall defender despite a decrease in sacks.

My point being, if we could have Frank's rush defense and 9-10 sacks this year, and 1 in each playoff game, I would take that in a heartbeat over Dee Fords 13 sacks in 2018. The Chiefs lead the league in sacks with 52 under Bob Sutton in 2018...Think about how meaningless that stat was with our shitty defense that year. Is Frank Clark not living up to his salary, yes, but does he ****ing suck, no, not even close.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:40 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
My point is Frank Clark doesn't fucking suck... As I said before, his current numbers obviously don't support his contract, but he is a solid part of the defense setting the edge and is a big part of the improvement in our run defense. I think Jones is playing very well this year, despite his sack numbers being down. A lot of his sacks in previous years were at the expense of run defense as he would guess and jump gaps that weren't his responsibility. He is way better as a run defender this year with makes him a much better overall defender despite a decrease in sacks.

My point being, if we could have Frank's rush defense and 9-10 sacks this year, and 1 in each playoff game, I would take that in a heartbeat over Dee Fords 13 sacks in 2018. The Chiefs lead the league in sacks with 52 under Bob Sutton in 2018... Is Frank Clark not living up to his salary, yes, but does he fucking suck, no, not even close.
:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:28 PM 01-21-2021

At this point I'd mud wrestle my own grandmother if Frank Clark would just give us one good play a game.
[Reply]
Page 282 of 435
« First < 182232272278279280281282 283284285286292332382 > Last »
Up